blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960326 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: April 28, 2016, 12:24:23 AM »

Can someone kindly enlighten me add to how this Virgin points thing works? How much are the flights working out as?x

Virgin 30% off reward sale until 11th May.  ANNNNND.... 30% on miles booster/buy miles etc.

Starting with 0 miles, you buy 23k+6900 bonus for £360

You pay about £200 airport tax.

Anyone paying £560+ as a retail fare, or worse with extra legs on the journey, should really not be playing poker with their own money.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: April 28, 2016, 09:52:23 AM »

Can someone kindly enlighten me add to how this Virgin points thing works? How much are the flights working out as?x

What part don't you understand ?
For example I have accumulated air miles on a tesco MasterCard and recently added a Virgin credit card which accumulate a mile for every £ spent using the cards
A direct economy flight to Vegas in June for 2 people costs £1700 plus exit seats @ £45 each each way so total cost is £1880
By using my air miles 60 k we got the flight for £406 plus the cost of the exit seats £180 so £ 586 instead of £1900

To buy the miles off virgin is £30? Per thousand ,but mine were accumulated through paying for everyday expenses like fuel using a credit card instead of straight out of my bank via my debit card , I then pay the credit card from my bank account off every month leaving me with the air miles as a bonus
I recently discovered that paying my tax and vat bills using the credit card the fee for its use is much lower than the cost of buying the air miles so it's almost like a freeroll if you plan on flying with virgin
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: April 28, 2016, 10:09:37 AM »

My first thought was how is this even possible and didn't they notice when the flight was only  about £50.....but I've just been on said site and it's quite an easy thing to do to be fair (If you ignore the text saying UK) and flights are still over £400.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: April 28, 2016, 10:11:53 AM »

My first thought was how is this even possible and didn't they notice when the flight was only  about £50.....but I've just been on said site and it's quite an easy thing to do to be fair (If you ignore the text saying UK) and flights are still over £400.

Really?

Because when I pick Birmingham, AL it comes up as "Birmingham (BHM) Alabama, US, United States" - I'd have thought that's quite hard to miss (?)

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: April 28, 2016, 10:22:41 AM »

Really?

Because when I pick Birmingham, AL it comes up as "Birmingham (BHM) Alabama, US, United States" - I'd have thought that's quite hard to miss (?)

Well yes, it's pretty obvious but if you're all excited and don't read it perhaps?  I can see how it happened that's all.  I'm sure I've bought the wrong thing online before because I didn't read properly but I admit it's pretty bloody stupid to book something so important and not read it.

I don't think it's a newsworthy story though.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: April 28, 2016, 10:54:19 AM »

Easily done if you're just clicking buttons, which I've done many times, but never with flights Cheesy

matt_damon

View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: April 28, 2016, 07:37:36 PM »

What part don't you understand ?
For example I have accumulated air miles on a tesco MasterCard and recently added a Virgin credit card which accumulate a mile for every £ spent using the cards
A direct economy flight to Vegas in June for 2 people costs £1700 plus exit seats @ £45 each each way so total cost is £1880
By using my air miles 60 k we got the flight for £406 plus the cost of the exit seats £180 so £ 586 instead of £1900

To buy the miles off virgin is £30? Per thousand ,but mine were accumulated through paying for everyday expenses like fuel using a credit card instead of straight out of my bank via my debit card , I then pay the credit card from my bank account off every month leaving me with the air miles as a bonus
I recently discovered that paying my tax and vat bills using the credit card the fee for its use is much lower than the cost of buying the air miles so it's almost like a freeroll if you plan on flying with virgin

Perfect thank you, and Simon. Will link my clubcard too.
matt_damon

View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: April 28, 2016, 07:45:45 PM »

Four hour flight time may have been a tip off. Bless her. Hope whoever bought that story books her a trip.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: April 28, 2016, 08:10:01 PM »

Four hour flight time may have been a tip off. Bless her. Hope whoever bought that story books her a trip.

Four hours is about right with the time difference.  I am in the can see how it happens camp.  Some stuff I do late night after playing poker is pretty stupid.  Not to mention clicking the damp call button when I meant to fold.  20 years ago we turned up for a flight 24 hours early.  Better than 24 hours late obviously, but still pretty embarrassing. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: April 28, 2016, 09:18:44 PM »

Bet the member of staff approached by them at the airport had a good chuckle behind the scenes.

Just been on lastminute.com and its clear enough for me; Alabama, United States in pretty obvious writing/size. I appreciate they might not be very experienced booking stuff like this, but then the argument is that she should have taken her time and triple checked everything. You have a couple of phases to spot it before hitting 'buy'.

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: April 28, 2016, 11:03:13 PM »

BA have a flight sale on right now.  It looks a bit rubbish for economy, but on my dates you can get business for £1000 each way and first for £1200 taxes included.  I'd be tempted if I hadn't booked already. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ventura8

View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: April 28, 2016, 11:14:27 PM »

Just seen that pre registration is open for WSOP events, with associated charges.

http://www.wsop.com/registration/default.aspx

Will be heading out for the first time and planning to play the Collosus, arriving on the Friday and playing the last flight day on the Saturday. Any experience on how straight forward it is to register in person or if worth pre registering on line? Assuming will be v busy live especially as it's the last day!
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: April 29, 2016, 12:03:02 AM »

No experience of pre-regeristering online.  But trying to register on the day would be absolute lunacy.  Wander in there at midnight etc and buy in for the next day.  Last day of collosus, I can see a lot of people lining up until level 7 or something similar, and maybe getting in or maybe not getting in.

Ofc the boss way to do it would be to buy yourself Diamond Status with a Founders Card.  Then you can make use of the Diamond registration facility and it will be a breeze.

Ventura8

View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: April 29, 2016, 12:12:16 AM »

Sounds like pre reg is the way to go, just didn't really have a handle on how busy it would be! Thanks for the advice.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: April 29, 2016, 12:15:05 AM »

If you're flying in the night before, I'd maybe just take a trip up to register once you're settled at the hotel.

I'll be registering the night before, for any WSOP events I play, which at present is only likely to be 1.

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: