blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:59:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960363 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:36 PM »

Yup, Vdara is the nuts. Doesn't feel like the other Vegas hotels. Quiet, rooms incred.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: April 14, 2016, 10:43:40 PM »

Is it worth moving from MC to Vdara?  Seem to be similar prices.  Is the pool decent at Vdara?  Imagine yourself as a 12 year old girl, which would you prefer?

For the same money, run, don't walk, to Vdara.

** Should add... Vdara is significantly a better hotel in general. However, tbf the pool offering is poor, so if pool is the #1 driver, I'd consider elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:01:07 PM by Simon Galloway » Logged

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: April 14, 2016, 10:57:54 PM »

Has anyone stayed at the Vdara before?  Figured the Wynn was going to cost me near £200 a night after fee.  The venetian and Bellagio aren't far off. I managed to pick up the Vdara for £104 a night plus fees including 2 weekends, which wasn't much more than the Rio and palms place. I did read the reviews and pretty much every recent one for the Rio is stinking, the ones for the Vdara are pretty much all glowing?  It looks like a Taxi to the Rio should be pretty quick and the aria is next door.  Plus from what I read the whole property seems to be smoke free.

So why is it so much cheaper than the rest?

I got drawn to it first because it was being priced in the same bracket as some medicore offerings. I really liked it and have hone back a few times.  On occasion, the price is too high - but most of the time it is priced like a decent 4* and it is a lot better than that.  I put a handful of photos ITT a year or two ago, can dig them out if of use.  I haven't ever taken the entry-level suite.  Going in 1+ steps higher, you get quite a jump in floor space, washer/drier and full kitchen, usually for a very small premium.  Corner Suites seem to be to be  very reasonably priced, not sure I'd pay much of a premium to go beyond that.  That said, the entry level rooms also look fine.  Bellagio/Aria/Cosmo all trivial walks.

If a 1-BDR suite at Palms Place was also in the same ballpark, that would tempt me.  Otherwise, unless Wynn/Cosmo etc are somehow beating Vdara prices, I can imagine my next few stays will be with them too.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: April 14, 2016, 11:12:39 PM »

Found some....this is the imaginatively named Vdara Suite, 1 grade up from the bottom.

OK let's try again... flight was ok Smiley

Click to see full-size image.

Staying at Vdara, obv only just got here, but it looks pretty good imo

I don't mind the view either...

OK that should be enough time for Drainy to have his post-coital smoke, time for beer Cheesy

and

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: April 14, 2016, 11:14:17 PM »

This is pretty weird, but I just youtubed Vdara Executive Corner Suite, which is what I got last summer and this video was the top answer:

This is the actual room I stayed in. Perhaps weird that I remember the room number from a hotel I stayed in last June, but surely more weird that the top video result was my actual room?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: April 14, 2016, 11:18:01 PM »

If a 1-BDR suite at Palms Place was also in the same ballpark, that would tempt me.  Otherwise, unless Wynn/Cosmo etc are somehow beating Vdara prices, I can imagine my next few stays will be with them too.

Vdara in June?

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: April 14, 2016, 11:21:52 PM »

To complete the collection... a corner suite:

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: April 14, 2016, 11:25:36 PM »

Vdara in June?

I need the # of your doctor... mine isn't as much fun.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: April 14, 2016, 11:31:24 PM »

If a 1-BDR suite at Palms Place was also in the same ballpark, that would tempt me.  Otherwise, unless Wynn/Cosmo etc are somehow beating Vdara prices, I can imagine my next few stays will be with them too.

Vdara in June?

I need the # of your doctor... mine isn't as much fun.

Sigh...

Mine is probably hoping I manage to off myself one summer, so he has a bit more space in his diary Cheesy

Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: April 14, 2016, 11:48:31 PM »

Is it worth moving from MC to Vdara?  Seem to be similar prices.  Is the pool decent at Vdara?  Imagine yourself as a 12 year old girl, which would you prefer?

Pool is good at MC for a 12 year old, it has a wave pool, lazy river, jacuzzi.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: April 15, 2016, 12:18:42 AM »

Is it worth moving from MC to Vdara?  Seem to be similar prices.  Is the pool decent at Vdara?  Imagine yourself as a 12 year old girl, which would you prefer?

Cheers, pool is the main thing.

Will stick with MC, it's only for a couple of nights anyway.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: April 15, 2016, 12:54:10 AM »

Sure you'd welcome the shade when you are there in the summer.  When I took my eldest, I was pretty scared of getting her sunburnt.  The sun is so intense in the afternoon.  From memory, even ths shade is pretty bloody hot there, so don't worry on that score. Early morning swims are just brilliant when you are there, especially if you are struggling to adjust from UK time.  Get the pool to yourself and very easy to get served drinks.  The temperature is still pretty high by European standards.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: April 15, 2016, 01:01:57 AM »

Has anyone stayed at the Vdara before?  Figured the Wynn was going to cost me near £200 a night after fee.  The venetian and Bellagio aren't far off. I managed to pick up the Vdara for £104 a night plus fees including 2 weekends, which wasn't much more than the Rio and palms place. I did read the reviews and pretty much every recent one for the Rio is stinking, the ones for the Vdara are pretty much all glowing?  It looks like a Taxi to the Rio should be pretty quick and the aria is next door.  Plus from what I read the whole property seems to be smoke free.

So why is it so much cheaper than the rest?

I got drawn to it first because it was being priced in the same bracket as some medicore offerings. I really liked it and have hone back a few times.  On occasion, the price is too high - but most of the time it is priced like a decent 4* and it is a lot better than that.  I put a handful of photos ITT a year or two ago, can dig them out if of use.  I haven't ever taken the entry-level suite.  Going in 1+ steps higher, you get quite a jump in floor space, washer/drier and full kitchen, usually for a very small premium.  Corner Suites seem to be to be  very reasonably priced, not sure I'd pay much of a premium to go beyond that.  That said, the entry level rooms also look fine.  Bellagio/Aria/Cosmo all trivial walks.

Thanks to all those who have come back on Vdara.  Sounds ideal for me.

Are you there in the begginning of July.  Maybe we can do Mozen this time?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: April 15, 2016, 01:38:09 AM »

Very unlikely this year unfortunately, but hopefully business as usual for next year.  I never did make it to Mozen.  Add Bazaar meats to the list too!

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: April 15, 2016, 02:06:43 AM »

Sure you'd welcome the shade when you are there in the summer.  When I took my eldest, I was pretty scared of getting her sunburnt.  The sun is so intense in the afternoon.  From memory, even ths shade is pretty bloody hot there, so don't worry on that score. Early morning swims are just brilliant when you are there, especially if you are struggling to adjust from UK time.  Get the pool to yourself and very easy to get served drinks.  The temperature is still pretty high by European standards.

This.

Pool at MC opens at 8am, was down there for 8.05 most mornings and just floating round the lazy river with a can of beer in hand was a great start to the day.
Reasonable food court with all the usual suspects that should appeal to a 12 yr old.
Solid location as well.

It's not high end and probably not a patch on Vdara but we had a great week there and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Cash games are good there as well Wink

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: