blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957098 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4875 on: November 28, 2018, 09:55:18 PM »

A week in Venetian August 24-31st for 4 £200 per person I thought was decent
Trivago

I think something isn't quite right with that Smiley

Think it might have had more than 1 person selected per room.

Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: November 28, 2018, 11:18:46 PM »

Ah it was 2 adult 2 children
Luxury-1 King Suite - 2 adults, 2 children (10, 10years old)
Only Room £833
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: November 29, 2018, 12:18:58 AM »

Has anyone here done Virgin Upper and BA Business? How do they compare?

Virgin economy is vastly superior to BA economy, having done both.

Premium is a better comparator: they're pretty similar in standard.

I've done Virgin Upper - own pod, chair converts to a bed, separate menu, proper cutlery, private space, seated bar, generally pampered, especially if you fly from London (manchester lounge is pants compared to the London airports).

BA comparator would be helpful, please.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:27:33 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: November 29, 2018, 08:46:13 AM »

Love it. Every day I learn a new word;

comparator

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: November 29, 2018, 09:47:22 AM »

They say it's all about the customer experience and the experience in Upper feels better imo.

In practical terms, if you're lucky enough to fly in a bed and get some half deece food and service then both are much of a muchness

sola virtus nobilitat
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: November 29, 2018, 07:12:35 PM »

Has anyone here done Virgin Upper and BA Business? How do they compare?

Virgin economy is vastly superior to BA economy, having done both.

Premium is a better comparator: they're pretty similar in standard.

I've done Virgin Upper - own pod, chair converts to a bed, separate menu, proper cutlery, private space, seated bar, generally pampered, especially if you fly from London (manchester lounge is pants compared to the London airports).

BA comparator would be helpful, please.

Cheers.

I've done a BA return to Vegas in Club world in 2015.

It was my first time long haul in business so naturally I very much enjoyed it, and thought it was the dogs bollocks at the time. But the aircraft was quite old (BA tend to use ancient 747s on that route), and the seating config was 2-4-2, which 8 abreast in business is absurd and not industry standard.

Food was very nice, drinks very forthcoming and the service fine. TV probably not the largest.

Also worth noting that BA charge for pre seat reservations in business, something like £90 per long haul flight, again not industry standard.

I don't have a direct comparison to Virgin upper has I've never done it, but I'd say Virgin over BA in all classes, and as a travel agent I'd always advise Virgin over BA assuming prices are comparible.

Best Bitter.
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: November 29, 2018, 08:21:45 PM »

I've done VA upper (and am using again in a few weeks)

The ground experience is superb but the in air not so good

The bed curves and is narrow and the bar is very poor

Not flown BA business to compare but it falls well short of the likes of Emirates

Economy there is little between them, Premium VA seats are quite a bit wider though you lose some of this to the excessively wide armrest

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: November 29, 2018, 08:55:45 PM »

If you do BA Business make sure it is on a 747 and you have an upper deck seat. Not worth it otherwise.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: November 29, 2018, 09:00:50 PM »

Thanks, folks.

Research suggests they're broadly equivalent but Virgin a little better in a few areas and thus overall. Having done Virgin a few times, I've got an idea what that means.

BA flight times are superb (9pm flight home from vegas means you get all day there and land mid afternoon, compared with landing at 9am with the body clock all over the place) and having a bed is a nice perk for the way back in particular.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: November 29, 2018, 09:06:39 PM »

Thanks, folks.

Research suggests they're broadly equivalent but Virgin a little better in a few areas and thus overall. Having done Virgin a few times, I've got an idea what that means.

BA flight times are superb (9pm flight home from vegas means you get all day there and land mid afternoon, compared with landing at 9am with the body clock all over the place) and having a bed is a nice perk for the way back in particular.

The new Virgin flight times are better, too.

Leaves at 7pm Vegas time, and lands 1pm.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: November 30, 2018, 09:22:02 AM »

There is an article online somewhere about how the BA service is good, but the cabin layout and age of the cabins is beyond ridiculous.

I think the article stated that due to the insane value of the Atlantic slots BA hold out of all London airports, they are guaranteed to fill the business cabins regardless of how old and battered they are.

Qatar business class is incred, particularly enjoy the travel prayer before take off. Inshallah!

No idea what you nutters are talking about with the flight times.
Surely the current 3.30pm land at 9.30am is by far the most body clock friendly, and why would you want extra time in Vegas on your last day when you have 0 dollars left!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: November 30, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »

Done both plenty of times, however not done BA for a few years, so they may have got better.  My two cents

BA Club is horrible as a seat, very uncomfortable, I used to fly for work and so wasn't picking up the bill, often came close to asking someone in premium if they wanted to swap on the way out.
BA flat bed the config used to require you clambering over the person next to you.
There wasn't a bar, on any of the planes that I flew.

Upper, the seat comfort was much better, and the herringbone formation means you can get in and out whenever you feel like it.
As a flat bed, it felt bigger than BA.  I'm sure the measurements are searchable somewhere, but as someone that fills up a lot of the allocated space ( Sad ) I definitely felt the difference.
Bar was ok, I don't drink much on flights but it was somewhere to have a leg stretch

Flight times, Virgin has changed but it doesn't really matter too much to me, I usually pull an all-nighter last night in Vegas and I'm gonna sleep on any plane in any seat whatever the flight path/time, so I don't even think about it, other than to figure out what time to head to the airport.

I was trying to give balance, so I guess I should point out again that I don't have recent BA experience and they may have got better.  But re-reading what I wrote, it isn't a surprise that I chose Virgin out of the two and stuck with it.  It seems pretty easy to rattle up airmiles and with a little organisation I keep finding myself in Upper for < £ economy so I'll keep doing it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: November 30, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »

Not 100% sure on this, but I think the VA flights from Gatters move across to Heathrow from the end of May, & the VA 747's on the Vegas route will then be Dreamliner 787's, with the 747's being pensioned off. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: November 30, 2018, 03:36:20 PM »

Not 100% sure on this, but I think the VA flights from Gatters move across to Heathrow from the end of May, & the VA 747's on the Vegas route will then be Dreamliner 787's, with the 747's being pensioned off. 

I know they're moving next year, but thought i read that it was March.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: November 30, 2018, 03:43:01 PM »

I had it in my head that it was May too.  Either way, I'll find out about it later on in June Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: