blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952696 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »

Gotta love this guy... enough is enough.

http://www.vegastripping.com/news/blog/4619/the-video-where-the-guy-dumps-the-u-haul-on-the-strip/

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2012, 04:20:55 PM »

A refitted plane is in action now, not sure how many planes are in the fleet, but a chance of getting on it if you are running good

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/frequentflyer/offersandnews/latestnews/newinflightentertainment.jsp

I won't use up a one time, but it would be nice to run well from the off

Cheers Karl, that might save me a lot of money!!

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: May 28, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »

Thanks Karl, that would have done it.  Past tense, as I already paid £89 for the holidayphone jobbie this time.  Unless I get a lot of extra use out of the additional services (unlikely) I will be using the £26 one next time.

Am torn between the 2 tbh, not sure which to get. Faster speeds, uk call forwarding but more expensive and data capped at 2gb which you can't pay for more of if you run out

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 28, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »

You can, (I think) the 30-day extension for £69.90 gives 2 more gig. (assuming you are there for 30days+ in the first place)  If you are not streaming vids etc, just surfing and emails, 2G should be loads ?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:26:45 PM by Simon Galloway » Logged

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2012, 11:24:06 PM »

OK so which non-WSOP events are people playing when over in Vegas this year?  Venetian have increased their buy-ins quite a bit.  Caesars structure isn't that great.  Wynn Summer Classic looks good, as do the daily tournies at the Rio.  Downtown both Binions and the Nugget have some decent tournies on and the Aria are having their usual $125 daily tourney twice a day!  So much to choose from.  Looks like I'm not seeing the Wynn pool again this year!!
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »

OK so which non-WSOP events are people playing when over in Vegas this year?  Venetian have increased their buy-ins quite a bit.  Caesars structure isn't that great.  Wynn Summer Classic looks good, as do the daily tournies at the Rio.  Downtown both Binions and the Nugget have some decent tournies on and the Aria are having their usual $125 daily tourney twice a day!  So much to choose from.  Looks like I'm not seeing the Wynn pool again this year!!

Arrive Friday for 16 days and playing most of the non holdem Golden Nugget events plus a few Binions and a trip to Rio for WSOP HORSE event on 13th June

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2012, 03:48:21 PM »

I get there on the 22nd, but plan to mostly be drinking for the first 2 days and will start trying to freeroll the trip from Sunday.....

24/6: Wynn $340 PLO8

25/6: Binions $200 6Max

26/6: Binions $1k

27/6: Celebrating winning the $1k

28/6: Nugget $230 PLO/HE

29/6: Nugget $225 NLHE

30/6: Nugget $1090 M/E

I move up to the Palazzo after that and will probably spend most of the next week or so in a drunken stupor. I might flick in for the $400 on July 4th, but again that's all dependent on the previous few days  Tongue

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 05, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »

right im planing on going on the 30 may 2013 for 10 days is it better to book flights then book hotel or book it all at the same time i thinking of stopping at the flamingo or the mirage there will be 4 of us so wanting two rooms also wanting to fly direct from manchester
also how much does the exchange rate differ from the uk to the usa im not want to take loads out like i did last year and take even more back to the uk the exchange rate so bad when u change them back in the uk
any help would be great thank u
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: June 05, 2012, 08:09:32 PM »

right im planing on going on the 30 may 2013 for 10 days is it better to book flights then book hotel or book it all at the same time i thinking of stopping at the flamingo or the mirage there will be 4 of us so wanting two rooms also wanting to fly direct from manchester
also how much does the exchange rate differ from the uk to the usa im not want to take loads out like i did last year and take even more back to the uk the exchange rate so bad when u change them back in the uk

Book flights sooner rather than later (especially look out for sales that BA/Virgin will do) - no rush on hotels.

The exchange rate hasn't moved very much recently, but if any of us knew how it would change between now and next May we wouldn't all be playing poker.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:20 PM »

Book flights sooner rather than later (especially look out for sales that BA/Virgin will do) - no rush on hotels.

The exchange rate hasn't moved very much recently, but if any of us knew how it would change between now and next May we wouldn't all be playing poker.

Yeah just the 11 cents this month..............  Sad

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: June 05, 2012, 08:21:16 PM »

LOL - I knew it had bounced around between 1.54 and 1.6 for about 6 months - hadn't checked recently.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 05, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »

LOL - I knew it had bounced around between 1.54 and 1.6 for about 6 months - hadn't checked recently.

I only noticed because I bought some at 1.6, but only got 1.5 when I topped up last week and then I saw the graph lol

animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 05, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »

ok newb question

£Uk to $us what is the nut way?

wire transfer?
cash?

if cash, wheres best?

tyty

I used http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/ in the past and would really recommend their services. They'll give you a much better rate than the bank/airport etc. and are good for large amounts. You need to scan/send in a few documents but they're pretty efficient and fast at confirming them. You then bank transfer them the money in £ and they send the $ in the post to you next-day delivery with insurance. Also they have a good buy-back scheme in-case you don't punt it all off in strip clubs etc.

Please message me if you have currency needs, i would be very surprised if we can't beat any other rate you get offered and i can guarantee you less hassle.

unable to message you, hav emailed the email on your profile, hope thats current ta
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »

when do ba and virgin have there sale does any one know tar for the info so far u lot keep it comming
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

If anyone is looking to book a hotel room in Vegas for early July, I have a room available that I'm looking to sell.  It's at the Wynn for 6 nights (3rd-9th July).  I won it as part of the ipoker/Genting WSOP Experience I won in a satellite last night.  Genting are valuing it at $1290, however I'm willing to consider reasonable/sensible offers for it!

Michelle
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: