blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:37:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957225 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2012, 10:53:46 AM »

My favourite thing about it was that the omelets section listed all the options as "...and egg":

Cheese and egg
Ham and egg
Bacon and egg
Steak and egg...

If you go, please ask for it without the egg and see what you get!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »

Booked Bally's after some Guidance and Help from this Thread.

£362 for a Room in the South Tower but will be using the Simon Galloway Charm  thumbs up and $20 to increase my chances of impressing the Wife.

Love this thread and appreciate everyone who contributed to it and Marky..

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »

marky are u doing one of thers for next year as iv just booked my flights from manchester for around £1300 for me and the wife all i need now is the hotel hoping not to pay more than £2000 total i wanting to say at the flamingo and im  going from the 29 may to the 9 june
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 22, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »

Yeah I said before I'll do a new one next year, I'm not gonna do it now though as we're not even through summer of this year.....

Should be able to sort out a hotel room easily enough without a new thread Wink

I wouldn't think you've got much to worry about with regards to paying more than £700 for the Flamingo those dates as long as the EDC isn't on the same weekend again. Bit of luck they'll have some form of promo on that you can book up before it's announced anyway and won't have to worry about the ridic pricing for that weekend.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 22, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »

Do you know dates confirmed for EDC so can avoid next year? (Didn't cost me much extra but had to slum it at LV Club for 3 nights!) Never again! Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 22, 2012, 03:27:15 PM »

Yeah I said before I'll do a new one next year, I'm not gonna do it now though as we're not even through summer of this year.....

Should be able to sort out a hotel room easily enough without a new thread Wink

I wouldn't think you've got much to worry about with regards to paying more than £700 for the Flamingo those dates as long as the EDC isn't on the same weekend again. Bit of luck they'll have some form of promo on that you can book up before it's announced anyway and won't have to worry about the ridic pricing for that weekend.

im sure it on the last weekend im there, there rate goes from $155 a nite to $275 a nite so i think im going to struggle to get it for £700
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 22, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »

My inertia to go with the pre-pay sites is because:

1. You are locked in - if a better deal comes up for the same hotel or another hotel, you can't take it
2.  As above, no cancellation rights or ability to change dates usually
3.  If you do give them action, they can't comp your stay on a 3rd party travel voucher...

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 22, 2012, 04:27:51 PM »

Do you know dates confirmed for EDC so can avoid next year? (Didn't cost me much extra but had to slum it at LV Club for 3 nights!) Never again! Smiley

No idea, not sure when they announce it either as it doesn't interest me anymore. I'd just have to suck it up if it was end of June again and pay though......

Stay at the Nugget if you have to stay downtown, great resort and like being on the strip in all but location. I'll be staying there every time I go now for the majority of my stay with a quick stop at Palazzo at the end of the trip.

im sure it on the last weekend im there, there rate goes from $155 a nite to $275 a nite so i think im going to struggle to get it for £700

They moved it forward two weeks this year, so might move it back again next and I guess we'll just have to wait for them to announce it. Worst comes to worst you could go downtown for the last 2 nights of the trip if the rooms are too expensive.

My inertia to go with the pre-pay sites is because:

1. You are locked in - if a better deal comes up for the same hotel or another hotel, you can't take it
2.  As above, no cancellation rights or ability to change dates usually
3.  If you do give them action, they can't comp your stay on a 3rd party travel voucher...

Yeah I was right then, I don't worry about the comps aspect because I never give enough action to even get a buffet and definitely not a room Cheesy

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 22, 2012, 06:32:10 PM »

hope they do change it at the mo the flamingo saying friday7 and sat8  of june are the dates of it but im an going on the rates for all the hotels on the strip are a lot more that weekend i may stop down town or the luxor when do they release the dayes do we know
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 22, 2012, 06:41:06 PM »

hope they do change it at the mo the flamingo saying friday7 and sat8  of june are the dates of it but im an going on the rates for all the hotels on the strip are a lot more that weekend i may stop down town or the luxor when do they release the dayes do we know

Calm down m8 it's over 10 months away lol

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 22, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »

ok buddy it just iv never booked a holiday like this befor al way book a package holiday
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 16, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »

Anybody get a Limo from the Airport to the Strip.

What are the costs.

(Thinely Veiled)

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Paullie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »

I think the norm is around $60 - 70 an hour (with a minimum of 1 hour) (pre-booked) for a proper stretch jobbie....maybe more [PLUS TIP]

A 'town car'...basically a large saloon (big Merc for instance) more like $50 an hour (again, min 1 hour)

Deals might be available on the spot...subject to your negotiation skills.

YMMV.

Wait...What!?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 17, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »

Marky.

The Autumn Venetian Schedule has been out for a goodly while now, see....

http://www.palazzo.com/uploadedFiles/The_Venetian/Content_Blocks/Gaming/Deepstack_Extravaganza/DSE_IV_2012_Schedule.pdf

...but have you any idea if or when the other rooms - Caesars, Golden Nugget, Binions, Palms etc will be publishing their schedules?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 17, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »

I saw it was released a while back, I'm a selfish little blighter though and never bothered looking into other festivals as I'm not going Smiley

I'm off for my monthly top up at the hospital shortly, so will see what is on while I'm in there as long as they leave me in peace!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: