blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952350 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 21, 2012, 06:42:01 PM »

My mrs wants to go to Vegas for her 30th.  I had a few year to get funds together as its not till 2014.

I'd like to be able to start paying towards it just now so I don't spunk the money away do you guys know if there is any company I could do this through so that I could pay X to it whenever I had the spare cash.  I'd like to make it fairly special.  In my previous trips I have stayed in pretty much basic places and flown Thomas Cook charter flights so not sure of best way to do this. 

Give the dough to a family member, or a friend that you trust and save that way?

The only thing I would suggest booking early is the flight and then you can look for hotel deals nearer the time at the resorts you are interested in.

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 21, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »

Pay for it and put on an interest free credit card?

Change the card once the 12 months interest free is up.

Discipline is using the card then not using it again......cut it up.

Just a thought.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 21, 2012, 10:24:53 PM »

My mrs wants to go to Vegas for her 30th.  I had a few year to get funds together as its not till 2014.

I'd like to be able to start paying towards it just now so I don't spunk the money away do you guys know if there is any company I could do this through so that I could pay X to it whenever I had the spare cash.  I'd like to make it fairly special.  In my previous trips I have stayed in pretty much basic places and flown Thomas Cook charter flights so not sure of best way to do this. 

I think you can do this in high street travel agents however you wont necessarily get the best deal on the flights accommodation

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 22, 2012, 04:06:35 PM »

If you have only used Thomas Cook then you probs already been paying way over the odds.
Put the money into a 12 month saving bond or similar that you cant touch for a year then book the trip, or at least the flights after the 12 months
AceHighSuited

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 22, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »

If you have only used Thomas Cook then you probs already been paying way over the odds.
Put the money into a 12 month saving bond or similar that you cant touch for a year then book the trip, or at least the flights after the 12 months

This sounds like an idea. 

Normally I am more savvy and book everything separately for other holiday but the price of flights for Vegas is what has put me off doing this in the past as I don't normally have a spare £500 or £600 kicking about to book the flights when they are on special. 
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 22, 2012, 07:39:44 PM »

and now the price has gone back up lol went to booked it signed in to total rewards to booked it and the price changed lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 22, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »

Normally I am more savvy and book everything separately for other holiday but the price of flights for Vegas is what has put me off doing this in the past as I don't normally have a spare £500 or £600 kicking about to book the flights when they are on special. 

I always book my flights around xmas time and then just look for hotel deals going forward. You only pay 1 night up front on the bookings and can cancel them if a better deal comes up at no cost.

and now the price has gone back up lol went to booked it signed in to total rewards to booked it and the price changed lol

Cheesy

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 22, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »

Have you tried booking without signing into TR. I remember in the past that once or twice the price going up when I did, most of the time I get a small discount when signing in. The only action they ever get off me is poker, so I am a bad customer for them.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 22, 2012, 10:21:59 PM »

Thomas Cook/my travel have their moments.  Sometimes their flights can be quite cheap if you look with 1-3 weeks to go (at the moment there is a direct flight from glasgow for under £400 leaving at the end of this month).  Also if you book a package there are usually no resorts fees.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 22, 2012, 11:50:24 PM »

Thomas Cook/my travel have their moments.  Sometimes their flights can be quite cheap if you look with 1-3 weeks to go (at the moment there is a direct flight from glasgow for under £400 leaving at the end of this month).  Also if you book a package there are usually no resorts fees.

Sick deal, almost spite booked it cause its so cheap+no hassle with direct flight but got other plans.  Wish they had these flights more regularly

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 23, 2012, 08:12:58 PM »

How long would you guys stay in Vegas for?  I mean, is 7 days not enough?

I guess 14 nights could be too much and 5 nights not enough.  I plan to go for 7 nights possibly in Spring or Autumn, obviously avoiding the hottest heat.

When is the best time to go, purely for a break with the idea being to play some poker at the lowest limits, soaking up a little sunshine and generally trying to have a good time.

I'll be going on my own, as the wife will have the 2 kids at home so factor in the lone traveller element!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 23, 2012, 08:20:11 PM »

Yeah 7 days string/Autumn would be good.

I've been for 5 days with non gamblers before and it worked well for them.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 23, 2012, 08:28:43 PM »

I guess 14 nights could be too much and 5 nights not enough.  I plan to go for 7 nights possibly in Spring or Autumn, obviously avoiding the hottest heat.

When is the best time to go, purely for a break with the idea being to play some poker at the lowest limits, soaking up a little sunshine and generally trying to have a good time.

I'll be going on my own, as the wife will have the 2 kids at home so factor in the lone traveller element!

Average trip recent years has been 11/12 nights.

Good times to go for me have been End of Oct/Start Nov....week after Thanksgiving...Superbowl week...Early April...WSOP (anytime)...not much of a sun person. Worst time I went was Labor Day week much too hot

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 23, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »

For solo, I think something like 9 days is perfect (if you can get the pass)

It will feel like a proper week, sometimes it can take a day or 2 to "get straight" after a long flight.  If you are only booked for 5 or 7, you start to feel under pressure to either win $$ quickly or get lots of stuff done in a short space of time.  Having the 9 or 10 dayer means you can get away with a little more downtime and not feel like you had to cram everything into a few days.

I would say April/May or Sept would be a good time to go - plenty warm enough without being overkill.  I'd also start looking in rate calendars and you will already start to see weeks that are pricey (or massive hotspots) and weeks that are low rates.  Then try and tally a sale flight to go with the low rates and that would be the best week to go Smiley  Lots of people decide that they are going "May 12th" for no particular reason, then notice that May 14th is $500/night everywhere due to some event, but it's too late. 

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 23, 2012, 10:03:53 PM »

Average trip recent years has been 11/12 nights.

Good times to go for me have been End of Oct/Start Nov....week after Thanksgiving...Superbowl week...Early April...WSOP (anytime)...not much of a sun person. Worst time I went was Labor Day week much too hot

Have only ever been in the summer (x3) and it's been 90-120F every day. Still come back as pale as I arrived, mind. Took hot to go outside, so I stay in and gamble. Works for me Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: