blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:59:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952736 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: February 16, 2013, 10:33:25 AM »

http://goldennugget.com/lasvegas/pdf/gps.pdf

This was posted by Marky147 (iirc) a few weeks back.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 16, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »

Brilliant!

Plenty of Omaha variants, that is lovely.

Thanks lads.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 16, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »

Brilliant!

Thanks lads.

The guys I was with last year are all 4card+ players so this year is perfect for them. The main tournament ($240) every day is a non holdem and the sideline comps ($135) are NLHE.

Unsure if I'm going this year either due to unforeseen circumstances and finding it painful helping my friends all book their trips while not knowing about mine...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 16, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »

Brilliant!

Thanks lads.

The guys I was with last year are all 4card+ players so this year is perfect for them. The main tournament ($240) every day is a non holdem and the sideline comps ($135) are NLHE.

Unsure if I'm going this year either due to unforeseen circumstances and finding it painful helping my friends all book their trips while not knowing about mine...

Main Events all non Hold 'Em - happy days!

I do hope you can get there. I'm in the same boat, I just don't know if I can be there this year, but I'm really hoping I can.

If I do, I won't play much, if any, Hold Em, just 4 card stuff. I love it more with every passing day, & it reps far better value for me. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 16, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »

Brilliant!

Thanks lads.

Main Events all non Hold 'Em - happy days!

I do hope you can get there. I'm in the same boat, I just don't know if I can be there this year, but I'm really hoping I can.

If I do, I won't play much, if any, Hold Em, just 4 card stuff. I love it more with every passing day, & it reps far better value for me. 

I'll be having a pop at a few of those if I get there.

I'll be gutted if I can't, especially as there are 20+ going from over at our forum and the majority all staying in the Nugget too.

It's a lot more interesting for sure, I'll be some of that value if I'm there no doubt Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38:06 AM »

If I go, it is probably going to be the week beginning the 22nd for the plo8 3k and a few hold em crapshoots.  Fairly disappointed that the ante only is the same day as the 3k plo8, but given it is such a crapshoot chances are I'll be out by 5pm.  It was definitely the most fun tournament after the plo8.  Loads of splasing about/back raising fun. 

May go down and play the pot limit/pot limit 8 or better mix on the 24th at the nugget if only I could figure out what the games were! 

Put me down for 25% if you play the 1.5k plo8 Tony.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 16, 2013, 12:38:51 PM »

Doobs,
I'd recommend checking the hotels before booking a flight.  The reason I say this is the EDC is on that weekend, and there is already a pretty nasty spike for room rates around the 22nd which will presumably only get worse.  Last time I looked, there were still some decent prices for arriving the Sunday (23rd) with the £k PLO8 starting on the Tues.

cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 16, 2013, 12:46:41 PM »

Taxi-ing into terminal 3 takes forever. Keep an eye on the taxi driver. Seemed to be a long route out of the airport when I used terminal 3. wasn't sure if the driver being creative or if terminal 3 just in a crappy position.

Terminal 3 was a massive improvement,I thought.We arrived on schedule around 6:30pm with plenty of immigration desks open-got through before the bags arrived at the carousel.Smoking room at gate 2 for the return journey.

Taxi to Paris was $18,just said no tunnel.Failed with the upgrade and the basic room was a bit tired but very clean/adequate.We pre-booked a SUV for a couple of days through Hertz as they have a pick up point in the hotel for £30 a day.Had a little drive out to Red Rock canyon which was really nice.

Shame to see both Bills and IP closed.

shy bairns get nowt
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 16, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »

Doobs,
I'd recommend checking the hotels before booking a flight.  The reason I say this is the EDC is on that weekend, and there is already a pretty nasty spike for room rates around the 22nd which will presumably only get worse.  Last time I looked, there were still some decent prices for arriving the Sunday (23rd) with the £k PLO8 starting on the Tues.

If you do want those dates, maybe booking third party is worth looking at? Those don't take into account the EDC, I managed to save a friend £400 by booking his through www.lowcostusa.co.uk from the 21st for 2 weeks and he's staying at the Nugget!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 16, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »

Taxi-ing into terminal 3 takes forever. Keep an eye on the taxi driver. Seemed to be a long route out of the airport when I used terminal 3. wasn't sure if the driver being creative or if terminal 3 just in a crappy position.

Terminal 3 was a massive improvement,I thought.We arrived on schedule around 6:30pm with plenty of immigration desks open-got through before the bags arrived at the carousel.Smoking room at gate 2 for the return journey.

Taxi to Paris was $18,just said no tunnel.Failed with the upgrade and the basic room was a bit tired but very clean/adequate.We pre-booked a SUV for a couple of days through Hertz as they have a pick up point in the hotel for £30 a day.Had a little drive out to Red Rock canyon which was really nice.

Shame to see both Bills and IP closed.

Only thing I was disappointed with last year was that Burger King wasn't open yet Cheesy

IP has been renamed 'The Quad' http://www.thequadlv.com/ , but they're still taking room bookings and from looking at the website nothing has changed inside.

'Fat Tuesday' is still there <3

Bills is undergoing a much bigger refurb it seems and reopens in 2014 http://www.billslasvegas.com/bills-las-vegas/

cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 16, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »

Didn't realise It was still open IP looked shuttered off as I walked past,Carnival court was closed as well.Maybe I just missed the entrance amongst the scaffolding,I'd had a few by then.

shy bairns get nowt
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 16, 2013, 01:16:47 PM »

If I go, it is probably going to be the week beginning the 22nd for the plo8 3k and a few hold em crapshoots.  Fairly disappointed that the ante only is the same day as the 3k plo8, but given it is such a crapshoot chances are I'll be out by 5pm.  It was definitely the most fun tournament after the plo8.  Loads of splasing about/back raising fun. 

May go down and play the pot limit/pot limit 8 or better mix on the 24th at the nugget if only I could figure out what the games were! 

Put me down for 25% if you play the 1.5k plo8 Tony.

Wow, thank you! Chuffed to bits with that, all things considered.

You got it. If I play, you have 25%. (at Spot, obv).

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 16, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »

Didn't realise It was still open IP looked shuttered off as I walked past,Carnival court was closed as well.Maybe I just missed the entrance amongst the scaffolding,I'd had a few by then.

To be fair most people probably wish that it was Cheesy

I love the place and had some great nights in there over the years!

I know that they're gutting a lot of that area to make way for the Linq, so I'd imagine by later this year it will be completely unrecognisable. I'm a convert to downtown now anyway, so it won't make any odds Smiley

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 17, 2013, 05:54:09 PM »

when is linq going to be done
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 17, 2013, 05:58:31 PM »

Looking forward to this opening again this year

http://wetnwildlasvegas.com/

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: