blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:20:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952347 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 17, 2013, 07:04:07 PM »

when is linq going to be done

Supposed to be the end of this year I think mate.

Looking forward to this opening again this year

http://wetnwildlasvegas.com/

Can see some carnage there!

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 17, 2013, 07:11:42 PM »

Looking forward to this opening again this year

http://wetnwildlasvegas.com/

llok like fun how far away from strip is that then
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 17, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »

i.r.o 10 miles

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 19, 2013, 01:16:49 AM »

Doobs,
I'd recommend checking the hotels before booking a flight.  The reason I say this is the EDC is on that weekend, and there is already a pretty nasty spike for room rates around the 22nd which will presumably only get worse.  Last time I looked, there were still some decent prices for arriving the Sunday (23rd) with the £k PLO8 starting on the Tues.

Cheers Simon.

I think I'd still like to get there on at least the Saturday.  That way I can play at least the Sunday crapshoot.  Otherwise I might end up playing just a couple of WSOPs and the trip doesn't seem worth it. 

Is the Rio so bad for a couple of nights?  At least it is handy for the first game.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 19, 2013, 01:40:35 AM »

I'm not sure that I'm going this year, but I've booked hotels already in case and I intend going out on the 21st which is when the EDC starts.

Booking direct with the Nugget those 3 nights cost almost $600, but by booking with lowcostusa I have managed to get it for £150 and then book the following 11 nights direct with them at normal rates.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 19, 2013, 06:59:54 AM »

Doobs,
I'd recommend checking the hotels before booking a flight.  The reason I say this is the EDC is on that weekend, and there is already a pretty nasty spike for room rates around the 22nd which will presumably only get worse.  Last time I looked, there were still some decent prices for arriving the Sunday (23rd) with the £k PLO8 starting on the Tues.

Cheers Simon.

I think I'd still like to get there on at least the Saturday.  That way I can play at least the Sunday crapshoot.  Otherwise I might end up playing just a couple of WSOPs and the trip doesn't seem worth it. 

Is the Rio so bad for a couple of nights?  At least it is handy for the first game.

Contrary to what many say, it's perfectly adequate if you intend to play at the WSOP. Rooms are not "top-grade" by Vegas standards, but at worst are many times better than all except the very best UK Hotel Suites. It is a delight to be able to walk from bedroom to cardroom without taxis & all that stuff, too.

Most of us who go to Vegas are hardly even in the room/suite, we are out & about 18/7. 

Unless you are spoilt, or extremely picky, The Rio is just fine.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 19, 2013, 08:57:50 AM »

As Tikay say the rooms are of a decent standard at the rio and are all suites as it says in their promo material.

The two big issues are location (which isn't a problem for wsop) and food options as they are pretty sub standard there IMO.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 19, 2013, 09:18:04 AM »

As Tikay say the rooms are of a decent standard at the rio and are all suites as it says in their promo material.

The two big issues are location (which isn't a problem for wsop) and food options as they are pretty sub standard there IMO.

Agree with this.  The rooms are ok but the down side is if you want a decent meal you do need to go to another hotel.

I have stayed at the Rio twice and given a choice I would stay somewhere else.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 19, 2013, 10:35:03 AM »

Think it just seems a solid bet to stay at the rio.  1st day am always in a mess with time consuming.  Meals on the first full day not much of an issue.  There is a dim sum place there which will do for breakfast/lunch and 1st day I arrive I am not going to be eating that much in the hotel.

Can imagine that weekend is going to be a nightmare kipping in the Wynn with the club downstairs and at $500 a night I'd hope for a decent kip!

Maybe I'll just go the week before and play the cheaper plo8, or maybe the main...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RH12

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 19, 2013, 05:51:52 PM »

Can anyone give me any tips on booking boxing tickets please. There's a group of 8 going for a week on may 2nd, it's my 4th trip and the 3rd time I have been at this time of year because there's usually something on fight wise that weekend. Previously however we've only watched the fights on a CCTV feed in the mirage but I'd like to look into getting tickets this time round.

It's expected anytime now that Floyd Mayweather will announce a fight with Robert Guerrero on may 4th at MGM, has anyone had any success with these before? Do they sell direct from the garden arena or through a 3rd party?

Any help would be great thanks in advance.
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 19, 2013, 06:15:28 PM »

right hoping to do a blog/diary when i go to vegas but dont want a huge phone bill when i get back lol
so what the wi-fi like in the poker rooms is it any gud
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #806 on: February 19, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »

right hoping to do a blog/diary when i go to vegas but dont want a huge phone bill when i get back lol

Venetian poker room has free wi-fi - dunno about the rest.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 19, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »

Varies wildly from cardroom to cardroom. Some have excellent WiFi; some just seem to pretend. Trial and error, I'm afraid. Aria I seem to remember is excellent.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 19, 2013, 06:36:19 PM »

Can anyone give me any tips on booking boxing tickets please. There's a group of 8 going for a week on may 2nd, it's my 4th trip and the 3rd time I have been at this time of year because there's usually something on fight wise that weekend. Previously however we've only watched the fights on a CCTV feed in the mirage but I'd like to look into getting tickets this time round.

It's expected anytime now that Floyd Mayweather will announce a fight with Robert Guerrero on may 4th at MGM, has anyone had any success with these before? Do they sell direct from the garden arena or through a 3rd party?

Any help would be great thanks in advance.

I got my tickets for UFC 148 from Ticketmaster, they sent me a code when I bought them and then I had to pick them up at the arena on the day.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 19, 2013, 06:41:22 PM »

The reports I've done the last 3 trips, I have just written them in the room when I'm chilling out. That's ok when you're staying at Wynn/Palazzo because you get internet for the resort fee.

You can buy yourself a dongle from the Fashion Show Mall, that should set you back about £50 and will last you the duration of the trip, alternatively you could pay the wifi at your hotel on the days you want to update?

Regarding the phone, just make sure you turn data roaming off and you're good to go Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: