blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:51:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 956648 times)
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: May 13, 2013, 09:04:43 AM »

could someone post a story (true lol) of a trip to vegas that went wrong to to heavy gambling i.e outside of poker like slots,roulette etc . i love a tickle now and then and fear when i go i might get sucked up. i just want to play poker Wink hearing a sick story how someone spewed away like 20k+ on a starting budget of around 5k mind u.

it will make my eyes water and keep my focused 

I have not seen any degen stories out here ( if someone know, please can you post the link,I might have missed it) But true degen stories are out there at in 2+2, funny, scary sh*ts... I would say dont read them all before your trip to Vegas, I am sure some of them might spoil your mood completely, lol Smiley
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 13, 2013, 09:27:32 AM »

If you are worried in any way about control, like a trip to the races or a cash game or whatever, be sensible with your budget and have two separate pots:

One is your holiday roll - food, drink, taxis, buses, nights out, shopping, open-minded ladies/gentlemen/not quite sures, shooting ranges, helicopter rides - and the other is your gambling roll.

At no time should these mix. This ensures you can get home if something bad happens on the little wheel. It also ensures, should you spend less on incidentals than you expected, you can finish with a blooming good night or three.

It is a holiday, not a business trip.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 13, 2013, 09:32:49 AM »

If you are worried in any way about control, like a trip to the races or a cash game or whatever, be sensible with your budget and have two separate pots:

One is your holiday roll - food, drink, taxis, buses, nights out, shopping, open-minded ladies/gentlemen/not quite sures, shooting ranges, helicopter rides - and the other is your gambling roll.

At no time should these mix. This ensures you can get home if something bad happens on the little wheel. It also ensures, should you spend less on incidentals than you expected, you can finish with a blooming good night or three.

Great in theory Cheesy

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 13, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »

2008 or 2009 me n Ivor went as usual for a week /10 nights  last day there we are both 10k down playing everything comps cash dice roulette last day we both enter Venetian deepstack first hand I raise ak win second hand king queen suited raise Kevin oleary call flop king queen 9 I bet he raise I'm all in he calk obv has ten jack I'm out second hand Ffs
Play 2/5 cash 500$ up to 3500$ by 8pm , by which time I'm tired after a week /10 days there ,Ivor's outta the deep stack in the evening comp which he's fin 3/4 th in before ,I play 1/2 Omaha 300$ up to 3000$ , he busts the comp we go back to bellagio 200$ each up to 2000$ each on roulette , he leaves to play dice , I spin down to 1200$ put 100$ on 6 (. Daughters birthday ) 100$ on black , determined to walk with the 1k chip weee 6 comes in nearly 4 k $ deceide to pack up got all money back for the week

More to follow
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 13, 2013, 10:13:53 AM »

Great in theory Cheesy

The alternative is to withdraw some money from your bank in the UK and put it somewhere safe at home Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 13, 2013, 10:19:09 AM »

Great in theory Cheesy

The alternative is to withdraw some money from your bank in the UK and put it somewhere safe at home Cheesy

Now that works, but to be totally safe all cards have to be cut up before you leave!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 13, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »

In all seriousness, if something like that is THAT realisticw a concern, Las Vegas is the single worst place to go. Not only is losing a lot of money very easy, it is also (I imagine) just about the most fun place to do so.

Unless you have some very basic level of control (even in the form of someone you're going with!), I'd encourage you to think deeply about whether going is a good idea.

The only way to guarantee enjoying it is not to think about hat you might win but about what you will do; if a result comes along the way, all the better.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 13, 2013, 10:28:51 AM »

I sound reaaaaaaaalllly boring...

...which is about right.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 13, 2013, 10:51:34 AM »

I go out every year with the expectation to come back with nada, but hopefully without knocking in too much above the cash I have taken. I even managed to leave with more money on 2/6 trips, so that's a touch for me Grin

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 13, 2013, 11:16:16 AM »

could someone post a story (true lol) of a trip to vegas that went wrong to to heavy gambling i.e outside of poker like slots,roulette etc . i love a tickle now and then and fear when i go i might get sucked up. i just want to play poker Wink hearing a sick story how someone spewed away like 20k+ on a starting budget of around 5k mind u.

it will make my eyes water and keep my focused  

My first trip was in 2003, I didn't really play poker - it was all limit with double kills and I was bought up on stud....I was so excited. We had planned it in the pub after work in a Friday night, suggested to my best mate Geordie Neil and his gf it would be fun. They were a great couple and never felt like a couple; he's not really a gambler so I thought it would be good to go with them. We pre booked 2 nights in MGM then plan was to change hotel and see another.

I took $2k cash, $5k travellers checks - idea being I had $1k a day in checks and the $2k to fritter.

First night I played blackjack, sat down at about 10pm after dinner with the $2k. Well, I had the weirdest night at blackjack ever. Started paying like $50 a box, managed to spin to about $4-5k increasing stakes, then proceeded to play until 7am, never more than $3k up, never bust....but my average hand was around $200-250. I was getting free ciggies, thinking I was billy big bollocks.  At end of night I got a host card, Melissa and next day we extended stay and I didn't have to pay a penny, was in heaven. Ended night 1k up, and with cheques in safe.

Next night, had a nice meal - show and made way to blackjack table.  Neil went to bed at 1am, I was about 1k down. But for some bizarre reason, thought I had to maintain my $200 average in my head.  Long story short, by 5 am I had lost all the cash, been to my room safe three times, cashed all cheques and spent my last $500 from UK account and max withdrawal from machine on two credit cards. I was suicidle, it just got me. I'd played blackjack, gambled obv - never quite gripped me like that and probably why now despite being able to have a blow out with the best of them, I am pretty disciplined when it comes to Vegas - as in I do have pots of money and stick to it...I prefer to keep a poker roll and a non poker roll....food, drink, strippers and recreational punting all mixed up in the non poker pot; I mean if I I have a massive blow out sacrificing food is the least I can do eh?

Anyway, it was painful. Me and Neil always joke about the next day, we were in pool and I said "Office" and called him away from Kelly. It was so embarrassing, were here for three more days, $8k went last night. At time that was 2.5 months take home. I was like some kid who should be at GA getting meal tickets and drinks budgets from Neil with a daily allowance, so sad. Still had a great time.

Anyway, no major story - just me, a blackjack table, an ego and getting sucked into Vegas and first two nights.  I have many more degen stories since, but they're fun....never at risk of whole trip.  Best one is Skalies crap syndicate in 2011 where me, skalie, Sudsy for Laddies and John put in I think $500 each, down to last $200, I rolled for about 13 mins to get us going then the legend Skalie just went on a ridiculous roll...we left with $18k and last 7 and out cost us about $6k from memory. Me and Nigel called it a night, Skalie and John pressed on, got more pissed and ended up at Rio at 8am buying into main with winnings. Great night, only $500 at risk.

Happy days tho.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 13, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »

Think I first went in 2003 when n my mate dick had both split up from the mrs ,didn't play poker then ( still don't know if I do now haha ) staying at the Luxor , eek , dump IMO , out first night walked down to Caesars oohin n aahing at it all had a go on the roller coaster at 4 am ,thinking balla we are ! Get in buffet q for breakfast start playin blackjack fk the q we go on a bit of a heater win I can't remember how much 500/600$ each think weee balla we are , book helicopter trip to canyon , go out more black jack n Caribbean stud or some similar table game win a bit end up in cheetahs lap dancing club  20$ a dance 60$ for a bit more or 100$ for a hand job in a booth we did all 3 , then did the same routine for the next 5 days , think we also ended up in the girls of glitter gulch downtown as well absolutely loved it all  hooked on Vegas holidays
Even tho we didn't know what we were doing really we managed our money well spun it up spent it on strippers and had a good time  best spin up was 2010
mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 14, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »

Like the thought of spinning up $$$$ on roulette and blackjack, but im the sort of person who has little self control and would chase the money if I were losing!!! so I would need to keep focused in vegas and concentrate on the poker and having a good time!
Every visit to dtd I do a grand on the devils wheel - so vegas is a gamblers heaven and possibly hell!!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 14, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »

Like the thought of spinning up $$$$ on roulette and blackjack, but im the sort of person who has little self control and would chase the money if I were losing!!! so I would need to keep focused in vegas and concentrate on the poker and having a good time!
Every visit to dtd I do a grand on the devils wheel - so vegas is a gamblers heaven and possibly hell!!

Could be a rollercoaster then Cheesy

mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 14, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »

got a feeling its gonna be a mad one for sure!!! talking about rollercoasters I been told there is one in vegas?? where is it cause im definitely taking a ride!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Paulie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1169 on: May 14, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »

got a feeling its gonna be a mad one for sure!!! talking about rollercoasters I been told there is one in vegas?? where is it cause im definitely taking a ride!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NYNY: http://www.newyorknewyork.com/attractions/the-roller-coaster.aspx

Wait...what!?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: