blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:59:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957352 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: December 28, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »

Im looking to go late feb, Excalibur seems pretty cheap, any good?

It is an utter shithole, even the newer widescreen rooms are among the worst on the strip.

Hotel also attracts a rough crowd due it's price
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 28, 2013, 10:03:31 PM »

I've stayed twice last time 2010 rooms were just about ok ,mcdonalds upstairs ,good steak house too , loads kids about pretty tatty / scruffy place  there's better mate
Couple cash tables I did win the bad beat jackpot flopped quads 44 flop 494 guy with 99 turned a 9 it was 2700$ and an itin number tho Smiley
donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 28, 2013, 11:55:49 PM »

Thanks a lot for the replies! Me and one other looking to go 24th feb to 3rd march, flying direct from Gatwick. 22 and 21, not too worried about a bit of walking with the location etc. Would be ideal if could get flights + hotel for 700 or less.  I went for my 21st last year staying in the flamingo which was decent enough for a base, costing about 680. Cheers
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 29, 2013, 12:11:58 AM »

Can get 24th-3rd with Virgin and staying at Planet Hollywood for £660 a piece on Ebookers (same package is 690 on Expedia)

Flights alone are £570 with Virgin, so you're getting a week at PH for under £100pp.

You do have the resort fee to pay when you're there ($140), but I think you can ask for this to be taken off if you don't want to use internet etc.

donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 29, 2013, 12:26:01 AM »

Can get 24th-3rd with Virgin and staying at Planet Hollywood for £660 a piece on Ebookers (same package is 690 on Expedia)

Flights alone are £570 with Virgin, so you're getting a week at PH for under £100pp.

You do have the resort fee to pay when you're there ($140), but I think you can ask for this to be taken off if you don't want to use internet etc.
Nice one £660 for planet Hollywood looks like what il be going for. Remember it being decent  in there if I'm not mistaken!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:28:52 AM by donttiltboy » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 29, 2013, 12:37:29 AM »

Nice one £660 for planet Hollywood looks like what il be going for. Remember it being decent  in there if I'm not mistaken!

Yeah, I stayed there a couple years ago and really liked it. Decent rooms, walk in showers are always nice and lots of good food options.

Can't go wrong with the pleasure pit either Smiley

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 29, 2013, 07:17:48 AM »

Go through a 3rd party referral site such as quidco and you will get at least £80 in cashback
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 29, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »

With Vegas 2014 beginning to hove into view, this thread will get increasingly busy & active, & you'll see Marky & Simon continuing to be endlessly patient & helpful, as they have been for years now.

Respect to them both, they do a tremendous job, & must have saved the blondes thousands of pounds, & enhanced the enjoyment of so many on their Vegas trips. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 29, 2013, 11:22:40 AM »

Thanks Tony, although I have to say Marky is in charge of the Patience Dept nowadays Smiley

That last deal that he just plucked out was a corker.  As a rule of thumb, Vegas flights are ~ £700 so PH-ish hotel thrown in for a grand total is decent... £660 is incredible.

Everyone's findings/trip reports are a very integral part of the thread too.  People often tip up websites that I hadn't previously known of (let's face it, there are unlimited numbers of 3rd party websites for travel) or discover something interesting worth checking out next time.

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 29, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »

What are the best 3rd party sites out there?

Is it a case of purely best price, or do you tend to stick with tried and tested companies.....I'm leaning towards sticking to Expedia/Ebookers when I book, but will certainly ask nicely for a little help from our 2 heroes in this thread when it's time.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 29, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

There are hundreds... and taking an hour to wade through plenty of them will probably find you a cheaper deal, and probably by more than your hourly earn would have been, so worth doing.  It all depends which site has the right deal at the right time.

First of all, discount codes.  Sign up to smartervegas.com and get some decent discount offers emailed to you.  There are other promo code sites, I don't have any experience of using them.  Sometimes on here, you will get 10 different codes for say TreasureIsland.  Most will be pretty similar, occasionally you get a real gem like 2:1 show tickets and a suite... that comes out even cheaper than a standard room, even if you skip the show.  No way of finding these quickly, you just have to wade thru them.

Skyscanner.net for anyone not going direct.

Hotwire, Priceline and any other bidding sites.  There is usually a ton of info on how to optimise these, they are pretty good for those that are flexible and in the case of hotwire, there are ways of identifying what hotel you are getting before booking.

Trivago and other hotel comparison websites

Orbitz (+Expedia/Ebookers and co) and will definitely throw in lowcostUSA here... I haven't used them (yet) but others have and reported no issues on here, and they have some very good deals.

Anyone doing ^^ that would likely have a pretty decent rate secured and it would be a decent challenge to beat it.  However, finding the same deal for £200 less, or finding the same priced deal that turns Ballys into Bellagio is always a possibility.

MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 29, 2013, 10:30:06 PM »

Looking @ The Orleans website

$373 7 Days for a Deluxe Queen Twin is good value for WSOP time

June / July . The rooms are good and it does have a big busy card room.

A bit out the way but there is a free shuttle to the strip.

Regards

M

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 29, 2013, 11:20:13 PM »

Regards

M

Do you pay resort fees for Orleans or downtown hotels?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 29, 2013, 11:26:52 PM »

Regards

M

Do you pay resort fees for Orleans or downtown hotels?

$9 a day for fitness Centre , In room Coffee , Wifi

Regards

M

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 29, 2013, 11:29:06 PM »

Regards

M

Might as well stay at the Gold Coast, so you can just hop over to the Rio. That is unless you like a bit of O8 action Smiley

@ Tal

The Golden Nugget now charges a $5  per day 'Fremont Street Experience' fee, but I don't think anywhere else downtown has caught on yet.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: