blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:34:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957460 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: December 30, 2013, 07:59:57 AM »

There are hundreds... and taking an hour to wade through plenty of them will probably find you a cheaper deal, and probably by more than your hourly earn would have been, so worth doing.  It all depends which site has the right deal at the right time.

First of all, discount codes.  Sign up to smartervegas.com and get some decent discount offers emailed to you.  There are other promo code sites, I don't have any experience of using them.  Sometimes on here, you will get 10 different codes for say TreasureIsland.  Most will be pretty similar, occasionally you get a real gem like 2:1 show tickets and a suite... that comes out even cheaper than a standard room, even if you skip the show.  No way of finding these quickly, you just have to wade thru them.

Skyscanner.net for anyone not going direct.

Hotwire, Priceline and any other bidding sites.  There is usually a ton of info on how to optimise these, they are pretty good for those that are flexible and in the case of hotwire, there are ways of identifying what hotel you are getting before booking.

Trivago and other hotel comparison websites

Orbitz (+Expedia/Ebookers and co) and will definitely throw in lowcostUSA here... I haven't used them (yet) but others have and reported no issues on here, and they have some very good deals.

Anyone doing ^^ that would likely have a pretty decent rate secured and it would be a decent challenge to beat it.  However, finding the same deal for £200 less, or finding the same priced deal that turns Ballys into Bellagio is always a possibility.

If you use a 3rd party site like expedia/ebookers etc  link to them through a cashback referral site like quidco/topcashback and they will give you upto 10% back in cashback.
calella

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 30, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »

@ Tal

The Golden Nugget now charges a $5  per day 'Fremont Street Experience' fee, but I don't think anywhere else downtown has caught on yet.
[/quote]

Mark

There are now a couple downtown who are charging a Resort Fee, Golden Gate and The D spring to mind.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 30, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »

Right you are, and a very large fee it is too at $20 a night with both!

The rooms are very cheap though, and it means a week at the Golden Gate is $220 before adding $160 for the resort fee.

The same week at the D is $300  before adding the $160, so still pretty decent for a week.

It seems a very backwards way of doing things if I'm honest, especially given the way people feel about 'added fee's.

I would think it would be easier to charge $40 a night and then give everything free. People would lap it up if they were told they had free internet, bottled water, access to gym etc.

On the VMB I've read soem people saying that they'll stop going to Vegas altogether once their hotel starts charging one... If being overcharged for stuff isn't your bag, then you're definitely in the wrong city Cheesy

calella

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 30, 2013, 05:14:21 PM »

The rooms are very cheap though, and it means a week at the Golden Gate is $220 before adding $160 for the resort fee.

The same week at the D is $300  before adding the $160, so still pretty decent for a week.

It seems a very backwards way of doing things if I'm honest, especially given the way people feel about 'added fee's.

I would think it would be easier to charge $40 a night and then give everything free. People would lap it up if they were told they had free internet, bottled water, access to gym etc.

On the VMB I've read soem people saying that they'll stop going to Vegas altogether once their hotel starts charging one... If being overcharged for stuff isn't your bag, then you're definitely in the wrong city Cheesy

Yep I agree mate, if you knew the full price beforehand then simple matter of booking the one that suits your needs/budget.

I'm looking at booking soon for next June but can't see anything that takes my fancy yet, cheapest i think is about £1100 which is a couple of ton more than i paid in June.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 30, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »

Yep I agree mate, if you knew the full price beforehand then simple matter of booking the one that suits your needs/budget.

I'm looking at booking soon for next June but can't see anything that takes my fancy yet, cheapest i think is about £1100 which is a couple of ton more than i paid in June.

You do know the full price, but they package it differently, and that irks some people... I'm not arsed, I just book where I want to stay and if they have a resort fee I pay it.

I posted the link to the tunnels for you on the forum  mate, that should do Wink

TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 31, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me for 100% sure, if my current passport issued JUNE 2006 is valid or not valid to travel to Vegas under ESTA? Its a machine readable one but not a bio metric one. The photo is "laminated" rather than a digital picture. Ive had contradicting answers. Thought I would ask here 1st before enquiring elsewhere.

Regards.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 31, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me for 100% sure, if my current passport issued JUNE 2006 is valid or not valid to travel to Vegas under ESTA? Its a machine readable one but not a bio metric one. The photo is "laminated" rather than a digital picture. Ive had contradicting answers. Thought I would ask here 1st before enquiring elsewhere.

Regards.

As long as it's got at least 6 months till expiry I believe it's fine
TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 31, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »

Hello,

Regards.

Yeah, it doesn't expire until 06/2016 but someone put doubts in my head. So tried reading up on ESTA site and that contradicts itself. So confused :/ I was hoping that someone on here had actually been over to the USA with a similar passport whilst ESTA had been in place.

Thanks Tony.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 31, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »

If your passport is in valid and in good condition, I can't see why there would be any problem with it, however, I'm no authority passports Cheesy

If you're unsure, just contact the authorities for a definitive answer, and they'll put your mind at rest.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 31, 2013, 09:02:15 PM »

Hello,

Regards.

Yeah, it doesn't expire until 06/2016 but someone put doubts in my head. So tried reading up on ESTA site and that contradicts itself. So confused :/ I was hoping that someone on here had actually been over to the USA with a similar passport whilst ESTA had been in place.

Thanks Tony.

mine expires 08/2015 and is ok and as long as you get your ESTA before hand its all pretty smooth getting in to USA

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 01, 2014, 08:17:23 AM »

Hello,

Regards.

Thanks Tony.

mine expires 08/2015 and is ok and as long as you get your ESTA before hand its all pretty smooth getting in to USA

Happy New Year everyone. Best wishes for 2014.

I applied for the ESTA online and everything went through without problems.

This is what Ive seen from the ESTA site that puts doubt into me.

What are the passport requirements for travel under the Visa Waiver Program?

Visa Waiver Program requirements are:

The passport must have a machine-readable zone on the biographic page.
    Issued on or after October 26, 2005 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must have a digital photo.
    Issued on or after October 26, 2006 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:20:27 AM by TopTen » Logged
donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 02, 2014, 08:10:51 PM »

Can get 24th-3rd with Virgin and staying at Planet Hollywood for £660 a piece on Ebookers (same package is 690 on Expedia)

Flights alone are £570 with Virgin, so you're getting a week at PH for under £100pp.

You do have the resort fee to pay when you're there ($140), but I think you can ask for this to be taken off if you don't want to use internet etc.

I wanna book this, but my mate im going with cant confirm till the 10th whether he can get it off work or not, is the price likely to change much if we wait? Im going either way so just a bit worried about leaving it for a week, cheers.
kano

View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 03, 2014, 02:21:49 AM »

Has anybody used LowCostUsa?

Got flights booked April 10th - 17th for a family holiday, opinions on the following

Aria - Deluxe room(King) - £580 includes all taxes & resort fee

Palazzo - Luxury suite(King) - £664 includes taxes, excludes resort fee
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 03, 2014, 05:43:58 AM »

Has anybody used LowCostUsa?

Got flights booked April 10th - 17th for a family holiday, opinions on the following

Aria - Deluxe room(King) - £580 includes all taxes & resort fee

Palazzo - Luxury suite(King) - £664 includes taxes, excludes resort fee

I used them last June didn't have any problems
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 03, 2014, 06:21:37 AM »

In 2010 the aria was 900$ for ten nights
This January they wanted 700$ for 4 nights so that's a good price mate
I've never stayed at palazzo but I'm told it's pretty good
Aria has a good pool area , the buffet is good ,card room has good choice of games ,drinks probably average 10/12$ each
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: