blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957546 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: January 03, 2014, 09:21:18 AM »

Can get 24th-3rd with Virgin and staying at Planet Hollywood for £660 a piece on Ebookers (same package is 690 on Expedia)

Flights alone are £570 with Virgin, so you're getting a week at PH for under £100pp.

You do have the resort fee to pay when you're there ($140), but I think you can ask for this to be taken off if you don't want to use internet etc.

I wanna book this, but my mate im going with cant confirm till the 10th whether he can get it off work or not, is the price likely to change much if we wait? Im going either way so just a bit worried about leaving it for a week, cheers.

I've just checked the price and it has gone down to £653pp for the same dates @ PHo, so that's a total of £1306 (With ~£100 to be paid in resort fees)

If you book it for yourself it comes out at £780 total.

The flights direct with Virgin are £570 on those dates, so you're effectively getting the room for £210 for the week.

Simplest thing would be to book your flight and hotel now for £780 and then you're sorted.

Normally you're looking at not much under £800 to get out to Vegas, so you're effectively getting to stay at a nice hotel for free!

It would only cost him about £150 more on top of what he would pay to share with you, so I would probably suggest that he booked his own package @ £780 if he comes out.

If you prefer to share, he can just book his flight direct with Virgin @ £570 and pay you the £105 + resort fees to share with you.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 03, 2014, 09:35:49 AM »

Has anybody used LowCostUsa?

Got flights booked April 10th - 17th for a family holiday, opinions on the following

Aria - Deluxe room(King) - £580 includes all taxes & resort fee

Palazzo - Luxury suite(King) - £664 includes taxes, excludes resort fee

Used them a couple times, and know that several members here use them most years.

I've not stayed at the Aria, but know many who have and like it.

Until this year, I've stayed at the Palazzo for at least part of my trip, and love the place.

If you ask at when you check in, you can get the resort fee removed, but that's only viable if you don't need internet/gym access etc.

You can't go wrong with either, but just from personal preference, I would pay the extra and stay at Palazzo.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 03, 2014, 09:38:43 AM »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me for 100% sure, if my current passport issued JUNE 2006 is valid or not valid to travel to Vegas under ESTA? Its a machine readable one but not a bio metric one. The photo is "laminated" rather than a digital picture. Ive had contradicting answers. Thought I would ask here 1st before enquiring elsewhere.

Regards.

As long as it's got at least 6 months till expiry I believe it's fine

Yeah, it doesn't expire until 06/2016 but someone put doubts in my head. So tried reading up on ESTA site and that contradicts itself. So confused :/ I was hoping that someone on here had actually been over to the USA with a similar passport whilst ESTA had been in place.

Thanks Tony.

mine expires 08/2015 and is ok and as long as you get your ESTA before hand its all pretty smooth getting in to USA

Happy New Year everyone. Best wishes for 2014.

I applied for the ESTA online and everything went through without problems.

This is what Ive seen from the ESTA site that puts doubt into me.

What are the passport requirements for travel under the Visa Waiver Program?

Visa Waiver Program requirements are:

The passport must have a machine-readable zone on the biographic page.
    Issued on or after October 26, 2005 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must have a digital photo.
    Issued on or after October 26, 2006 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.

Your passport falls into the first category, so I'm presuming you're ok, but I'm not an authority.

We can only say that we think you're fine, as many have. I think the best thing you can do is contact the authorities directly, and then your mind will be put at rest

HNY Smiley

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 03, 2014, 11:57:36 AM »

You can't go wrong with either, but just from personal preference, I would pay the extra and stay at Palazzo.

I would say let the deciding factor be the age-group of the family?  The younger some of the group, (as in <21) the more I'd lean towards Palazzo.  The pool area is MUCH better and there are more non-gambling things close at hand.  If you have a bunch of kids, I'm guessing what hours the nightclub opens won't really factor into your decision...

If everyone is 21+ then you either let price decide, or location of which end of the strip you want to be at.  They are both good quality hotels, that's for sure.

TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 03, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me for 100% sure, if my current passport issued JUNE 2006 is valid or not valid to travel to Vegas under ESTA? Its a machine readable one but not a bio metric one. The photo is "laminated" rather than a digital picture. Ive had contradicting answers. Thought I would ask here 1st before enquiring elsewhere.

Regards.

Yeah, it doesn't expire until 06/2016 but someone put doubts in my head. So tried reading up on ESTA site and that contradicts itself. So confused :/ I was hoping that someone on here had actually been over to the USA with a similar passport whilst ESTA had been in place.

Thanks Tony.

mine expires 08/2015 and is ok and as long as you get your ESTA before hand its all pretty smooth getting in to USA

Issued on or after October 26, 2005 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must have a digital photo.
    Issued on or after October 26, 2006 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.

Your passport falls into the first category, so I'm presuming you're ok, but I'm not an authority.

We can only say that we think you're fine, as many have. I think the best thing you can do is contact the authorities directly, and then your mind will be put at rest

HNY Smiley

It doesnt actually fall into the 1st catagory, the 1st catagory is for passports pre October 26 2005. Mine actually falls into the 2nd catagory and this is where the issue is because my passport doesn't have a digital photo.

Ive phoned the issuing authority on several occasions but cant get a definitive answer, just keep getting passed from 1 person to another or told to contact the US embassy, which I have and its just the same with them.

Im going to renew the passport just to be on the safe side but it pains me with having 2 1/2 years left on my current one.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:19:28 PM by TopTen » Logged
TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 03, 2014, 12:47:55 PM »

On a separate note.

Any suggestions on the cheapest way to get to Gatwick for the flight. I dont mind driving myself so its just the matter of parking. Any recommendations on the best/cheapest place to park for 11 nights.

Also,

Travel Insurance. Again, any suggestions or recommendations.

TYVM.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 03, 2014, 02:04:59 PM »

On a separate note.

Any suggestions on the cheapest way to get to Gatwick for the flight. I dont mind driving myself so its just the matter of parking. Any recommendations on the best/cheapest place to park for 11 nights.

Also,

TYVM.

I used Purple Parking the last time I drove to the airport, but that is definitely not the cheapest.

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/

Should be able to find a parking package to suit there

I have to get special travel insurance, so don't go through the normal sites available to the public.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-travel-insurance

Probably be able to sort yourself out from there.

Just had a look at Purple Parking for the dates I would be going this year, and you can get 'meet & greet' for about the same price as the budget transfer packages on the other site.

http://www.purpleparking.com

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:11:20 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 03, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »

I would say let the deciding factor be the age-group of the family?  The younger some of the group, (as in <21) the more I'd lean towards Palazzo.  The pool area is MUCH better and there are more non-gambling things close at hand.  If you have a bunch of kids, I'm guessing what hours the nightclub opens won't really factor into your decision...

If everyone is 21+ then you either let price decide, or location of which end of the strip you want to be at.  They are both good quality hotels, that's for sure.

Good point, I probably wouldn't want to be rocking up at Liquid with the kids (Unless they're >12 obv) Grin

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 03, 2014, 02:12:36 PM »

On a separate note.

Also,

TYVM.

Purple parking, as already posted is one. Just search online as there are multiple companies that do parking/transfer around Gatwick

Insurance - I personally find moneysupermarket cheapest

Re: passport and esta - You should be fine, my friend has an '05 passport and has never had any problems. Just apply for the esta to find out. They don't charge until it has been finalized as far as I can recall
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 03, 2014, 03:16:19 PM »

Hello,

Regards.

Thanks Tony.

HNY Smiley

I agree that it falls into the 1st catagory but going on the above dates it also falls into the 2nd catagory and this is where the issue is because my passport doesn't have a digital photo.

Ive phoned the issuing authority on several occasions but cant get a definitive answer, just keep getting passed from 1 person to another or told to contact the US embassy, which I have and its just the same with them.

Im going to renew the passport just to be on the safe side but it pains me with having 2 1/2 years left on my current one.

If your passport has 2.5 years to expiry and you have applied  for and been given an esta I'm sure you will be fine ,think you are worrying unnecessarily print your esta and take a copy with you but there's no need to show it ,if you have gone thro proper procedure you should be fine
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 03, 2014, 03:19:26 PM »

We've all agreed that he should be fine, but the guy is repeating his reasons for being unsure, and asking if we can 100% confirm that all is fine.

Just phone them mate, so it can be put to bed Wink

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 03, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »

On a separate note.

Also,

TYVM.
[/qu

Personally I always get a lift to bedford station then the 6 am thameslink train straight into gatwick  for 745 ish  ,it saves worrying about getting stuck on the m 25 ,
at that time of day 1 way is 30£ on the train line . Com
I have an annual insurance policy  
Rupert elder may explain the advantages !
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 03, 2014, 04:38:25 PM »

My passport is valid from march 05 to November 2016
I've been Vegas 2/3/4 times a year since 2005 flying mainly directly but indirectly I've flown via
Ohare Chicago
Fort Worth Dallas
La
San Fran
St. Paul's cinnicinatti
Never had a problem
I've been Miami 3 times Orlando 2/3 times also
The only problem I've had was admitting to taking more than 10 k$ in las year !my advice is if you have over that much to declare it and have bank withdrawal slips
I left in 2010 with 20k$ and returned a week later with it and got away with it
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 03, 2014, 05:37:40 PM »

Re travel insurance just make sure you are covered medically, north american hospital fees are extortinate especially if you do something serious.

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 03, 2014, 05:43:08 PM »

Has anybody used LowCostUsa?

Got flights booked April 10th - 17th for a family holiday, opinions on the following

Aria - Deluxe room(King) - £580 includes all taxes & resort fee

Palazzo - Luxury suite(King) - £664 includes taxes, excludes resort fee

I've used them 3 times now and have also booked Palazzo with them for next June.  Never had any problems with them at all.  Very competitive prices available most of the time.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:53:25 PM by MLHMLH » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: