blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:24:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957580 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: February 27, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »

Shame that nobody helped out with any info before you booked, would have been handy knowing some of those things  scared

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 27, 2014, 01:13:16 PM »

Shame that nobody helped out with any info before you booked, would have been handy knowing some of those things  scared

Ooohhhhh

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 27, 2014, 01:15:54 PM »

The reason I stayed there was because it was non gaming, so I did know Wink

Some people don't realise though, just that it was mentioned on here with regards to vdara. Would hardly say its "plush" though, palazzo rooms are very good!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 27, 2014, 01:20:25 PM »

The reason I stayed there was because it was non gaming, so I did know Wink

Some people don't realise though, just that it was mentioned on here with regards to vdara. Would hardly say its "plush" though, palazzo rooms are very good!

That whole City Center (not Centre, apparently Roll Eyes ) area has really nice, clean hotels. Just see what's on the other side of the road and you'll call where you are plush. Marble, lots of natural light, elegant and tasteful.

Vegas is all about taste, though; you have to choose what best reflects yours (within budget).

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 27, 2014, 03:04:07 PM »

Smiley

I like the Vdara for several reasons.  However, close proximity to the Venetian is not one of them!

I'd be interested to hear what service issues you've been experiencing though?

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 27, 2014, 04:47:06 PM »

I lol'd
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 27, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »

thread should charge for info

Though Aaron may be looking for a refund Smiley
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 27, 2014, 06:18:54 PM »

If we charged for info, I bet people would ask better questions  Grin

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 27, 2014, 07:48:33 PM »

Shame that nobody helped out with any info before you booked, would have been handy knowing some of those things  scared

Smiley

I like the Vdara for several reasons.  However, close proximity to the Venetian is not one of them!

I'd be interested to hear what service issues you've been experiencing though?

Same here. I based my recommendation on my stay there - couldn't have had a better stay. They were even able to sort out the cleaning and sorting out of Julie's wedding dress within a couple of hours without an issue.
donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 27, 2014, 09:52:54 PM »

Here atm. loving it again
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 28, 2014, 03:02:28 AM »

Must be a nightmare being a poker player in a plush hotel between Bellagio and Aria Roll Eyes

Cheesy

He should have booked the Jockey Club Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 28, 2014, 06:37:45 AM »

The issues I have are only small, but generally the room is ok & the staff are very nice.

I have an alarm clock that goes of at 5.30am, then again at 6.30am & its hardly ideal! Then the blinds open on there own a couple of hours later & it can be annoying to get a good sleep & the room is red hot & generally difficult for room to be pitch black!

However even the lowest ranked room is better than some top rooms in other hotels.

Probably me just moaning though!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 28, 2014, 07:41:32 AM »

Phone the front desk and explain the issues you're having, if they can't resolve them  you'll get a new room.

To be honest, those wouldn't really be small problems to me, because that's precisely the hours I would be wanting to sleep.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 28, 2014, 01:19:02 PM »

Simon, Mark,

Got this from Virgin, does it have any significant merit, please?

I've no idea what 7,000 or 10,000 "Bonus Miles" actually means.

Dear Anthony,

It’s so easy to turn your everyday shopping into Flying Club miles with the Virgin Atlantic White Credit Card Account. You’ll be rewarded with miles on everything you spend – so every time you’re filling up at the garage, enjoying a frothy latte or doing your weekly shop, you’ll be closer to earning a round trip reward flight to New York2.

Apply by 31 March and earn up to 10,000 bonus miles1   

As well as earning miles every time you shop, you’ll also earn:   

- 3,000 bonus miles1 on your first purchase with either card within 90 days of your account opening    

- a further 7,000 bonus miles1 when you spend a total of £1,000 within 90 days of your account opening and apply by 31 March 2014. With 10,000 bonus miles in your pocket, you could upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy on your next one way flight to New York, Dubai or Boston with us2   

- 0% for 6 months on balance transfers from the date your account is opened (2% handling fee).   

- No annual fee.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 28, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »

It is a credit card 

I think it has significant value for anyone that is going to Vegas every year.  How much value will depend pretty much on what current credit card you use (if any) and the kickbacks that card gives you.

I use the Virgin credit card, miles keep rolling in and you get other "stuff" like free cabin upgrade vouchers so I'm almost always flying on reward miles for "free" nowadays.

I don't know what the t's and c's are for the extra bonus they are offering, but 10k miles is worth about £150 roughly.  For anyone serious about taking out a Virgin credit card, I'd be grateful for the opportunity to refer you - as we both get bonus miles that way.  I will look into this particular promo and ofc if it is better than having me refer, then take the promo, if interested. 

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: