blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:29:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952674 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: September 09, 2015, 06:35:59 PM »

Ohhhh and sick brag, moved up the greasy pole in work recently and am now entitled to business class flights, I feel like I'm actually stealing from work with this side trip  dad dont dance

FAF, hilarious when I think about it, business class flights and there's me scouring for cheap arse hotels to stay in  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:37:55 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: September 09, 2015, 07:38:42 PM »

Ohhhh and sick brag, moved up the greasy pole in work recently and am now entitled to business class flights, I feel like I'm actually stealing from work with this side trip  dad dont dance

FAF, hilarious when I think about it, business class flights and there's me scouring for cheap arse hotels to stay in  

WAL!

FWIW, I just thought what a tight ***** Wink

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: September 09, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »

WAL!

lol your not far off the mark mate. Cus as you know I mostly holiday in Asia and get decent hotels there for rarely more than 30 quid, I find it hard parting with money for a lot more than that when I'm back in the real world 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: September 09, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »

WAL!

lol your not far off the mark mate. Cus as you know I mostly holiday in Asia and get decent hotels there for rarely more than 30 quid, I find it hard parting with money for a lot more than that when I'm back in the real world 

Ha, you must only eat at McDonalds when you're in Vegas then...

I used to base it off where I want to stay, and if it's not ridiculous, I'm good to go. Now I always stay at the Nugget, so it's just a case of which tower I'm going to stay in.

If I'm travelling halfway around the world, I'm not going to see myself off over the price of a 3 course meal Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: September 09, 2015, 11:56:19 PM »

Think last time I cancelled/changed I got charged £30.  If I'm better than a 10/1 shot to be going, that seems a fair priced option to take, rather than a late-in-the-day full priced fare.

Either way, here's hoping for a good health double and I'll see you out there Smiley

All things considered, if you two both do Vegas next year, that'd be a real result. Fingers crossed for you both.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: September 10, 2015, 12:37:06 AM »

Great timing for me with the reward sale, we're off to the States next year again.  Rather unfortunately though, flights seem to be sold out already!  Going from the 4th - 19th Aug so I can't book yet but was hoping to fly into SF, nothing there but LV is an option and those flights are reducing - there was loads in all classes last week (using dates we could fly on) but they're selling out.  Fingers crossed there is something left in ten days!  Was hoping to fly Premium Economy but I'll be luck to get normal.

Bloody school holidays!  Still it will be nice to get us all out for just over 100k miles.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: September 10, 2015, 12:49:43 AM »

Good stuff, and hopefully you can find something that fits before they go.

Think last time I cancelled/changed I got charged £30.  If I'm better than a 10/1 shot to be going, that seems a fair priced option to take, rather than a late-in-the-day full priced fare.

Either way, here's hoping for a good health double and I'll see you out there Smiley

All things considered, if you two both do Vegas next year, that'd be a real result. Fingers crossed for you both.

Ha, cheers Tony.

It will be a big result for the barstaff at the Nugget Grin

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: September 10, 2015, 10:01:51 AM »

Thanks Tony ~ that's the plan for sure.  I can feel a Claudes + V&A coming along

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: September 10, 2015, 02:39:38 PM »

Thanks Tony ~ that's the plan for sure.  I can feel a Claudes + V&A coming along

Booked!

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: September 14, 2015, 11:25:34 AM »

Not a Vegas question really and it's a silly question but I'll ask anyway.  Virgin Atlantic related

I'd ideally like to fly to San Francisco but the flight aren't there, even when the day is released there's just nothing there (this is using miles btw)  Today, the flight for the 15th August 2016 is open and there's only upper class flying out available.

I know it's probably a case of it's peak period and they don't really want air miles customers but I have to ask, is it somehow possible to book the flight out as soon as it's available and then in two weeks when the return flight would is available, call again and book the return part?   I guess not and it has to be booked all at the same time but I thought I'd ask.   I may just call them later and see what the score is.  I'm trying to avoid flying to Vegas in order to drive to San Francisco.  LA is unavailable too.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: September 14, 2015, 03:02:59 PM »

Graham, I can't help you, but I've asked questions before on the Virgin Atlantic forum, and they are also pretty good at answering questions.

V-flyer.com
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: September 14, 2015, 03:13:45 PM »

Ah, didn't realise there was a forum, thank you Smiley

RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: September 14, 2015, 10:07:43 PM »

Last time I went to Vegas was in 2008 and stayed in the Bellagio which I enjoyed very much.

Im thinking of going again either this year with my good lady but as she is a teacher we can only travel during school holidays which sees a price increase.

We are looking to travel around the 23rd October for 7/8 days and trying to fathom out best hotels at least equal to the Bellagio and most reasonable priced flights.

The advice from seasoned regulars such as Simon, Marky and others will be much appreciated.

The best priced flights we have found seem to be in the £550 economy bracket for a one stop flight and time taken about 14/15 hours via Zurich with SwissAir.

Any other suggestions on air travel and hotels.

Cheers
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: September 14, 2015, 10:17:55 PM »

I have found that timing is everything with the School hols and Vegas. For this year, it's too close to get a good price for Oct half term. I usually book around April time for Oct/Nov, as Virgin have a sale around then.

In years gone by, when I would book a 1 stop flight. Found that 4-6 weeks could always get decent flight/hotel packages on ebookers/expedia etc. Not booked a 1 stop for years though so unsure if that still the case.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: September 14, 2015, 10:19:29 PM »

Last time I went to Vegas was in 2008 and stayed in the Bellagio which I enjoyed very much.

Im thinking of going again either this year with my good lady but as she is a teacher we can only travel during school holidays which sees a price increase.

We are looking to travel around the 23rd October for 7/8 days and trying to fathom out best hotels at least equal to the Bellagio and most reasonable priced flights.

The advice from seasoned regulars such as Simon, Marky and others will be much appreciated.

The best priced flights we have found seem to be in the £550 economy bracket for a one stop flight and time taken about 14/15 hours via Zurich with SwissAir.

Any other suggestions on air travel and hotels.

Cheers

If you can book before the 22nd of this month, you can get Virgin flights for ~£544

Unless there is nothing in that sale window.

Looks like a non-existent sale that week Cheesy

Will have a look later on tonight for you, and see if there are any really good hotel deals.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:31:34 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: