blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:46:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957543 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3960 on: July 26, 2016, 05:44:21 PM »

so looking to go to Vegas again around the end off April 2017 for 10/11 night where best to get price from please

The same sites you used last time are probably a good place to start Wink

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: July 28, 2016, 12:16:44 AM »

Expedia currently have some decent stuff for what should/will coincide with the start of the WSOP next year; return Manchester flights (indirect but decent single stop overs, out via Philadelphia or Chicago on AA and back on BA via London) and 14 nights at the following hotels for....

MGM £1018
Monte Carlo £895
Excalibur £665
New York New York £888
Aria £1362
Wynn £1550
Mirage £1062
Hooters Wink for £613

All per person based on 2 sharing, from 30th May to 13th June. The flights alone are 500 quid so to get a fortnight in somewhere like NYNY for under £400 seems pretty decent to me. I think I could manage 2 weeks in the Wynn, it would be hard but I'd struggle on Smiley

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: July 28, 2016, 12:34:59 AM »

Help please!

Do British Airways include the hotel resort fees in their prices if you book the flight + hotel option? A load of slightly outdated posts on TripAdvisor say this is the case, and I'm sure when we went last year through BA we didn't pay a RF at Monte Carlo, though my memory isn't great. Can anyone confirm?

We're looking at a 10 night option at Excalibur (I know, but its cheap Wink ), Expedia is £150 cheaper than BA website but they want the full amount up front, whereas can secure on BA with just a deposit and obv if this includes the RF it works out cheaper as well...

Any guidance appreciated!

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: July 28, 2016, 07:23:49 AM »

Help please!

Do British Airways include the hotel resort fees in their prices if you book the flight + hotel option? A load of slightly outdated posts on TripAdvisor say this is the case, and I'm sure when we went last year through BA we didn't pay a RF at Monte Carlo, though my memory isn't great. Can anyone confirm?

We're looking at a 10 night option at Excalibur (I know, but its cheap Wink ), Expedia is £150 cheaper than BA website but they want the full amount up front, whereas can secure on BA with just a deposit and obv if this includes the RF it works out cheaper as well...

You will def have to pay resort fee if you book through Expedia. I booked through BA about 4 years ago and that included RF, but lots of companies have changed their policy on it now. You will just have to check the T's and C's.

As for the prices, for £20 a night, you'll save the difference in cab fares and dignity in Monte Carlo over Excalibur. It's only 2 hotels down but it's a long walk.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: July 28, 2016, 09:50:14 AM »

I heard they are knocking the resort fee at the Monte Carlo on the head ?
At the same time they knock the Monte Carlo on the head ,it's scheduled for demolition isn't it ?
No idea of time scales !
You could stay at the Excalibur ??
But why would you if your non Mexican n over ten years old - last time I was there - being a cheap mofo - it was full of screaming Mexicans n their kids
Try the Linq / Ballys if you want lo budget !
Would be my suggestion mid strip shuttle bus to rio blah blah blah
Would you still go if the $$ is 1.30 Huh?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: July 28, 2016, 11:44:10 AM »

Help please!

You will def have to pay resort fee if you book through Expedia. I booked through BA about 4 years ago and that included RF, but lots of companies have changed their policy on it now. You will just have to check the T's and C's.

As for the prices, for £20 a night, you'll save the difference in cab fares and dignity in Monte Carlo over Excalibur. It's only 2 hotels down but it's a long walk.

Yeah Expedia is very clear on the amount still owed at the hotel, BA says there is a compulsory resort fee but it also said that in our hotel voucher for Monte Carlo last year and we weren't charged one. Think I'm just gonna have to fire them an email as its really not clear what the crack is.

I've been put up in Excalibur before, and yeah its far from plush but we're really not fussed. Most of our poker will be at Aria, Planet Hollywood, Flamingo, Monte Carlo, MGM, Luxor and Excalibur, basically where all the good cash games are Wink so not gonna be needing cabs. I'm a fit Yorkshireman and can walk anywhere......

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: July 28, 2016, 11:46:50 AM »

I heard they are knocking the resort fee at the Monte Carlo on the head ?
At the same time they knock the Monte Carlo on the head ,it's scheduled for demolition isn't it ?
No idea of time scales !
You could stay at the Excalibur ??
But why would you if your non Mexican n over ten years old - last time I was there - being a cheap mofo - it was full of screaming Mexicans n their kids
Try the Linq / Ballys if you want lo budget !
Would be my suggestion mid strip shuttle bus to rio blah blah blah
Would you still go if the $$ is 1.30 Huh?

Yeah the exchange rate is the concern, hoping it picks up a bit by the end of the year and into 2017. A gamble we're gonna have to take I guess. Which is partly why we just wanna get the cheapest deal possible and Excalibur, although a bit run down, ticks the boxes of what we need. I've stayed there 1 night before and it was fine, expectations weren't high Smiley

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: August 02, 2016, 08:44:07 PM »

Very cheap direct returns from Manchester.

http://www.holidaypirates.com/flights/virgin-atlantic-direct-flights-to-las-vegas-just-gbp-323-return_20559

Best Bitter.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: August 02, 2016, 10:17:05 PM »

Looking for general flight booking strat from the gurus, I'm going to a wedding in Toronto next August, what time of year should I be looking to book to get the best deal? As soon as they are released or hold off for sales, offers etc.

Cheers Smiley

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: August 02, 2016, 10:45:31 PM »

Looking for general flight booking strat from the gurus, I'm going to a wedding in Toronto next August, what time of year should I be looking to book to get the best deal? As soon as they are released or hold off for sales, offers etc.

Cheers Smiley

I'd certainly be looking as soon as the flights are released around September. Air Transat do cheap returns from Manchester and Gatwick. WestJet also an option along with BA/CA etc.

I think if you can get a decent deal early doors then lock it up and avoid having to gamble on sale fares. Having said that, BA usually do a decent sale in November so if you've not seen anything worthwhile before then.....

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: August 03, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »

I always book mine as soon as I get a price that I think is decent, and then I don't have to think about it again, until it's time to pack Smiley

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: August 04, 2016, 12:33:55 AM »

Cheers guys, can't look for exact dates yet 'cos the flights aren't released but £600 return is available for July. I guess August will be more since its school holidays but thats a fair bit better than the £1200 that BA wanted!

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: August 05, 2016, 06:53:53 PM »

Can anyone remember when Virgin Atlantic tend to have their Reward Seat Sales and also their extra mile sales (when they add 25% to miles purchased and miles booster purchases)? Thanks in advance.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3973 on: August 05, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »

reward seat sale,miles booster and buy miles, 20% bonus and all that shizzle now on.  Don't moan later that you are a few miles short Smiley

Seems it was Sept 9 last year Michelle.
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: August 05, 2016, 07:50:09 PM »

reward seat sale,miles booster and buy miles, 20% bonus and all that shizzle now on.  Don't moan later that you are a few miles short Smiley

Seems it was Sept 9 last year Michelle.

Great thanks
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: