blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:58:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952191 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4950 on: January 18, 2019, 06:52:23 PM »

WSOP has added more events.  It looks like it is just the 10k events this time.   10k plo8 is Friday June 28th Tikay.   It would be good if they put up the 1.5k events by the end of Jan.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: January 18, 2019, 07:09:21 PM »

WSOP has added more events.  It looks like it is just the 10k events this time.   10k plo8 is Friday June 28th Tikay.   It would be good if they put up the 1.5k events by the end of Jan.   

Get Tikay in that $10k!

I might play the Mini-Main, as 30m levels is right up my street now I'm an uber whale.

Have booked Vdara for my last 10 days, as Aria was showing $320 a night for the 7th/8th/9th July  Shocked

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4952 on: January 18, 2019, 08:32:14 PM »

Get Tikay in that $10k!

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: January 23, 2019, 06:48:40 PM »

WSOP have just released this:

Bracelet Winners No-Limit Hold’em & 34 Additional Events Confirmed

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 06:50:34 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: January 23, 2019, 07:03:17 PM »

Get that staking thread up  thumbs up

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: January 23, 2019, 11:31:08 PM »

OMG, almost perfect if they didn't drag them out to 4 days.

Tue, Jun 25th
3:00 PM
3 Days
$1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha 8 or Better

Thu, Jun 27th
4 Days
$1,500 Omaha Mix

Fri, Jun 28th
4 Days
$10,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: January 24, 2019, 12:00:04 AM »

I never worry about Day 4 Grin

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: January 24, 2019, 12:28:42 AM »

Apparently you can buyin to the main at the start of Day 2, no need to bother with Day 1. Cheapens the ME IMO.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: January 24, 2019, 06:55:39 AM »

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/01/24/virgin-atlantic-economy-delight-cheap-upgrade/

Upgrade to Economy Delight on Virgin Atlantic for just £30

Starting today, and running until Saturday, Virgin Atlantic is offering upgrades from Economy Classic to Economy Delight for just £30 each way.

This is an EXCEPTIONALLY good deal and you’d be mad to turn it down.  There are two good reasons – one relating to comfort and one relating to miles.
First up is comfort.  Here is the difference between Economy Classic and Economy Delight:

Economy Classic:  Standard Economy fare with the ability to pre-select seats and with checked luggage included, can be upgraded to Premium Economy with miles

Economy Delight: Extra legroom (34″ pitch), free seat selection at any time, priority check-in and priority boarding, can be upgraded to Premium Economy with miles

So …. for £30 you are getting extra three inches of legroom, free seat selection from time of booking, priority check-in and priority boarding.  This is clearly worth doing.

And that’s before we get to reason two to upgrade – more miles.
Economy Classic:  earns 50% of miles flown plus 25 tier points each-way
Economy Delight:  earns 150% of miles flown plus 50 tier points each-way

This makes the £30 deal a no-brainer.  Flying to San Francisco, for example, you’d earn an extra 5,350 Virgin Flying Club miles (which I’d value at £53.50) each way.

We reviewed Economy Delight last year on a flight to New York which you can read here.

This page of the Virgin Atlantic site shows you the differences between the fare classes.

The Virgin Atlantic booking page is here.  Hopefully the offer is live first thing – there is always a risk when you write about something based on a promise from the marketing team …..!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: January 24, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/01/24/virgin-atlantic-economy-delight-cheap-upgrade/

Upgrade to Economy Delight on Virgin Atlantic for just £30

Starting today, and running until Saturday, Virgin Atlantic is offering upgrades from Economy Classic to Economy Delight for just £30 each way.

This is an EXCEPTIONALLY good deal and you’d be mad to turn it down.  There are two good reasons – one relating to comfort and one relating to miles.
First up is comfort.  Here is the difference between Economy Classic and Economy Delight:

Economy Classic:  Standard Economy fare with the ability to pre-select seats and with checked luggage included, can be upgraded to Premium Economy with miles

Economy Delight: Extra legroom (34″ pitch), free seat selection at any time, priority check-in and priority boarding, can be upgraded to Premium Economy with miles

So …. for £30 you are getting extra three inches of legroom, free seat selection from time of booking, priority check-in and priority boarding.  This is clearly worth doing.

And that’s before we get to reason two to upgrade – more miles.
Economy Classic:  earns 50% of miles flown plus 25 tier points each-way
Economy Delight:  earns 150% of miles flown plus 50 tier points each-way

This makes the £30 deal a no-brainer.  Flying to San Francisco, for example, you’d earn an extra 5,350 Virgin Flying Club miles (which I’d value at £53.50) each way.

We reviewed Economy Delight last year on a flight to New York which you can read here.

This page of the Virgin Atlantic site shows you the differences between the fare classes.

The Virgin Atlantic booking page is here.  Hopefully the offer is live first thing – there is always a risk when you write about something based on a promise from the marketing team …..!

Thanks for posting, but do I have to purchase economy classic first to see the offer? 

Has anyone flown economy delight and can give a view on how good it is?  Even if I don't get the offer it seems like it could be worth the extra.   I think it is about £80 each way vs £250 each way for premium economy.   BA has cheaper premium economy seats, but they look a bit meh in reviews and it seems they charge extra to choose a seat, so. the saving probably isn't that great.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: January 24, 2019, 09:51:32 AM »

Don't forget that Virgin Atlantic will no longer be flying Gatwick - Vegas, am pretty sure their Vegas flights will relocating to Heathrow by the time the WSOP starts.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: January 24, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »

Thanks for posting, but do I have to purchase economy classic first to see the offer? 

Just done a test booking for Classic on a random date in March. LGW-LAS return is £880 and I'm being offered an upgrade to Delight for £60.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: January 24, 2019, 10:30:39 AM »

Just done a test booking for Classic on a random date in March. LGW-LAS return is £880 and I'm being offered an upgrade to Delight for £60.

Cheers

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: January 24, 2019, 11:13:51 AM »

If you are Silver or above with BA you get to choose your seat from booking. Bronze you get 7 days before flights, but you can pretty much guarantee the good ones are gone.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Juice_josh
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: January 24, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »

What’s Vegas like at the beginning of December? I found a 7night trip, direct flights - Planet Hollywood. £500ish.. been twice before, June & November, both times at Planet Hollywood. Didn’t want to book it as I’m going with a friend who has never been before and don’t want it to be like a ghost town.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: