blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952385 times)
Tutcher
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: September 01, 2021, 04:36:17 PM »

Hi all as a regular Vegas visitor for over 25 years and now am not allowed to travel to USA due to Bidens tourist restrictions  can you explain to me how Rob Bryden comedian ** could travel to LA using his air miles last week with no trouble at all or is travel to USA only for VIP/ stars and not for the likes of us poor poker people.
Ps. This is my first post and I am so angry about these restrictions since since Covid again for us and not stary people  grrr. Tutcher
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: September 01, 2021, 05:14:17 PM »

My 7th trip in the last 18m is about to be cancelled next week, and while I'm frustrated, it's not something I'm that pissy about. Just have to have a bit of perspective, as there are millions worse off than us, who just can't get to go on holiday.

Brydon might have been going to the US in a professional capacity?

If you've got the means, it's still possible to get there. You just have to 'launder' yourself in a country before entering the US.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: September 02, 2021, 07:42:36 AM »

I rung virgin last night 1 hr 20 mins of listening to some new muzak till they answered
Our flight sept 26 th will be cancelled by them next Wednesday- they are currently dealing with flights up to September 21 st
We will be emailed about it the following Saturday Sunday
So I asked about moving it before they cancel it ?
 It’s a £30 fee there are no upper class  miles  seats available at the moment  so it’s best to wait for them to cancel
BUT when they advise of a cancellation staff have the authority to unblock miles  / points seat spends and rebook you
So I was advised to ring next Wednesday
I will move our fights to next May / June
But don’t even know if wsop is on in June 2023 ? Does anyone?

Looks like it’s Tenerifeskegvegas
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: September 02, 2021, 10:27:36 AM »

Not doing anything until they cancel is 101, as they tell you themselves it's free to move the flights then.

It's only 2022 next year, so I'll wait for that one before I worry about WSOP 2023 Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: September 02, 2021, 12:49:22 PM »

Got my e-mail about half an hour after that post, so mine is going to June 2022, too.

Saves me £600, as premium is now >£1.4k for my dates.

Tutcher
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: September 02, 2021, 12:57:02 PM »

Mr Bryden travelled  to sort out a eye problem that mabey could not be sorted in UK?? But still the privilege people can travel but not us pleb poker players***
Tutcher
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: September 02, 2021, 01:45:33 PM »

Mr Bryden travelled  to sort out a eye problem that mabey could not be sorted in UK?? But still the privilege people can travel but not us pleb poker players***
Tutcher

I tried to find a reference to this, and it looks it was in one Scottish newspaper and was removed?  It doesn't seem to be massively reliable news.  I don't know the ins and outs, but other people have travelled for medical procedures during Covid, and it doesn't bother me much.  Plenty of plebs have travelled to Covid hotspots for holidays, which seems worse?

I am pretty optimistic that 2022 WSOP is going to be much easier to get to than the current one and that is my target right now. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: September 02, 2021, 01:46:06 PM »

You can go to Vegas, you just have to stop somewhere else for a couple weeks first. Do a Bridger, and spend a couple weeks in Barbados first.

Us not being able to go to Vegas for a year or so is irritating, but hardly a big deal in the scheme of things.

Given the hardships many are going through, just have to suck it up, or if you need to go that badly, make the necessary arrangements.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: September 02, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »

Tutcher

I tried to find a reference to this, and it looks it was in one Scottish newspaper and was removed?  It doesn't seem to be massively reliable news.  I don't know the ins and outs, but other people have travelled for medical procedures during Covid, and it doesn't bother me much.  Plenty of plebs have travelled to Covid hotspots for holidays, which seems worse?

I am pretty optimistic that 2022 WSOP is going to be much easier to get to than the current one and that is my target right now. 

I just looked at his Twitter, and a short clip of him talking to Michael Sheen about it.

He stayed at Sheen's house while he had it done, and he went there as the operation was free.

Not really inclined to watch the whole podcast, as I don't really care what Rob Brydon is doing, or where he got his eyes fixed Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: September 02, 2021, 01:51:15 PM »

I was able to travel for medical procedures last summer, and I'm a pleb Grin

I only got Antalya, though. Didn't get to go to the USA.

I'm going in December if it's open, as the Wynn/Venetian always have Xmas festivals. Also, I've got ~5 weeks hotels for ~£1k, with most of that back in freeplay and resort credit.

I've got my hotels booked up for next summer already, and would hope the WSOP will be a lot easier to navigate when it's moved to the strip, too.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: September 02, 2021, 05:51:04 PM »

Tutcher

I just looked at his Twitter, and a short clip of him talking to Michael Sheen about it.

He stayed at Sheen's house while he had it done, and he went there as the operation was free.

Not really inclined to watch the whole podcast, as I don't really care what Rob Brydon is doing, or where he got his eyes fixed Cheesy

No wonder I couldn't find it in the news, the video was put on Youtube 9 month's ago.

It happened year's ago (circa 2014) seemingly when Michael Sheen was on Punk'd.   Think we'll let him off. 

Welcome to Blonde, Tutcher.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tutcher
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: September 02, 2021, 08:01:55 PM »

It seems I may have been fooled by old fake news but I still can't travel this year . I have the £££ but I'm not a celeb or need medical attention in LA .and still can't travel as normal since 2019.
Tutcher
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5682 on: September 02, 2021, 09:14:58 PM »

It seems I may have been fooled by old fake news but I still can't travel this year . I have the £££ but I'm not a celeb or need medical attention in LA .and still can't travel as normal since 2019.
Tutcher

On the bright side, you have £££ and you don't need medical attention.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: September 03, 2021, 12:58:01 AM »

Tutcher

You can travel, you just can't do exactly what you want.

As Red says, you're a lot better off than many, and infinitely better off than 150,000 others.

Also, if you really want to get to Vegas, you can. Just have to launder yourself somewhere for 2 weeks before heading to Vegas.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 01:00:53 AM by Marky147 » Logged

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: September 11, 2021, 09:17:22 AM »

Our flight to Vegas was cancelled on Wednesday as expected
We / They moved it to requested dates next May with no extra fees I. Might add
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: