blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952329 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5865 on: April 26, 2022, 12:28:16 PM »

We had to plonk our previous booking into dates given 1 or 2 years ago and virgin said if we change it before going it will cost considerably more plus we may lose the upper bit going out

I’m thinking nearer our scheduled return date we can ring and change - extend it ? Obv a fee involved
Does this sound right please ? Simon or marky
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: April 26, 2022, 01:51:29 PM »

We had to plonk our previous booking into dates given 1 or 2 years ago and virgin said if we change it before going it will cost considerably more plus we may lose the upper bit going out

I’m thinking nearer our scheduled return date we can ring and change - extend it ? Obv a fee involved

Cash or points Tony?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: April 26, 2022, 06:24:43 PM »

Cash or points Tony?
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: April 26, 2022, 09:41:46 PM »

Really not sure how it works now - everything changing it seems.  Gratz on the honeymoon tho! 

How long is the wait nowadays on customer service?  Was 90 mins last time I called, but they were very accomdating and did their best to give me what I was asking for, or at least counter with workable alternatives.

I've got Upper reward booked for June and hopefully I don't need any changes now - I'm just doing my best to keep the booking in the system and not end up with a points refund.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: April 26, 2022, 10:01:10 PM »

Really not sure how it works now - everything changing it seems.  Gratz on the honeymoon tho! 

How long is the wait nowadays on customer service?  Was 90 mins last time I called, but they were very accomdating and did their best to give me what I was asking for, or at least counter with workable alternatives.

I've got Upper reward booked for June and hopefully I don't need any changes now - I'm just doing my best to keep the booking in the system and not end up with a points refund.

It was awful last week. 3hr waits on customer services.  I gave up, am tempted to just pay and try and reclaim the difference (had 2 reward flights booked for me and my daughter 2 years ago from elsewhere).   If not, still got a year to use the flights I think.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: April 26, 2022, 10:37:06 PM »

I can recommend virgin's WhatsApp service, having used it a few months ago. They contact you when it's your turn, so you don't have to listen to the same three songs for half your day.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: April 26, 2022, 10:40:45 PM »

I can recommend virgin's WhatsApp service, having used it a few months ago. They contact you when it's your turn, so you don't have to listen to the same three songs for half your day.

I think this is no longer in use.

If you fill a flight change form in online there is the option for them to come back to you via sms, which like the old WhatsApp service seems to work as once they text you can have a good back and forth about what your looking for.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: April 27, 2022, 07:18:44 AM »

I think this is no longer in use.

If you fill a flight change form in online there is the option for them to come back to you via sms, which like the old WhatsApp service seems to work as once they text you can have a good back and forth about what your looking for.

Oh, that's a shame. Apologies.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: April 27, 2022, 08:52:01 AM »

I was just thinking of ringing the American customer service line 18008628621
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: April 27, 2022, 08:55:20 AM »

Cash or points Tony?

We bought them using mikes n money
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: April 27, 2022, 12:13:39 PM »

Upper return is retailing between £5 and £10k through out the rest of the year, assuming you didn't book when it was that sort of money then you are going to get stung for the difference I think as the miles and points fares, just use your points as a discount of the full cost.

Not sure where you are at in the process but if reward seats are available for your required dates and you can get the previous booking refunded as points and cash then it might be worth starting a fresh.

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5876 on: May 09, 2022, 09:59:56 AM »

I've managed to snag a free Maverick helicopter night flight over the Strip worth about £100 thanks to the MyVegas apps so have an extra bonus to look forward to for my trip next week! Cheesy

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: May 09, 2022, 03:04:28 PM »

I've managed to snag a free Maverick helicopter night flight over the Strip worth about £100 thanks to the MyVegas apps so have an extra bonus to look forward to for my trip next week! Cheesy

I've got the Grand Canyon one in mine for 5 million LPs, but don't really fancy hours in a helicopter to see a hole in the ground Cheesy

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5878 on: May 10, 2022, 01:36:14 PM »

I've got the Grand Canyon one in mine for 5 million LPs, but don't really fancy hours in a helicopter to see a hole in the ground Cheesy

I did that with the missus last time we went (although had to pay, gah!) , we really enjoyed it but each to their own Smiley

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: May 10, 2022, 02:08:24 PM »

I did that with the missus last time we went (although had to pay, gah!) , we really enjoyed it but each to their own Smiley

I helped my best friends set it up for them when they were there for his 40th in Dec '19, and they loved it.

I think I'd be much more inclined to go now, if it wouldn't be likely I'd end up breaking my neck wandering about down in the bottom of it when you stop for lunch Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: