blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476314 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 03:15:55 PM »

You need to elaborate here Pops.

2) Always bet big when you can.

Sure thing son.

Spose I have  and the board reads

two hearts

You check and there is £350 in the pot. I bet £275-£300 and get called by I make more money than if i bet £200 Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »

The boy is good.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »

Sure thing son.

two hearts

You check and there is £350 in the pot. I bet £275-£300 and get called by I make more money than if i bet £200 Smiley

Yes yes, but you said "When you can".

I can bet big even if I have the K 10 hand.

I always can. The trick is knowing when I should.

The older I get, the better I was.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »

Sure thing son.

two hearts

well, I *think* Dave's theory is that since we're playing a simple game, we're keeping it simple by only betting for value. So when we bet, we should make it big, because we want the max value.

or something like that.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »

Dave's post is excellent. As usual. It's unfortunate that more members of Cody's entourage don't post frequently, but the fact that just one of them does is so great for the forum. How about you encourage more of his team to post Dave?

The thing about live poker is that you can get a mental image from raising lots of pots and cbetting, then they think when you cold 4b and bet bet shove 72243 that their 88 is bound to be good vs this lunatic!

I think I can honestly say I've never made a bluff more than £500 in my life, and I'm not embarrassed to say that. But I've won at least 10 >2k pots where I've been shoving a grand on the turn or river etc. Seems odd that people keep paying me off doesn't it? Because I open 1/4 of the pots and occassionally declare "9 high" in a £50 pot, I must be insane!

Small bluffs, well timed aggression, good, thin value bets, picking off spazzy bluffs and making disciplined folds. You won't go wrong.

And most importantly, don't be a dick at the table. It's horrendous in so many ways.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 03:29:43 PM »

Sure thing son.

Spose I have   and the board reads

two hearts

Think of a rage of hands you're opponent could have played this way and if most/all of them are worse than yours you can bet big. With KT it's not so easy to value bet so big, since you are beat by KJ and KQ and AK - people like to play those cards. People don't often play hands like K6, K8 which you beat. So I wouldn't be so happy betting huge on the river with KT in that spot. AK trumps all those though so it's easy to make a big bet and be confident you'll get paid by worse frequently.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:32:12 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »

Dave's post is excellent. As usual. It's unfortunate that more members of Cody's entourage don't post frequently, but the fact that just one of them does is so great for the forum. How about you encourage more of his team to post Dave?

lkjesjkfldlkjah,hklfha,ejsf,aih,wuDHGJKFH,AUESHG,IEOHJFKAJLWAFGLUISG,FUGUILgjghluhekjfhlkjehglshemfui,esoiehmflhekljhslieh,l,healhkjhsflkjh

grrrrr

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 03:41:29 PM »

its also worth noting that a big river value bet, needs to be called a lot less frequently to show the same profit as a smaller one. In live poker espcially between reasonable bet sizes people are usually asking themselves the question "is he bluffing or not" more than "what hands would he bet this amoutn with" in such situations where you're bet sizing isn't going to affect there calling frequency too much it's ofc much much better to bet big as when he folds you lose nothing and when he calls you win additional monies.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »

Think of a rage of hands you're opponent could have played this way and if most/all of them are worse than yours you can bet big. With KT it's not so easy to value bet so big, since you are beat by KJ and KQ and AK - people like to play those cards. People don't often play hands like K6, K8 which you beat. So I wouldn't be so happy betting huge on the river with KT in that spot. AK trumps all those though so it's easy to make a big bet and be confident you'll get paid by worse frequently.

its also worth noting that a big river value bet, needs to be called a lot less frequently to show the same profit as a smaller one. In live poker espcially between reasonable bet sizes people are usually asking themselves the question "is he bluffing or not" more than "what hands would he bet this amoutn with" in such situations where you're bet sizing isn't going to affect there calling frequency too much it's ofc much much better to bet big as when he folds you lose nothing and when he calls you win additional monies.

This is what I meant by 'elaborate'.

PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 03:55:32 PM »

I've heard the bloggers run good, like win Monte Carlo's and shit so you're in for a treat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »

I've heard the bloggers run good, like win Monte Carlo's and shit so you're in for a treat

Not if they blog about skidmarks they don't.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 04:54:09 PM »

I played at Aspers and Gala in Northampton a lot last summer and your rollcall of names brought back some memories (some of them good)

Ran well at Gala, not so well at Aspers.

Played a chunk with Mad-Dog - but never really saw anything to suggest how he acquired that name. Can you enlighten us?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »

I genuinely look forward to reading your future posts ITT

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 06:22:55 PM »

Thanks again for all the continued support, I'll stop saying this at the start of every post from now Smiley

Mad Dog got his name I think just because he's a bit of a psycho and was a bit of a 'bad-ass' back in the day.  Apparently he used to play pretty decent stakes and do well in them. [ ] Got Mad Dog poker skillz.

LilD - I appreciate the 5 things.. but I didn't mean ITT for me.. I meant in general for everyone, all I can say is sweet - get me the extra views and comments!  And of course Alex is right, the post is very very solid and sound advice.  I'm toying with recording it on my phone somehow and having it there during my sessions to 'remind' myself of another thing I already know. 

I'd happily take down a couple more £100's.. or the new dtd £150 (what a perfect tourny for my level, ability, player pool, vfm!) until I tick the aim for the year with a £10k+ hendon flag. - I'm not sure if I'm supposed to already have one, since I've cashed the dtd 300 last year?Huh?

THIS PLEASE! 

tbh I'm more concerned with playing well and making less mistakes.. Just one less/ session and I'll struggle to not make money this year (or smaller mistakes in general).

So, to tonights grind - 6max 10nl on stars, 6tables while notemaking a little and i need the following
[X] Stars up
[X] logged in
[X] HEM up
[X] Auto-import set
[ ] Tables up
[ ] First BB posted..

I'll be grinding for 2 hours then results and break.. might play again later   

Skype friends/ railers welcome!
john.g.c.blacklaptop

(tell me who you are if you add me..)

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 06:35:28 PM »

This is me recently when I had just had a haircut..

I've also been spotted in poker rooms with a 'Jamaica' baseball hat on. (went to Jamaica with work, got a hat because I liked it - apparently this is weird)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: