blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:26:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476292 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 22, 2012, 11:35:39 PM »

Just played my first ever darts n pool tournament.

I washed out first round in the Darts... but im getting there with almost being able to hit what i want.

And pool - well thats my game innit!

Came 2nd to 'Graham'... lovely guy but he doesn't ever f*cking miss.... I tried my best and even played well but he just didnt lose!  I lost 2-1! sigh!

nvm...

up to like $530 in the staking so lets keep that going, back from Nigeria soon... nice people but i don't wana come back here anytime soon for a holiday!

miss dtd and he sweet DD sized GTD's!!!! Cheesy

2 of my friends have won £20k+ in a weekend in the last 6 weeks! time to get some rungood together!!!! Cheesy

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2012, 12:17:07 AM »

Fair... but they dont do that kind of stuff 'most' of the time.

But you do, so it's better when you get to do it every now and again? Smiley Just kidding, but i'd be more proud of getting other people to spew in sessions where you can say you've played solid the whole way through... stringing those sessions together is the key.

So I did it thinking the guys range was polarised... i.e. QQ+, AQ+ and obv 55's arent a massive dog when there is enough in the middle to offset my 41% equity.

Difference is -
I'm doing it with a structured 3/4/5bt range, however I believe this guy just spazzed with a pair because I was pounding on him so much.
I may be wrong and that he was doing the same as I but the frequency with which he reraised me leads me to believe not.

Does that make sense or am i just throwing terms around?

Just because you have a 'structured 3/4/5bt range' does not mean calling it off with 55 is good/ok/not spew. By all means 3-bet to 5-bet shove with 55 in a good spot, but don't 4-bet call. The whole reason this is fine is because when you are 3bet 5betting your opp folds out a good chunk of his range, making it profitable, provided you do it with hands with some equity when called/some blocker(s) to make it more likely to get through. 4-bet calling because you have OK equity vs hiis range just doesnt hold up over time.

Pretty sure these are tiny edges you are looking for in these games where much bigger ones can be found much easier by playing solid/having a decent post-flop game.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2012, 10:49:25 AM »

+1 TH, if you're 3b/5b 55 at 25nl there is something hugely wrong.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »

I appreciate the comments lads.. trying to obviously give myself some room to grow as I move up the stakes.  Obv don't need to be too clever in certain spots until level XNL but in my defence, the 3/5bt spots were most often vs the one or two regs over my 4 tables that seemed to be adjusting to my super loose preflop game.

I think in these sessions I played a minimum of like 35/30/18... so even the least observant players started to notice, but the good thing is most of them don't really know how to do anything about it.

I agree the 4bt call is gross... I really didn't love it and 4b/call or 4b/fold ranges is one im going to be asking Pleno as soon as I can tie him down in an evening!  I think I 4bt to like $11.50 and had $18 behind.. I used most of my timebank if i remember correctly and at the end of it realised there should be enough AQ/AK in this spot vs his JJ+ that I have to call even if this player may only ever have pp's or AK..

Definitely improving my game now and Pleno is right about sticking to 4 tables as I do think about all the spots on all the tables that little bit more, which I'm sure will help accelerate my journey as much as possible.

Also sticking to 60-90 min blocks is working well for me with concentration and level of overall play which is something that I think a lot of players under-estimate affecting their winrates.... obv after X amount of hands your tired 'autopilot' should be able to win you Xbb/100 and when compared with the downtime of an hour break or something I know that some people justify super-long sessions.  But obviously for most people tilt, tiredness, concentration and thinking all have a time limit of some kind.

Only thing now is how F*CKING MEGA TILTING live play can be! Cheesy
- players
- comments of said players (about poker, life, odds, etc etc)
- duration of things
- amount of hands
- shoddy service by semi-fit 'wannabe' hostesses
- random mistakes/ misdeals/ clock calling

Its funny really since I don't think I really ever tilt any more (thanks JT), I definitely struggle to play my A game for hours on end if i dont take regular breaks and have pleny of brain food and water!  But with Tommy Angelo helping me out with stop-losses, objectivising a session to be something other than winning ££'s, focussing on being mindful and thinking about all the silly -ve £ things I've done in the past and many live players/ regs continue to do!

Zen JB here we come!

night all, peace!

(been to the gym today and might even post a pic on here soon as I'm starting to really get some guns going on and slowly getting rid of the flab...)

[ ] Fit, healthy, happy, winning poker player!
[X] working on above, achieve by Dec 2012?                 YOU DECIDE!        (literally any excuse)

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2012, 09:46:07 PM »

yoyoyo ewmail me youre full schedule (daily if poss) for April please bud. Get some fun stuff planned

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2012, 10:04:07 PM »

I agree the 4bt call is gross... I really didn't love it and 4b/call or 4b/fold ranges is one im going to be asking Pleno as soon as I can tie him down in an evening!  I think I 4bt to like $11.50 and had $18 behind.. I used most of my timebank if i remember correctly and at the end of it realised there should be enough AQ/AK in this spot vs his JJ+ that I have to call even if this player may only ever have pp's or AK..

How exactly have you 4-bet to $11.50 @ 25NL???

Surely the betting pattern should go roughly:

0.10/0.25/0.75/2.25/4.75... at most a 4-bet could go to $5.25, therefore never having to commit yourself with hands like 55.

Even if you open to $1.00, villain makes it $3.25/$3.50, you would make it about $7.50.

General sizings for 4-bets should be just over 2x the 3-bet, to allow for 4-bet folding / enducing 5-bet shoves... an opponent can almost never be 5-bet bluffing if you 4-bet to $11.50 playing $29.50.

Generally open 2x/2.5x OTB, 3x from everywhere else, 3-bet to 8bb IP, 10bb OP, 4-bet should basically always be just over 2x the 3-bet, to open our + opp ranges. Obviously if deeper these nubers can increase (these should be saved for good spots vs appropriate villains.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »

yoyoyo ewmail me youre full schedule (daily if poss) for April please bud. Get some fun stuff planned

yer obv as soon as I have an idea... IF I'm still in the UK I'd like to qualify for/ offer staking for UKIPT nottingham.. and get some $$ there! (you get first refusal as we agreed ofc)

How exactly have you 4-bet to $11.50 @ 25NL???

Surely the betting pattern should go roughly:

0.10/0.25/0.75/2.25/4.75... at most a 4-bet could go to $5.25, therefore never having to commit yourself with hands like 55.

Even if you open to $1.00, villain makes it $3.25/$3.50, you would make it about $7.50.

General sizings for 4-bets should be just over 2x the 3-bet, to allow for 4-bet folding / enducing 5-bet shoves... an opponent can almost never be 5-bet bluffing if you 4-bet to $11.50 playing $29.50.

Generally open 2x/2.5x OTB, 3x from everywhere else, 3-bet to 8bb IP, 10bb OP, 4-bet should basically always be just over 2x the 3-bet, to open our + opp ranges. Obviously if deeper these nubers can increase (these should be saved for good spots vs appropriate villains.

Think my sizing in these things can do with some tweaking...

I think I've been using this as standard atm

Open raise - 3X
Steal (btn, sb) - 2X
3bet OOP - 3.5x their raise
3bet IP - 2.75-3x their raise
4bt - 2.5-3.5x their raise
5bt - often a 100bb shove, have made it 40-50bb's when over 200bb deep.

Single raised pot - Flop 60-75%/ Turn 70-90%/ River - situational, all sorts of amounts.. min/ 20%/ 70%/140%
3bp - 50/50/pot or shove..

Thoughts?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2012, 10:52:05 PM »

sizing is part of plenos classes for next month innit

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »

sizing is part of plenos classes for next month innit

Gd lad...
Does it involve lots of KK 300bb bluffs like the big C-dog... or is he the only one licensed to do that kind of thing?

Tongue

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2012, 10:46:46 PM »

Back from Nigeria... not a very nice place.. won't be going back for a holiday anytime soon!  Lovely people though, so friendly.

Back at 3pm, pickup Charlene at the airport and get home by 5, in gym by 6 with my bro and then in Jamie's restaurant in city centre of MK by 815!!!

GET ME A STEAK AND VEG ASAP!
medium rare of course, no debates there.  This isn't PoaPb, no steakgate please!

Had a great meal, even if C did make me wait for my main course by holding onto her starter for an extra 5-10 mins without eating it, thus delaying my steak!!!

Now at home chilling, catching up on some 'homeland' to find my trusty SKYHD box hasnt recorded the last two episodes... omfgdfjlkdjfsfjlkjfhgfdhgish!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2012, 10:55:08 PM »

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Homeland_27151/
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »

thank you sir,
not meaning any rubs, but when will you start saving? wana sweat ur counter!!!! Cheesy

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2012, 12:18:59 AM »

thank you sir,
not meaning any rubs, but when will you start saving? wana sweat ur counter!!!! Cheesy

Haha, It will be getting a decent boost within two weeks Smiley
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »

Some photo's of my last few weeks...

1. $1 FO on stars.. came 109/10000 or something... won a tidy $4.50... sweet! Cheesy
2. Night out with some mates... they dressed up as 'old people' - great idea!
3. These boxes have taken 3 days of my life... just connecting a few cables.......
4. My first darts win, hit a 2 dart finish and was SUPER happy about it!
5. Driving on the wrong side of a dual carriadgeway into oncoming traffice - TIN - this is Nigeria! Tongue

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:23:39 PM by jgcblack » Logged

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2012, 06:51:48 PM »

Looks an odd two darter. Looks like you've hit treble 13 double 1 for a 41 check out. 
9 double 16 far better route Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: