blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 478965 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2012, 11:47:25 PM »

Objectives refresh....

It came to my attention today that these are my objectives for this 'year':

[ ] I want to end the year at 50nl 6max minimum, would like to be beating 100nl but that is a big jump and beating 50nl hu 'regs'
[ ] To have been on my first Vegas trip (I have airmiles to spend).
[ ] To be working with my friends in our discussion group to help us all focus on real goals and work togther to get there.
[ ] Have made my first £10k+ score & manditory hendon flag.
[ ] Have submitted and had accepted a 50k+ sample as a result of no1 above and to be negotiating a 'cash sponsorship' deal.

Well so far this year...
[X] Pleno (Patrick Leonard) has approached me to sponsor me through the 6max cash levels, starting at 25nl and working up to 100/200nl by the years end.
[X] Sorted out my hendon mob and realised I actually had a few accounts already, have brought them together, and submitted a photo.
[X] Got a new Grind PC to really cement my long term commitment to online poker.
[X] Back in the gym and losing weight, while toning and getting healthy!
[X] Got an amazing girlfriend who treats me amazingly and is well worth the effort! Thanks Charlene.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2012, 04:04:55 AM »

Just had my first 'rough' online session where we lost 5.5bi's and hit our 5b STOP LOSS... which was a shame.

Actually I went all the way down to -4.5bi's then all the way back up to -1bi and then back down again so bit of a roller coaster.

I've scanned through the hands and I think about 70% was 'fine'.. we officially ran 4bi's under EV..
Feel like I played great and definitely wasn't affected by being in the red the whole session, it made a difference as I 'felt' it the whole time but i defiinitely didnt make bad decisions because of it.  Might post some in PHA but I've already spoken to my discussion group who seem to think i made some great folds.

I will have another look at this tomorrow and work out some revises aims.

Guess I should have 'pay off PC with winnings' in there somewhere!

Shame Charlene isn't here, feel like we could finish the night off well....

Better load up some Counterstrike : Source or WC3 Frozen Throne I guess.

Cheesy

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2012, 02:24:41 AM »

Just had a session with Pads n Fitzy (50nl reg) with me playing 25NL and then going over yesterdays session.

Today there was a bunch of small things that will add up that pads mentioned.  They should be easy to introduce and adopt.. most of them are just to do with 'tightening' bolts in my game.  But despite being battered by them MORALE IS HIGH!

I really feel like these small tweaks will make massive differences - having much stronger ranges in certain spots more often will also make them easier to play.

Didn't get a UKIPT seat tonight... so going to have to speak to people and arrange to sell pieces tomorrow.

For anyone interested, I will be putting up about 1/2 myself...  hopefully those that know me on here can vouch. Smiley

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2012, 02:25:48 AM »

book me 10!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2012, 02:27:49 AM »

I know Fitzy from when I used to post on pokertube (3 years back) and from his run in UKIPT notts last year - met him on the cash tables a few weeks back - nice lad, good player. Get him to start posting on here!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »

book me 10!

done, tyty

I know Fitzy from when I used to post on pokertube (3 years back) and from his run in UKIPT notts last year - met him on the cash tables a few weeks back - nice lad, good player. Get him to start posting on here!

Yeah, we have suprisingly similar attitudes and opinions... there are a few key differences but we're helping each other.

The session yesterday I think plugged some really 'easy' leaks as long as I can keep it up and make the additions work for me.

WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »

What day are you planning to play?
Looking forward to your reports and think you are going to do well, just make sure you don't overthink spots too much!?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2012, 11:32:40 PM »

hes in stable pleno and weirdly we spoke about you yesterday and he had no clue who you were. Guy is a really nice kid and improving alot as a player.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2012, 12:27:04 AM »

Who is WPIL?

I'm playing today - Day 1A, so gl me! love the structure, played in Newcastle last year but made a bit of a mess of it.  Had a tough 2nd table i think, but definitely made it hard for myself.

I've done a lot of work recently on my short stack game and good reshove/ open shove ranges.  So figure I should be able to nurse a short stack well vs field if i can keep focus.

I'm easily 10x the player i was then and think so much better down streets, with plans and working on player types.

Literally in the best poker shape of my life... Just a shame I've hit my cash stop loss again today.. .
So thats 2 days in a row, first time yesterday, copied today. hmph!

Going to go over it with fitzy to look for mistakes, think about half were mistakes or 'thin' shoves... like
Raise, bet, bet, raise on

Huh?

However I'm currently getting close to a 'lock' for a seat in tonights DTD UKIPT satellite, finally!
glme

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2012, 01:32:53 AM »

Well that sucks....

for the 4th time in the last week, JimiJimi77 has got all in pre flop vs me with 30% and got there EVERY TIME!

We get in AK vs AQ with 14 left and he insta flops a Q.
Then he proceeds to tell me 'Ul, I've won E1400 this week'..................... uhhh.... well........ that is very nice for you sir.

I realise that Colin is a very nice guy and a pleasure to chat to, but i am a little annoyed at his rungood vs specifically me recently is a little frustrating.

So we don't get a seat and we've effectively paid more in satellites than it costs to play... and now only have 60%.  Hmmm.....

Still love the game, but this is a fair frustration i think.  This is the reason i play these but nvm.

We then get in 3.5bb's with K6o vs A2o and bink a 6.  Up to 8bb's and find A10ss utg and shove, running straight into AA's of course.
We flop a flush draw, turn a straight draw to chop and river not enough to qualify to beat a 1 pair hand.
Nevermind, next time im sure.

Gl JimiJimi77 in your UKIPT... I hope you do something with my entries.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2012, 04:23:58 AM »

Pmsl. As Colin would say "unlucky son"

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2012, 07:38:21 AM »

Grin <3 Colin

30% is huge for Him, you don't go winning two deepstacks without knowing how to get there..  Wink

Good Luck today fella.. 

Satellite King
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »

When Colin clicked Allin I wonder if he rubs his tummy like he does live and say "never let me down yet"Huh?

TBF John he is blessed in the "get there dept"

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 12, 2012, 02:42:43 AM »

Currently in a service station after playing the best day of tournament poker in my life.  I made a mistake getting in AQ vs K10 aipf.. When the tilting dude limp jams 2x avg stack.

Obv I crush his range, but I dont need to risk my stack in this spot in future.. Obv deserved the win but when has that ever mattered. I literally crushed all my tables today and feel super good about my game going forward.. Few is tweaks here and there and I think I'll be crushing properly.... Tune of 5figs+ please.....

Trip report tomorrow obv.

Currently waiting for kosh, Gary and Reynolds to finish doing their bollux on the fruities...
[ ] I understand fruit machine gaming....

Fmfl.

JB

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 12, 2012, 03:47:57 AM »

Currently in a service station after playing the best day of tournament poker in my life.  I made a mistake getting in AQ vs K10 aipf.. When the tilting dude limp jams 2x avg stack.

Obv I crush his range, but I dont need to risk my stack in this spot in future.. Obv deserved the win but when has that ever mattered. I literally crushed all my tables today and feel super good about my game going forward.. Few is tweaks here and there and I think I'll be crushing properly.... Tune of 5figs+ please.....

Trip report tomorrow obv.

Currently waiting for kosh, Gary and Reynolds to finish doing their bollux on the fruities...
[ ] I understand fruit machine gaming....

Fmfl.

JB
Play the one that some guy stuck £4 grand in tonight. Wtf is wrong with some peeps.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: