blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:10:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 479611 times)
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: April 16, 2012, 09:28:02 AM »

I love these reports buddy but obv gotta be at Dtd for 12 so will read at leisure.

Hand one is pretty std how us old uns play that. I am interested to know if Alan would fold a set there or not if you have a stab at it. A very similar hand came up late on my table. The board read 4 to the flush on clubs  and a laggy young guy who had got to 100k without showing down many hands led out 30k which was half the pot. Game over I thought but his opponent snapped him off having flopped bottom set no club. I nodded in appreciation thinking the player had picked up something but he smiled at me and said " sometimes you gotta hero call these young uns and had decided to call all the way down no matter how the board ran out". Obv the lad was disappointed at the call but he had failed to realise that with his previous play he had turned a  tight passive player into a calling station. ( the lad then flopped top set and managed to get a full double up 3 hands later betting all 3 seats ) Smiley

2nd hand about an hour in you pick up that the guy had been opening his buttons a lot??? Would this have been both his buttons in that hour Smiley

Love this diary and if Belton stops posting about his life then yours goes straight into the top 3 must reads. Gl

Hi Jason

Well done yesterday.

John was convinced he'd missed a bet on the end and that if he'd bet I would have folded. He suggested that a small bet would have looked very strong.  I'm pretty sure I would have called a small bet on pot odds alone, but would have folded to a pot sized bet for sure.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 16, 2012, 10:46:35 AM »

I've read all the dtd stuff and about how you completely crushed etc, without wanting to sound nasty or overly cynical here it feels like you are highly delusional and alot of the owning etc is actually just coolers or spots that worked, it doesn't mean you're a genuis.

I really don't want to come across as harsh, I like you alot and ofc I want you to do well. I believe in you and sometimes you need a real telling off before you get the aha moment. I hope we can look back on this post in 18 months when you're crushing 400nl and laugh abut it together.

So much this.

Also really happy you have a few people of authority to tell you off now too!

Also feel a little bit sad for the future. I mean, a John Black without spew is like a candle without a flame. Hopefully you can make much much more moneys this way though. Smiley

Cheers you

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 17, 2012, 10:49:33 PM »

Played a session with Fitzy, Pleno and Lil'D guest appeared..... Then we swapped over n fitzy played.

We both played really solid with only a few hands where a decision was close.  Fitzy had more than I did, think he played a little longer.  But I finished my mini session:-
440 hands
-$0.63

Only lost one pot of any real size and I value cut myself vs UTG raise, bet, bet, cc on Kxxhh Xh Xo... with KJ < UTG KQ... sigh.
I actually think his call is pretty meh... he shouldn't really beat a lot, most people at this level don't bet KJ for value.... Hmph.

Other than that, really happy with 6  tables and lots of spots.  Even taking a few of the Poker Strategy quiz's and since I'm now a Gold member but about to be Platinum it means I practically have access to all the Videos, Articles and Quiz's...  I passed two quiz's with 95%+ but the overall 'gold member' quiz I only got 65% which was due to me being a 'big passive' actually in some spots.  Interesting... only a few days ago I would have been more aggressive and probably passed the test, but maybe it was more 'blind aggression' than well constructed and reasoned aggression.

From what I've seen so far the articles are well written, informative with a decent balance between numbers and ideas.  I'm told the videos are fantastic and look forward to perusing them but tbh from what I've seen so far, using these and the coaching from the group/ Pleno and people like Lil'D I am really optimistic about being a solid winner @ 25NL very shortly and moving up soon.

So sick that I have people that are this good at poker to talk to and sweat me/ help me....

Thanks to everyone who's commented in this thread and to all those who bother to read my tl:dr posts.

off for schnuggles on the sofa with C, peace.

nn

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 18, 2012, 12:02:57 AM »

just gota be a nit not be a huge spaz innit.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 18, 2012, 12:15:21 AM »

epic post from pleno and some epic spew JB! Sad

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »

I love these reports buddy but obv gotta be at Dtd for 12 so will read at leisure.

Hand one is pretty std how us old uns play that. I am interested to know if Alan would fold a set there or not if you have a stab at it. A very similar hand came up late on my table. The board read 4 to the flush on clubs  and a laggy young guy who had got to 100k without showing down many hands led out 30k which was half the pot. Game over I thought but his opponent snapped him off having flopped bottom set no club. I nodded in appreciation thinking the player had picked up something but he smiled at me and said " sometimes you gotta hero call these young uns and had decided to call all the way down no matter how the board ran out". Obv the lad was disappointed at the call but he had failed to realise that with his previous play he had turned a  tight passive player into a calling station. ( the lad then flopped top set and managed to get a full double up 3 hands later betting all 3 seats ) Smiley

2nd hand about an hour in you pick up that the guy had been opening his buttons a lot??? Would this have been both his buttons in that hour Smiley

Love this diary and if Belton stops posting about his life then yours goes straight into the top 3 must reads. Gl

Hi Jason

Well done yesterday.

John was convinced he'd missed a bet on the end and that if he'd bet I would have folded. He suggested that a small bet would have looked very strong.  I'm pretty sure I would have called a small bet on pot odds alone, but would have folded to a pot sized bet for sure.

Ty. I am really loving watching people playing poker at the tables ATM.  Knowing both sides of a hand makes it even more so.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2012, 11:44:09 AM »

Have a good trip to Korea mate.

Things to work on when coming back

-When to be aggresive?

-Cut off range?

-Range vs UTG?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »

off for schnuggles on the sofa with C, peace.

nn

get it quietly mate, some of us live by ourselves

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »

Only lost one pot of any real size and I value cut myself vs UTG raise, bet, bet, cc on Kxxhh Xh Xo... with KJ < UTG KQ... sigh.
I actually think his call is pretty meh... he shouldn't really beat a lot, most people at this level don't bet KJ for value.... Hmph.

So you value-bet KJ, but his call with KQ is bad? So why are we betting?
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 18, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »

So you value-bet KJ, but his call with KQ is bad? So why are we betting?

I said I think my bet is marginal... but that since most players on this site aren't value betting there... vs most his call will be bad.

I guess my bet could achieve two results, it will sometimes get value from worse and sometimes bluff out better... but since I have TPGK i deem it as a value bet... no?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 18, 2012, 01:54:48 PM »

Have a good trip to Korea mate.

Things to work on when coming back

-When to be aggresive?

-Cut off range?

-Range vs UTG?
Sounds good, shame you don't listen to where I'm going...... but its ok. I'll mention it when I'm back, needless to say this is not a 'holiday spot'.

I'm thinking the following at the moment:-

1. When to be aggresive?
- IP with equity vs tighter opponents
- IP on dry boards as its harder for them to have something to continue/ or on wetter boards because it gives us a plethora of 'bluff' outs and we can look to rep strong 2p+ hands which its tough to make and so our Villain may struggle to continue.
- opponent specific instances

2. Cut off range?
Vs tighter buttons: 22+, 78s+, broadways, A2s+, K2s+, A2-A5o, A9o+, K9o+   Huh?

Looser buttons : 22+, 78s+, Big broadways, A8s+, K8s+, A9o+, K9o+

3. Range vs UTG?
- pairs
- suited connectors where the utg is tighter post flop
- big broadways
- AJs+, AQo+

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 18, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »

the kj is awful, purely from apre flop perspective, calling kjo vs utg is going to be burning money.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 18, 2012, 02:01:08 PM »

i said korea because im not allowed to say

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 18, 2012, 02:25:08 PM »

i said korea because im not allowed to say
He is in the SAS ain't he Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
WPIL