blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 478977 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: June 07, 2012, 03:50:05 AM »

cliffs on brothers 3some pls Smiley

- I came home at 5am to my bro in my bed with a girl, both dressed and both seperated by a cover between them.
- kicked him out and made him come outside in his boxers to help me unload the car of my stuff
- met the trampy other girl who was in 'his' room
- then kicked him into the room with the two of them
- a few hours later after I'd watched both Mighty Ducks 1 and 2 they all left
- He was back over yesterday with her again...
- to be continued.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 07, 2012, 07:32:38 AM »

cliffs on brothers 3some pls Smiley

- I came home at 5am to my bro in my bed with a girl, both dressed and both seperated by a cover between them.
- kicked him out and made him come outside in his boxers to help me unload the car of my stuff
- met the trampy other girl who was in 'his' room
- then kicked him into the room with the two of them
- a few hours later after I'd watched both Mighty Ducks 1 and 2 they all left
- He was back over yesterday with her again...
- to be continued.

Stop giving more details, story is going downhill fast.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 07, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »

Tell us about the 60's Dave, that must've been a magical time, no??

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 07, 2012, 11:05:23 PM »

Just had a pretty sweet 10nl session where we WON like 3bi's.. would've been 4 but lost a 'meh' pot last few hands to try and drop morale.

Didn't work and feel like I played super solid all session, made one standard-ish AK mistake on Axxx - lol.  Turn raises = very good hands.

Keep this up and I'll move up stakes in 5-10k hands.  Want to be in and beating 50nl by Sept, its effectively two levels away but I can get there!

Other than that, feeling a little tired.  It's surprising how tiring grinding is, you obviously need to be in top healthy form and eat well and be rested in order to play well and mentally be at the top of one's game!  However having the 'beast' means that grinding is as 'easy' as possible with all the necessary info/ screens/ windows up and i can arrange and organise everything.

Off for some Bulmers and Diablo3... I've earned it.

My mum is graduating her masters tomorrow, so pumped for her!  She's brought myself and my brother up over the last 25 years and studied right from NVQ level 3/4 all the way through the ranks and despite some struggles in her last paper for her Masters she's got there and I couldn't be more proud.

Going to make sure Alex and I are there and able to help her enjoy the whole day!  All about her!

night all..

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 08, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »

Went to my mums graduation ceremony today, so proud of her picking up her masters!

She's done all the study in her own time while raising two kids, taking care of a family, house, husband and general life... So proud and impressed!

Took some photos and hopefully gave her some great birthday presents in the form of photos of things I've seen while on my travels.  I gave her some big shots of tigers, lions, me with a baby white tiger and baby orangutan (seperately ofc) and some other awesome foreign bits.  I've got a massive panoramic of Strawberry Hill in Jamaica and an acrylic of a bee upside down in a flower which I'm particularly proud of - kinda got lucky with the dept of field and the composition but it looks SICK!!!

I would put some examples on here but the resizing I need to do to fit them loses all the sexy detail, shame.

Other than this, going to grind a bit now and then need to make a speech for tomorrow as I'm a best man for a mate of mine and am not really sure what to expect.... Really hope I don't mess it up and really hope everything goes how they hope.. can't help but fear the American Pie moments of pubes in the cake n so on..

peace.

stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 08, 2012, 11:31:26 PM »

is it standard to write best man speech the night before the wedding?!
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 09, 2012, 01:03:36 AM »

no idea.... tips?

Smiley

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 09, 2012, 01:09:06 AM »

I hope your mums day went well John ,? All to often you youngsters are alienated from us older ones and the sacrifices/ struggles we go thro to bring you younger generation up ,you havnt done it all , you don't know it all ,neither have we !
But it sounds like your mum is one of the best ,I hope she had a good day and made you as proud as she must be !
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 09, 2012, 01:38:27 AM »

I hope your mums day went well John ,? All to often you youngsters are alienated from us older ones and the sacrifices/ struggles we go thro to bring you younger generation up ,you havnt done it all , you don't know it all ,neither have we !
But it sounds like your mum is one of the best ,I hope she had a good day and made you as proud as she must be !

Thanks dude, I've already put a small folder of photo's up on facebook.  I'm super proud and just hope she gets to realise the occupational benefits she hopes this brings her - she's now as qualified as her boss's boss.  lolz indeed.

I didn't make life easy for her tbh and as a result my brother grew up in a tumultuous household with my step father and I arguing a lot.  He had a lot of aggression and behavioral issues right up until she fought tooth and nail and to the local council to get him into a 'special' school for challenged kids.  The funny thing is that in there, he was the goody toe shoes guy... hadn't stabbed anyone, threatened to kill anyone or mugged or got a police record.  Kinda shocked him into sorting himself out.  Which obv helped my mum and her own stress levels no end.  Couple this with some serious life saving surgery about 6 years ago that still pains her every day and she's a proper hero.   After she failed her last masters exam I saw the disappointment in her face, she thought she might never get there.... and I'm super pumped that not only she did, but she's letting herself enjoy it!

thanks again.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 09, 2012, 01:38:57 AM »

Got this so far....

Good afternoon ladies and gents,

For those of you who don't know me, I am one of Aaron's school friends and apparently... the best man.
For those of you who do know me, I am definitely one for public speaking, however saying something of value is a different thing entirely.

I have known Sarah for only a short time, but from what I've seen she has Aaron on the way to full training and I expect he will soon graduate from obedience school with honors.

I have however known Aaron for a long time, since secondary school.
We were in the same 'home room' together and had our communal classes together and some in our seperate 'sets'.
Our main class was Geography when we got to GCSE choices and we'd both picked the same one.
Many a class were spent going over oxbow lakes or population density in a sub-urban neighbourhood of Brazil, only for one of us to get bored
and then distract the other.  This often resulted in one or sometimes both of us outside Ms Willgress' class.  But this wasn't the worst fate
that was left to being given extra time with her and her 20 year old cardigan that I swear had never been washed.

However we both seemed to prefer PE and our main teachers were a certain Mr Nelson and Ms Migneron.  They were both firm and loud, but while we stayed on the right side of them
and won matches or performed for them they were happy with letting us do what we liked a lot of the time.  I do however remember one of our field hockey sessions getting a little out
of hand when Aaron, Colin and I were passing a hockey ball to each other from 50 yards away at waist height.  We were the only players in the team able to deal with such
a ball and that allowed us to mess around in a way the others couldn't.  The only problem with this is that one time one of us missed the ball and it hit a girls hand,
this then broke the bones

So academically we did our piece and both came out with a handful of GCSE's

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 09, 2012, 01:48:14 AM »

just found this, could be a godsend.....

something online.com

shame they want to charge me.... just use the free ones then.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 02:51:24 AM by jgcblack » Logged

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 09, 2012, 02:08:38 AM »

Very important you say how beautifull the bride and bridesmaids look Wink

Glgl

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 09, 2012, 02:35:58 AM »

somethingelseonline.co.uk/wedding-speeches

been saved! currently using this to help me construct a winnar!  Just hope I get enough sleep to be able to say it loud and clearly.  (could be a youtube hit for sure..)

Thanks Rich, more tips welcome...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 02:51:54 AM by jgcblack » Logged

th777

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 09, 2012, 02:39:25 AM »

lol, mine took like 3 weeks of prep......cant go wrong with youtube mate...
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 09, 2012, 02:51:01 AM »

And it looks like we're done....

•   Right, I’d just like to start by laying down a couple of rules. Firstly, no heckling please. And secondly, if you do have a mobile phone…please, leave it switched on; keep yourselves entertained.  I think if you keep your spirits high and your expectations low, everyone will be happy.

•   A wise man once told me that the best man’s speech should last as long as it takes the groom to make love …..(pause 5 seconds, finger count 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0) Thank you very much ladies and gentleman.

•   For those of you who don’t know me, I am John one of Aaron’s best friends.  I have the honour of being his best man. ….it is a great honour,  but in all honesty I am actually a little nervous about doing this…. but I do feel a bit comforted by the fact I have actually rehearsed this speech in front of a live audience once…..
 it  was at the local old peoples home, …… I think it went down well,…..they all pissed themselves anyway

•   Firstly I’d like to congratulate Fez on a (truly magnificent)/ (great) speech. I always knew it would be difficult to follow one of your speeches, and I Was right...I couldn’t follow a bloody word of it!

•   Seriously …I would like to say a big “thank you” to the bridesmaids for today….as you will all agree they have done a marvellous job and all look fantastic….

•   Indeed they are only eclipsed by Sarah herself, who I’m sure you’ll agree looks absolutely stunning.

•   I would also like to thank the ushers……for at least turning up sober…nice one boys!

•   You know during the service today I couldn’t help thinking it’s funny how history repeats itself, I mean it was 23 years ago that Fez and Julie were sending their daughter to bed with a dummy………

•   and it’s happening all over again today.

•   I decided to look up some interesting dates of major events…

•   On November 12 -
1918   Austria became a republic
1948   Japanese soldiers sentenced for war crimes
1978   Pope John Paul 2nd takes possession of the Catholic Church, as the Bishop of Rome
1979   Iranian hostage crisis

And Aaron Hughes was born…. but it seems that the hospital staff still refer to that day as “Ugly TUESDAY”.  In fact Aaron was the only baby in XXXXX to have shutters on his pram!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Breathe--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•   Well I first got to know Aaron when we started in secondary school at Shenley Brook End back when we were young. He was a slow starter even then…he wasn’t like all the other 11 year olds….he was 16!

•   Since then we went right through school together where Aaron was always……..  In the class.  We studied together until our GCSE’s, when we both went our own separate ways. Aaron went off to the Royal Air Force based out of …………………………………….….to learn to ……………………………………………..and I went off to the FCO, to sign my life away without a gun.

•   Some of you may be aware of Aaron’s passion for Rugby. What many of you don’t know is that his interest in the sport was borne during his time at school. Aaron is a modest man - well, that’s what he has insisted I tell you - so his Rugby achievements are little known. But I can reveal today that at school, Aaron SCORED more try’s than any other person in the entire Rugby team - that was because he was always 12th man putting up the numbers on the scoreboard

•   I actually decided that it might be a good idea to ask a few people at his work what they thought of Aaron. So I spoke to a couple of his work colleagues and apparently they refer to him as GODLIKE…..

•   he’s rarely seen…..

•   he’s holier than thou…..

•   AND if he ever does any work…….. it’s a bloody miracle!!!

•   Many of you may be aware that Aaron and Sarah have been living together. The house has required a little bit of DIY work over the past year thanks to a certain little someone, and anyone who knows Aaron will know that he is not exactly a DIY king…..However, in order to get the house looking good and the bedroom just right…
•   He assures me that over the past months he and Sarah have been banging and screwing at every opportunity.

•   At this point in my speech I would have liked to have told you about the stag nights both of them, but the law of the stag does not allow me to do this, and besides Aaron's Dad’s solicitor has advised caution until the charges are fully investigated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Breathe--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it’s customary for the best man to give some words of wisdom to the newlyweds on marriage. Me being single, I can’t speak from experience so I went out looking for happily married couples that could offer some advice…... I’m still looking!!!
But I’ve drawn up my own words of wisdom…...

1.   Never go to bed on an argument.............Always stay up and argue.
2.   Always remember the three little words..........."You're right dear".
3.   The best way to remember your anniversary……… is to forget it once.
4.   It is important to get on with your mother in law… My friend hasn’t spoken to his for two years….. Not because he doesn't like her……….. he just doesn't like to interrupt.

There is also a card from those guys from the Bletchley Rugby Club. It says,….
‘Aaron was useless in all positions but we hope Sarah has more luck with him later’….. not sure what that means but anyway…

I would now like to thank Aaron, it really has been a great honour to be your best man today, you are more like a brother to me than a friend.
I love you man.

So then, Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me immense pleasure, to invite you all to stand and raise your glasses …….in a toast to Aaron and Sarah, the new Mr and Mrs Hughes.  May we wish them well for the future, and hope they enjoy a long and happy marriage.

Aaron and Sarah.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:03:37 AM by jgcblack » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: