blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:31:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 478969 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 15, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »

The sentence 'dOnt run before you can walk' springs to mind with John. He can potentially be a good 50nl player but the basics absolutely have tO come first.

But what do I know, I'm just a fish clicking buttons right.

I don't post in here very often but am a regular spectator. Completely agree with Pat here. John you're obviously very passionate and you have a great attitude towards the game; and what is very evident is that in future you will have some great ideas about the game. But please please please just get to a good place before you get too creative. The micros are boring mate; but crush them with perseverance. Would love to see you go far.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 15, 2012, 05:28:41 PM »

Either way, we're not rolled for 25nl after yesterdays loss, so its back to 10nl for me.  Starting a session now, and I've just said to pleno in skype....

Two lines

- raise, bet, bet, bet... - for value/ semi bluff when we rep 15+ value combos

- raise, cbet/fold - when we don't has de nutz

= win @ internet poker.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 15, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »

The sentence 'dOnt run before you can walk' springs to mind with John. He can potentially be a good 50nl player but the basics absolutely have tO come first.

I don't post in here very often but am a regular spectator. Completely agree with Pat here. John you're obviously very passionate and you have a great attitude towards the game; and what is very evident is that in future you will have some great ideas about the game. But please please please just get to a good place before you get too creative. The micros are boring mate; but crush them with perseverance. Would love to see you go far.

thanks Sean.

Thanks a lot mate.

All I can say is I'm trying, and listening despite not being one of my strongest points is something I'm only getting better at!

I know Pat is right, all I've said is its hard to see, and that in my small sample I have/ haven't seen some of the things he tells me are 'standard'.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 15, 2012, 05:41:21 PM »

thanks Sean.

Thanks a lot mate.

All I can say is I'm trying, and listening despite not being one of my strongest points is something I'm only getting better at!

I know Pat is right, all I've said is its hard to see, and that in my small sample I have/ haven't seen some of the things he tells me are 'standard'.

He may be a little disassociated from the games but i doubt any of his advice is bad. Instead of getting frustrated, get grinding and show him just how well you can play. We are of very similar ability in my mind, and I've started to play a little more cash, but your super focused on very specific combinations and exploiting weaknesses in ranges and doing things that just don't need to be done. Sometimes its just a case of getting super ABC and instead of thinking, christ, he reps narrow here, think, LOL mbn fishy etc, because despite it being seemingly unlikely that they got there, they probably did Smiley Posted here cos it would have come across soooooooo gay over skype. GL today sir, I'm playing later so probs get some chat going x

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 15, 2012, 05:44:48 PM »

The 1010hands are absolute trainwreck hands.

Ask 100 players and f ou can find 5. Who agree with nth lines il give 400 pound to charity of your choice.

I think you're being massively hypercritical here, and in general with John, you are. In pha today you posted some hands one of which was you flopping a straight with A5 and the guy bets like 80 into 150 and you shove for 2900. The other you're talking about 3betting to induce with 44 on 822hhx.

Every player that commented so far has said they hate both lines you've taken and that at best case scenario it's "not terrible".

Same with other hands you've posted in the past (the T5o hand lingers in the memory!).

Yet despite everyone's advice, reasons and comments you still think that they're good plays. Making comments like "yeh I've thought about this a lot and I still really like my line". It's a really common theme. You post hand where you take ridiculous line. Everyone slates you for it. You conclude thread by saying "I think it's fine".

You and John are so similar, you're more mature and further "down the line", but you're really similar.

Pretty sure John is the sort of character that can handle criticisms like this on the chin, and would prefer it to pussy footing around. I can see his frustration and perhaps Pat is harsh, but John (should) know its just because Pat wants the best for him.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 15, 2012, 07:59:04 PM »

I only like to discuss hands with people who are prepared to fight for their opinions.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 15, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »

Ask 100 players and f ou can find 5. Who agree with nth lines il give 400 pound to charity of your choice.

I think you're being massively hypercritical here, and in general with John, you are. In pha today you posted some hands one of which was you flopping a straight with A5 and the guy bets like 80 into 150 and you shove for 2900. The other you're talking about 3betting to induce with 44 on 822hhx.

Every player that commented so far has said they hate both lines you've taken and that at best case scenario it's "not terrible".

Same with other hands you've posted in the past (the T5o hand lingers in the memory!).

Yet despite everyone's advice, reasons and comments you still think that they're good plays. Making comments like "yeh I've thought about this a lot and I still really like my line". It's a really common theme. You post hand where you take ridiculous line. Everyone slates you for it. You conclude thread by saying "I think it's fine".

You and John are so similar, you're more mature and further "down the line", but you're really similar.

Pretty sure John is the sort of character that can handle criticisms like this on the chin, and would prefer it to pussy footing around. I can see his frustration and perhaps Pat is harsh, but John (should) know its just because Pat wants the best for him.

This.. however a pat on the back for "how far you've come" would be nice somedays tbh.  Esp when its now like 1 hand in a thousand that is headexplode bad.

I only like to discuss hands with people who are prepared to fight for their opinions.

I do my best, but its hard to fight when ive only played 110/120k hands compared with you guys in the millions.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 15, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »

Just a bunch of hands for discussion...

- http://wt.ag/NaLEZE
not sure about this.. i guess he should have flushes some % of the time.. might be terrible, really unsure.  In the past in this spot I've raised Qx flushes and so on and i accept that would be bad but with  idk.

- http://wt.ag/NaLYHT
happens sometimes...  tyty

- http://wt.ag/NBEhoi
don't like this, i remember having a discussion about donk bets with a lot of people over the last few months.. and fwiw i remember most people saying that until you 'know' its strong you treat it like random hands/ junk as most people have that.  So in this case i guess we expect them to have 10x a lot. 
I prefer being overly cautious to donks @ these stakes but i have seen some really random stuff sometimes.

- http://wt.ag/NaMoOv
I personally like this, obv wanted to get it in on the flop, and since I had a super similar hand yesterday with 95o and Pat said turn woulda been a fold, in this hand I was cf to >1/2pot turn bet.

- http://wt.ag/NaMB4m
50c pls.

Other than that nothing special happened, we just lost most of the big pre flop all ins which is why we lost 2bi's but should have finished even. Meh..

More hands pls!

Off to chillout with Charlene for a bit as I'm sure she's feeling a little dejected, gotta make her feel like the princess she is! She deserves it!

(probably put a few more hands in later though).

laters!

ALSO - ANYONE that wants to skype/ teamviewer or do some online chatting/ analysis of hands, you're more than welcome.  Just ADD me on skype and quote this blog so i know who you are.

skype name - john.black.grinder

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 15, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »

ATs...at these stakes maybe this is fine I have no idea, in general this is defo not a jam though imo

AT, seems very bad, its 3handed, limp/call UTG sets always possible unless he's playin like 65/4 or something where he'll have loads of T9's and the like, unless he's super LP I think jamming is the nut low line. If you had some reads on him postflop then you could defo start r/calling AT here, you cant invent those type of dynamics though, they need to genuinely exist. If you wanna raise make it $3.33 nd punish T8o only just re-read and he pots it as well, this has to be mega strong here surely?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 15, 2012, 09:12:09 PM »

K2dd hand really don't like squeezing it from the SB over a limp, would be a fine spot to sqeeze vs a btn open for sure but once he limps the btn he is NEVER folding and that really does damage the plays equity quite a bit (when we 3bet we make a lot of money from his folds) post flop seems fine, maybe bigger OTR IDK also please please please tell me the very first thing you did after this hand was over was to insta-note that the guy has limp/called the btn with AKo. These are the types of guys we want to be IP vs because you can really bang them about.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 15, 2012, 09:28:52 PM »

This.. however a pat on the back for "how far you've come" would be nice somedays tbh.  Esp when its now like 1 hand in a thousand that is headexplode bad.

with the very greatest of respect John, I do like you. But how far exactly do you think you have come? I think the plays are still from the "old" John and you have reguarly hit stop losses and failed to beat a very passive limit.

Hope doesn't sound too harsh, if you play 25k hands super solid and win at 1bb I will be proudest father in world and will even buy you a card saying well done

xxxxx

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 15, 2012, 09:49:15 PM »

All the hands you just posted are pretty reasonable mate. Maybe not 100% optimal but def fine and resembling a winner at those stakes. Build on that!
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:54 PM »

Thanks fellas.

with the very greatest of respect John, I do like you. But how far exactly do you think you have come? I think the plays are still from the "old" John and you have reguarly hit stop losses and failed to beat a very passive limit.
Hope doesn't sound too harsh, if you play 25k hands super solid and win at 1bb I will be proudest father in world and will even buy you a card saying well done
xxxxx

It does sound kinda harsh mate, but I honestly think I've come a LONG way considering my play at the start of the staking and play now.  I might still do some 'simple' things now and again but cast your mind back to 20 or 30 pages ago or where ever it is and look at those first hands posted.  For a start there were random  100bb bluff hands which just doesn't happen anymore at all, then there was a bunch of pretty terribad river bets with third pair top kicker for value... err good one john.

Also, I've definitely won @ greater than 1bb/100 over the last 20k hand sample, but I will continue to play here @ 10nl for another 23k hands (2k today) and we'll see where I end up.. deal?

I know i 'need' the harshness, but definitely softening it every now and then wouldn't hurt.
tbh, that's why I've been SUPER eager to get a session with you, even sweating so we can discuss things.  But I've had one session with you sweating since the start, and its hard to show you all the 'small' good decisions i now make as standard as a direct result of your instruction/ guidance or input.
I'll just list a few

- min raising button
- solid preflop ranges from agreed positions with slight alterations for player tendancies
- 3bt polarising ranges vs 4borfold people
- 3bt depolarised vs fish and regs who call OOP too much
- bet bet bet with tptk or better, but not value towning myself with worse otr
- folding to frustrating but obvious value lines (i.e. ckminr flop or ckminr turn vs my tpgk)

as well as a lack/ complete banishment on the random 100bb 3/4bt pre and bomb bomb bomb any runout cos "it'll work innit".

I should and do thank you for a lot so far, but as you can all see, im pretty hungry and want more!   Mainly because I see <100nl as weak and believe I can get there this year so I want to prove myself by doing it.

Irrelevant of the actual $$ in play, it's just enthusiasm.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 15, 2012, 10:52:57 PM »

not sure about this.. i guess he should have flushes some % of the time.. might be terrible, really unsure.  In the past in this spot I've raised Qx flushes and so on and i accept that would be bad but with  idk.

don't like this, i remember having a discussion about donk bets with a lot of people over the last few months.. and fwiw i remember most people saying that until you 'know' its strong you treat it like random hands/ junk as most people have that.  So in this case i guess we expect them to have 10x a lot. 
I prefer being overly cautious to donks @ these stakes but i have seen some really random stuff sometimes.

I personally like this, obv wanted to get it in on the flop, and since I had a super similar hand yesterday with 95o and Pat said turn woulda been a fold, in this hand I was cf to >1/2pot turn bet.

50c pls.

Other than that nothing special happened, we just lost most of the big pre flop all ins which is why we lost 2bi's but should have finished even. Meh..

More hands pls!

Off to chillout with Charlene for a bit as I'm sure she's feeling a little dejected, gotta make her feel like the princess she is! She deserves it!

laters!

ALSO - ANYONE that wants to skype/ teamviewer or do some online chatting/ analysis of hands, you're more than welcome.  Just ADD me on skype and quote this blog so i know who you are.

asides from the k2 which is bad, the rest are very good/std value lines.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 15, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »

50c pls.

More hands pls!

laters!

asides from the k2 which is bad, the rest are very good/std value lines.

Really? Cool. Ways in the K2 hand?

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: