blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:02:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476162 times)
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: July 08, 2014, 08:44:30 PM »

Where the hell you been? was about to bump the dairy and suddenly there you are teasing us with "updates". Missing this dairy to the core!! come on!!
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: July 08, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »

Where the hell you been? was about to bump the dairy and suddenly there you are teasing us with "updates". Missing this dairy to the core!! come on!!

oi fucking oiiiiii

Ma mannnnnn

Yeah, thanks guys... I'll upgrade this to an "I will be doing an update!"

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: July 09, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »

So…. It’s been a little while, quite a lot has happened in poker and life.  Much of it too personal for here, but needless to say in every aspect of life I have had ups and downs over the past 10months.  Much of it caused by either my direct actions in recent or distant past and most of it my own fault.  That isn’t to say that “I was asking for it”, more that certain behaviors when compiled can only eventually end up in a mess of one sort or another.  I am certainly not the first or last young man to suffer from his own actions and I hope that I have cemented into myself the positives that come from a bit of my own medicine.

On the bright side I have managed to survive relatively unscathed physically and financially which is a huge plus.  I am healthy and although not in the best shape of my life it is improving as I have returned to tennis and am using my road bike occasionally.

On a more related note – I have been playing live pokers, a lot.

Here are some highlights for you:

-          Over 202 sessions with a total poker time is 37 days 13 hours and 6 minutes (since 5th Sept 2013)........  I am winning

-          Best location has been Aspers Stratford (smaller sample and skewed by a Fri night MTT win there for £2.1k)

-          Best game has been 0.50/1 despite regularly playing £1/2 and recently taking small shots at bigger

-          Best game type is Omaha – LoL definitely skewed by a few sessions only where I think I won in all

-          I have been £0 to -£3k and back to £0 again 3x since September

-          I have recently lost 3x £1k+ pots with a set vs bare FD, these have all been in my top10 biggest pots

-          I have recently lost 1x £2.7k pot with JJ in £5/10 on 864J3 rainbow vs the one and only Sunil Mistri, who was the pre flop raiser (biggest pot ever, but I enjoyed myself)

-          My own improvement was a little stagnant at the start of the year, but is now back to slowly climbing.  It’s very rare in recent times that I finish a session and look back on the session to see I made a clear, gaping and unexplainable bluff/ move.

-          A lot more patience and a little focus on putting in good hours instead of lots of hours has meant a lot more B+ and A game territory, even vs new opponents.

I am going to get back on pokerstars and continue my climb through 50nl into 100nl, any and all help from grinders would be great.

I have a new car, luckily a friend who upgraded his MR2 v3 to a Lotus Elise let me have the MR2 for a good price.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: July 10, 2014, 10:41:59 AM »

It's everything I dreamed off Smiley

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: July 10, 2014, 12:16:58 PM »

It's everything I dreamed off Smiley

Lol cheeky sod. I'll try and sort out a selection of pics to help illustrate the last year or so..

Had a pretty awesome work trip to Lithuania, Budapest, Prague and Belgrade so have some fun ones there.

Managed to get into a very exclusive night club in Manchester with some friends and didn't stay inside for long.. Lost a phone and that ended messily too...

Played some live pokers last night and managed to play the majority of hands very well. Three of which we probably would have gotten all in if only played slightly stronger.. All worth the all in, all would have lost.
#dodgingbullets

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: July 24, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »

It's going to sound a little strange but one of the things I've always been guilty of with poker is trying too hard and trying to put in too many hours.

Something I am slowly getting into my head is that a good and rested amount of time when completely focusing is so much more effective and profitable than trying to push and squeeze in as many hours as possible when on an Ipad or phone or suchlike...

I've had a fantastic 8 weeks or so, taking two low stakes live mtt's down and playing as well as I can in the majority of cash games.  I've had a few big pots hold which always helps, but managed to get some bluffs through when I've tried (think I'm targeting them better) and managed to get paid in some situations where I know that I always have it.  But I'm JOHN BLACK.... they have to see..... Cheesy

ElkE
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: October 13, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »

You need to elaborate here Pops.

2) Always bet big when you can.

not what i use to do, but i noticed that there are people who play guided by this rule
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: April 06, 2015, 10:22:59 PM »

Congrats to John on his two FTs at APAT Worlds and his crushing win and bracelet in the WCOAP Cash Game Championship Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: April 06, 2015, 10:23:28 PM »

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: April 07, 2015, 01:58:47 AM »

Thanks guys, pretty fun time this week with a lot to report as such....

I'll just tease for now with a hh guessing game.

We are deep into the cash game championship final table and the objective is to finish with the most chips, even though they are real live money's too...

We have been really going after the win from hand one and through some blasting have gone up and down from our £615.50 chip lead starting stack.

We are 20 mins from the end and have just sealed the big double up to 750 that now really puts us into contention, we are about £75 behind the leader.

We open pre with xx, the guy with the lead folds (has been doing this since he got it in order to protect his lead), called by a cautious tight player, folds around and hu.

Flop
A93r

We cbet £12, same as our preflop raise and seeing as how we are playing 8/10 hands it's not a surprise.

Called.

Turn
9o
we bet 26 and he quickly calls....

River
we put him all in for his 200 stack and have a little banter about the whole thing.... I point out to him that there is enough in there I don't need him to call, please fold and I go level.  If you call and lose you give me the bracelet..... and well, of you call and win the dream is over.  It's ok, youre winning a lot already, keep your 200.

He isn't really responding....

I turn over the .

There's easily 30 or more people surrounding the table, it's 5 handed now and the TD comes over to administer a penalty.

He can't stop staring at the .

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: April 07, 2015, 02:26:25 AM »

Congrats to John on his two FTs at APAT Worlds and his crushing win and bracelet in the WCOAP Cash Game Championship Smiley

Thanks, I don't think we meto while I was down... but I had a great time and although I lost hu to my friend Antony Wickert in the shootout, the hardest part was that we agreed 2nd place got £0.

1000 for first plus the 690 for second.
I had him down to 4 bb 2x and all in for his tournament life 3 times behind (2 flips and a 60/40) but he turned the tables and found some strong hands in quick succession to take the win.

Smiley

Next time!!!

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: April 07, 2015, 05:36:32 PM »

After another minute or so and the guy calls, we turn over the .  He has AQo.

I wouldn't normally try so hard to get the call, but I didn't have another opportunity I could wait for.  And I wasn't ready to surrender what I wanted so much, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.  Not from this guy.

But I just knew, I was sure... Some chat and a little showmanship, and he wouldn't be able to resist.  What I later find out is that the previous night he had won around £350 in his first hand of a £1/2 and he felt more than up enough for the weekend.

This hand took me over the top, but I wasn't prepared to sit out the last 4 hands and let them make something happen.
I raised each of the last four hands to £20 pre, blind.  And c bet boards that were good for £50.  Unbeknownst to them I actually had   on the first   board (gl winning that pot from me) and made tpgk on the second dry flop.  Now we're further ahead....

Virtually uncatchable... but I wasn't willing to risk it.

Final hand I have over £1000 with second having 600ish and 3rd around 250, with 4th having just more than 200.

I open   to 20 and they all call.

Flop  
We check, with a plan of taking off if necessary in order to force a fold from seat 2.

He bets 40 having seen one card, fold from 4th (we now don't have to take off - 2nd can't win if I fold now), then 3rd raises and I fold.

Now the second in chips checks his second card after exposing the he has seen...... The other card is an Ace.

Both of them all in

A3 vs A5.

Turn 5 and we are safe anyways but now he is going to take a hit...... probably.

River is a brick and 3rd doubles up

I had to play virtually every hand, dodge everyone as they kept trying to limp raise trap me.... and both get value when I had it but also to pull the trigger a few times when I knew they didn't have the nuts.

Twice I had someone fold a made hand thinking I had stronger.  Overall I think I played very solid and aware cash game poker with the objective at the forefront of my mind but I think a lot of my manouverability was due to the only real cash reg being the guy on my direct right who actually gave up and left the table after 30 mins when he realised he had the nut worst seat.

☺☺☺

I was so glad to be able to get over the line, it felt hugely validating and enormously satisfying after coming second to a 2 hour Hu battle with my friend for the shootout title two days previously, I had a huge chip lead twice but in my caution to not give him free chips I folded a few 92o and 73ss hands and feel like I was too passive.

Sharplea suggested that I should resurrect this diary and I did enjoy it a lot.... We will see.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:41:22 PM by jgcblack » Logged

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: April 07, 2015, 08:09:17 PM »

Good to have you back JB

Still got the
 Click to see full-size image.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: April 21, 2015, 02:01:43 AM »

I am going to Vegas....... so happy and excited I really can't put it into words.

I have made a live tournament staking thread to peruse any interest there may be.. Please have a look.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65360.0

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: June 21, 2015, 12:11:18 AM »

Not ready for a full Vegas update but needless to say, it is an amazing place....

Had a decent stack in one tournament so far but made a big mistake and it cost me probably my first day 3 appearance.

Last few days we've had some vegas life stuff going on in the house, so railed Deadman to his 2nd place in the $5k 6 max event, so close! He lost a flip to finish it but it was worth 11 mil chips of the 13 in play.  So gutting for him, such a nice guy and have a lot of time for him.

There was a house group outing to a cowboy linedance/ twostep bar the other night and that was a lot of fun,  culminating in a car park 8 way $20 shoe toss using Ryan Spittles huge builders boot.  The staff still around stood to watch the tense finale.

I'm half way though and I've been burned on and off the felt, but we have plenty of time left, let's get this done!

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: