blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 07:43:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 712 713 [714] 715 716 717 718 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13545187 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10695 on: July 19, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »

Like 5 much more than 4.

Purely because I like 10/1 shots better than 3/1 pokes.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: July 19, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »

Surely they must win gold to be a contender? Pendleton isn't even fav for her event.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:23 PM »

A few other female swimmers are in with a decent shout of gold if Rebecca Adlington falters. Keri-Anne Payne the best bet.

As with Pendleton, that is relevant. We aren't likely to see two female cyclists or two female swimmers, unless something really dramatic happens (gold with a WR or two golds).

You have to expect a bit of an extra performance at home, too, so an extra surprise medal (with X-Factor style story "I'm doing this for my sick uncle's goldfish, who taught me to ride a bike") could see an entry no one expected in the shortlist. This makespicking someone who might not get in on personality alone (as...ahem...Ennis might) a dangerous game.

The bet works because we aren't choosing the four women, of course, just how many of them there will be.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bertpup

View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: July 19, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »

A few other female swimmers are in with a decent shout of gold if Rebecca Adlington falters. Keri-Anne Payne the best bet.

As with Pendleton, that is relevant. We aren't likely to see two female cyclists or two female swimmers, unless something really dramatic happens (gold with a WR or two golds).

You have to expect a bit of an extra performance at home, too, so an extra surprise medal (with X-Factor style story "I'm doing this for my sick uncle's goldfish, who taught me to ride a bike") could see an entry no one expected in the shortlist. This makespicking someone who might not get in on personality alone (as...ahem...Ennis might) a dangerous game.

The bet works because we aren't choosing the four women, of course, just how many of them there will be.

In 2008 there were two female cyclists nominated Rebecca Romero and Nicole Cooke.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: July 19, 2012, 10:20:15 PM »

In 2008 there were two female cyclists nominated Rebecca Romero and Nicole Cooke.

That is true. However, Cooke was a big deal because it was 1. The road race that she won and we don't do well in it normally and 2. She is Welsh. Romero was a big deal because she won her second Olympic medal, having won in the skulls rowing in 2004.

It has to be something special to make the cut.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »

S.o.d. gone back to forest

yes i do feel pretty sick after suggesting to a friend last week it wouldnt be the biggest surprise ever

did i back him? did i heck Sad
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: July 19, 2012, 11:06:38 PM »

About time I got one through

King George Saturday

Danedream (10/1 with Boylesports and Betfair)

In last year's arc, she faced a field containing So You Think (multiple gr 1 winner), St Nicholas Abbey (winner breeders cup turf winner), Snow Fairy (multiple gr 1 winner), Sarafina (multiple Gr 1 winner) and a series of other group one winners.  Before the race this looked like a very strong Arc.  

She won by 5 lengths,  which matches the distances of Hellisio and Peintre celebre and is only beaten by Ribot, the great Sea Bird and Sakhee (6 lenghts)

This wasn't a one off, she was improving all season, and had smashed up her rivals in the two races prior to the Arc too.  The only blot in this story of improvement was a defeat at Saint Cloud.

in her last race, she trailed in last at Saint Cloud.

There is nothing on form between the first 3 in the betting (St Nicholas Abbey, Nathaniel and Sea Moon), abnd  were all rated 126 to 127 last season bu Timeform.  I don't think you can convincingly argue that any has definitely improved this season (two have a line through Red Cadeaux, rated 121 last season), and nathaniel just beat a hard to rate improving Farrh and a declining Twice Over (rated 128 last season).

The fourth favourite Dunaden was rated 124, and hasn't done enough to show beetter than that, as was beaten well enough by Sea Moon.  He may have been unlucky in that race, but not enough to be rated higher than the 3 above him in the betting.

Back to Danedream.

Her rating last year was 132.  As a filly, she gets a 5 lb alowance, so on last year's form she is 10 lbs clear of all the 4 horses above her in the betting.  If she can get close to that she wins.

Why isn't she favourite?  You can argue she may not have trained on (though she won her first race cosy enough); she is small; she carries a lot more weight as a 4 year old (like Sea Moon and Nathaniel don't!) you can point to the Saint Cloud failure; you can point to her rivals good form this year.

But I think it is mostly down to the fact that she is a German filly, and German horses tend to be rubbish.  In addition, a lot of people probably assume last year's Arc was some kind of fluke (my immediate thought when I watched the race), but the whole field can't have run below form.  They have probably never looked at her lead up to the Arc, given it was a bunch of races far from our shores.  

And if you don't back that, Deep Brillante is probably underated in the betting too.  3 year olds get a lot of weight, and it is a long time since Japanese horses were rubbish.

Good luck

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: July 19, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »

yes i do feel pretty sick after suggesting to a friend last week it wouldnt be the biggest surprise ever

Backed him at 25/1 to get the job last year.

Instead they paid Pompey money for a manager they were about to sack.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: July 19, 2012, 11:12:08 PM »

Backed him at 25/1 to get the job last year.

Instead they paid Pompey money for a manager they were about to sack.

sickening

have spent a lot of the last few months telling anybody who will listen how brilliant he is

good luck to him
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: July 19, 2012, 11:13:38 PM »

That is true. However, Cooke was a big deal because it was 1. The road race that she won and we don't do well in it normally and 2. She is Welsh. Romero was a big deal because she won her second Olympic medal, having won in the skulls rowing in 2004.

Think you are probably selling Nicole Cooke short. She was only World Champion in 2008 too, and had won both the 2006 and 2007 women's tour de france.  She was probably equivalent to a certain Bradley Wiggins in Women's cycling at the time.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: July 19, 2012, 11:20:30 PM »

Think you are probably selling Nicole Cooke short. She was only World Champion in 2008 too, and had won both the 2006 and 2007 women's tour de france.  She was probably equivalent to a certain Bradley Wiggins in Women's cycling at the time.  

Cheerfully conceded, although it was probably the Olympic performance that got her into the final 10. The point I am making is there will probably need to be more than a good performance to make the cut.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: July 20, 2012, 12:10:36 AM »

King George Saturday

In last year's arc, she faced a field containing So You Think (multiple gr 1 winner), St Nicholas Abbey (winner breeders cup turf winner), Snow Fairy (multiple gr 1 winner), Sarafina (multiple Gr 1 winner) and a series of other group one winners.  Before the race this looked like a very strong Arc.  

She won by 5 lengths,  which matches the distances of Hellisio and Peintre celebre and is only beaten by Ribot, the great Sea Bird and Sakhee (6 lenghts)

This wasn't a one off, she was improving all season, and had smashed up her rivals in the two races prior to the Arc too.  The only blot in this story of improvement was a defeat at Saint Cloud.

There is nothing on form between the first 3 in the betting (St Nicholas Abbey, Nathaniel and Sea Moon), abnd  were all rated 126 to 127 last season bu Timeform.  I don't think you can convincingly argue that any has definitely improved this season (two have a line through Red Cadeaux, rated 121 last season), and nathaniel just beat a hard to rate improving Farrh and a declining Twice Over (rated 128 last season).

The fourth favourite Dunaden was rated 124, and hasn't done enough to show beetter than that, as was beaten well enough by Sea Moon.  He may have been unlucky in that race, but not enough to be rated higher than the 3 above him in the betting.

Back to Danedream.

Her rating last year was 132.  As a filly, she gets a 5 lb alowance, so on last year's form she is 10 lbs clear of all the 4 horses above her in the betting.  If she can get close to that she wins.

Why isn't she favourite?  You can argue she may not have trained on (though she won her first race cosy enough); she is small; she carries a lot more weight as a 4 year old (like Sea Moon and Nathaniel don't!) you can point to the Saint Cloud failure; you can point to her rivals good form this year.

But I think it is mostly down to the fact that she is a German filly, and German horses tend to be rubbish.  In addition, a lot of people probably assume last year's Arc was some kind of fluke (my immediate thought when I watched the race), but the whole field can't have run below form.  They have probably never looked at her lead up to the Arc, given it was a bunch of races far from our shores.  

And if you don't back that, Deep Brillante is probably underated in the betting too.  3 year olds get a lot of weight, and it is a long time since Japanese horses were rubbish.

Good luck

Good post.

I'm in the Dunaden camp myself. I think he was that unlucky lto and given a shocker of a ride by Lemaire.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: July 20, 2012, 03:05:01 AM »

King George Saturday

Back to Danedream.

Good luck

Good post.

I'm in the Dunaden camp myself. I think he was that unlucky lto and given a shocker of a ride by Lemaire.

Agree Lemaire gave him a tez ride.

But they were cheap gains after the race was over.

Can't see him beating Sea Moon.

If I had to put my life on the race, I'd pick Nathaniel, but at the prices, I'm with Doobs

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10708 on: July 20, 2012, 06:03:33 AM »

Daily Summary, as @ 06:00, Friday July 20th

LOSS on Month = £22.50

Unsettled Bets = £451.50

The unsettled bets will be carried forward into August's accounts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc#gid=9

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10709 on: July 20, 2012, 06:05:34 AM »

Daily Report, as @ 06:00, Friday July 20th

The Open started with a calm day that led to some good scoring; unfortunately none of it by our horses. Somehow Fred hasn't backed 3G (Nicolas Colsaerts) who is one shot off the lead. That was a bad oversight. Adam Scott leads on -6. Our closest runner for first round leader was five shots behind despite a promising start by Jeev Milkha Singh. They were all at least 100/1 shots so it was to be expected.
Our bets for overall winner (all each-way), Fowler, Furyk and Lehman are all over par but it's early days.

The Test Series started with a solid performance by England. They are 267/3 overnight. There was a full day's play despite a 15 minute late start due to rain. Our man Hashim Amla is likely to get to the crease sometime today.  The much vaunted South African bowling attack looked fairly ordinary on a placid pitch that looked as if it will provide assistance for spin as the game progresses.

We had some discussion about the number of women who may be nominated for SPOTY but no bet as yet.

We also had some discussion about horses which will probably lead to a bet.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 712 713 [714] 715 716 717 718 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: