blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:45:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7226 7227 7228 7229 [7230] 7231 7232 7233 7234 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13579514 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #108435 on: October 26, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »

got chances?

BAGS Track Championship Winner   newcastle   4/1   200            £100 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4
BAGS Track Championship Winner   newcastle   4/1   100            £50 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4
BAGS Track Championship Winner   newcastle   4/1   50            £25 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4

Virtually certain to be in the final.  Probably a 2/1 shot now.  The ew part at evens is probably a 1/4 shot now.

http://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/ante-post/bags-track-championship/winner
http://www.bagsracing.com/the-north.html

1/7 to win their group (probably 1/20 to reach the final).  They will probably still get through as a highest scoring loser in 2nd even if they don't win their group as they currently have the highest points total of any track as it currently stands. (4 group winners go through alongside the 2 highest scoring losers).  Several of the early fav's are not certain to get through like Newcastle are either so will be very hard for Newcastle to not top 4 in the final the week before xmas.

Given the above if anyone isn't involved already i would still recommend a decent bet ew at 9/4 1/4 1,2,3,4.  You are getting a spot of value on the win and 4/7 about the place.  I would be having a decent bet at 4/7 place only if i could get it on them finishing in the top 4 of 6 in the final.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:17:52 PM by arbboy » Logged
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #108436 on: October 26, 2015, 05:51:11 PM »

I know you guys may have bought the McLaren/Force India points bets at different positions, so here's my updated estimate of how many points they'll get at the remaining races:

Currently / Mexico / Brazil / Abu Dhabi / Total
Force India         102         12        20          4           138
McLaren              27          0          4           1            32

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #108437 on: October 26, 2015, 06:29:45 PM »

Done quite a bit of reading on the Chesterfield forums as of late (fun life i know)

The general consensus is they still think Saunders is useless and that they have been incredibly fortunate on many occasions to nick wins. (This was still the main view even before the heavy defeat at the weekend after 2 straight wins).

The squad itself is not that bad and is probably a lower mid table one at worst. Not the strongest depth though and the Saunders effect can still really click in.

I also note one of the "expected goals" people on Twitter tells me on his League One ratings they "should" be second bottom above the hapless Crewe.

I would caution that slightly by suggesting League One this year is even more full of very very evenly matched teams than ever and minuscule margins could decide this and the other bets over one season more than ever.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #108438 on: October 26, 2015, 06:39:19 PM »

Don't think I've ever seen a worse team at London Road than Doncaster, including non-leaguers in the FA Cup. It could so easily have been double-figures on another day.

Their midfield is Dad's Army stuff, while the unlikeable Chaplow had a bust-up with Fergie while he was at Preston. Would happily take the likes of Blackpool and Fleetwood against them in match bets.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #108439 on: October 26, 2015, 06:58:44 PM »

Also been doing a lot of Breeders Cup reading hopefully post some more views/suggestions later in the week.

For the meantime sometimes pays to make an obvious bet.

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/international/breeders-cup-turf/winner

Not going to argue that on form the front two are priced correctly.

However Golden Horn has just drawn 1 which is against the rail on the turf track (very poor stats) Obviously has to be factored in that 99.99% of horses who made up this stat would not beat Golden Horn with a 8 length start but even so it is a small negative.

This also caught my eye.

As it says hard to be sure but even the soft side of good is a positive for Found and anymore than that a bigger one. No chance Golden Horn will not run even if they get the lot as already arrived.

12 horse field and the betting tells us at most this should be a 4 horse race.

None of the American turf horses have big profiles/followings so doubt the American Tote prices will be any bigger if at all on the front two.

Obviously a pretty good each way spot with 3 places, might get 1/4 odds rather than the 1/5th on Saturday but not going to make a massive amount of difference.

If we get no rain then expect the prices to be similar on Saturday, if we get a lot i expect Found to be nearer 5/2.

Suggest £40 each way Found at 7/2 minimum ( obviously better if the firms yet to re appear go that)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #108440 on: October 26, 2015, 07:30:55 PM »

Some belting long term bets, Fred. Thank you for putting them all together, Tighty.

If anyone is on all of that, you'll be having quite the plump goose this Christmas.

Apart from tikay, who has never seen past the first ten minutes of that film. Here he is supervising spreadsheet maintenance:

Click to see full-size image.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #108441 on: October 26, 2015, 08:07:03 PM »

What are the chances of Arsenal playing a very weakened team tomorrow away to Wednesday in the League Cup?

Hillsborough set to be a sell out and Arsenal are looking like likely title contenders & may need to rest players for the crucial Champions League games. Is there any chance that Arsene decides to play a weakened side or maybe even worse? I can see the League Cup being the last thing they need.

Wednesday could be a bet at 7/1, because, it's surely a likely weakened Arsenal side regardless?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #108442 on: October 26, 2015, 08:59:04 PM »

What are the chances of Arsenal playing a very weakened team tomorrow away to Wednesday in the League Cup?

Hillsborough set to be a sell out and Arsenal are looking like likely title contenders & may need to rest players for the crucial Champions League games. Is there any chance that Arsene decides to play a weakened side or maybe even worse? I can see the League Cup being the last thing they need.

Wednesday could be a bet at 7/1, because, it's surely a likely weakened Arsenal side regardless?

Wenger has traditionally picked 'weakened' teams in the League Cup, they have a decent record in it for all that.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #108443 on: October 26, 2015, 09:14:01 PM »

Hills Found well worth taking
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #108444 on: October 26, 2015, 09:36:55 PM »

http://www.skysports.com/racing/news/12040/10044607/heavy-rain-forecast-at-keeneland-for-breeders-cup

Great stuff horsey but Hills are NRMB Rule 4 may apply.

What is that? Non Runner Money Back?

Same deal with 365. NRNB, Rule 4 may apply.

Anyone still got ante-post rules up?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #108445 on: October 26, 2015, 10:17:40 PM »

Agreed Aaron 7/1 seems very reasonable although we do know that Cech is playing, other than him I expect a lot of our kidz to be in the starting eleven.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #108446 on: October 26, 2015, 10:36:40 PM »

Agreed Aaron 7/1 seems very reasonable although we do know that Cech is playing, other than him I expect a lot of our kidz to be in the starting eleven.

7/1 looks tempting Aaron, I'd want to see both teams first, as we (Wednesday) have not played our strongest team in this competition either and our manager seems to like squad rotation - remember too this is our 4th game in 10 days.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #108447 on: October 26, 2015, 11:12:34 PM »

7/1 looks tempting Aaron, I'd want to see both teams first, as we (Wednesday) have not played our strongest team in this competition either and our manager seems to like squad rotation - remember too this is our 4th game in 10 days.

Just watched an interview with Carlos Carvalhal and he confirmed he will be starting with our very young reserve keeper, Joe Wildsmith and not Keiran Westwood who is an excellent keeper.

He also said Forestieri isn't playing either and he has been a really influential player since signing from Watford.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #108448 on: October 26, 2015, 11:36:56 PM »

Let me tell y'all something for free. Wednesday can't beat arsenal if we send out any 11 of our first team squad. We're talking about arsenal here..not West Bromwich or summat

sola virtus nobilitat
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #108449 on: October 27, 2015, 12:10:53 AM »

Let me tell y'all something for free. Wednesday can't beat arsenal if we send out any 11 of our first team squad. We're talking about arsenal here..not West Bromwich or summat

Or Newcastle 

Pages: 1 ... 7226 7227 7228 7229 [7230] 7231 7232 7233 7234 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: