blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:06:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8483 8484 8485 8486 [8487] 8488 8489 8490 8491 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13448642 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #127290 on: April 17, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »

I remember Bobby1 - remember him? - flagging up Luca Brecel as a snooker player to watch a few years ago.

If he played better position he could be a world-beater.

Phil usually goes to a few sessions of the World Snooker, and I've been trying to spot him in the audience, but not seen him yet.

After 30 years of saying "I'm definitely going to the Crucible next year" and not doing it, I've finally got my arse into gear and got tickets for me and Jake next weekend.

Cannot wait!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #127291 on: April 17, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »

What do we think of Marine Le Pen winning the French Presidency @ 7/2?
https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/european-politics/french-election/next-president
Just like Trump and Brexit, it just can't happen (!) but voter disillusionment with establishment politics, a high unemployment rate (particularly among the youth), terrorist attacks, immigration questions all play into her hands, surely?
Tighty?

I'd say there is a good chance of her winning the first round due to the factors that you describe and the vote is split amongst the establishment candidates.

She is odds on.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/european-politics/french-election/first-round-vote-winner

Then there is a head to head run off where the vast majority of the establishment voters will switch their vote to the last mainstream candidate (probably Macron) and and band together to stop Le Pen and she will lose the heads up like her father in 2002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_presidential_election,_2002

I have no idea how to put a price on it but 7/2 seems pretty short for what would be a shock political event. If anything, after Trump and Brexit I would say there would be likely an overreaction in the betting prices of shock political events due to recency bias - indeed I believe recall this was discussed before the Stoke by election on a thread here...

Yes, I understand the system and I know the theory behind, "all the remainder will vote anti Le Pen" in the run off. But Trump won, at least partly, because Clinton was such a bad candidate. The same applies in France. The main 2 opponents have their own issues.
Macron has never held elected office, he doesn't really stand for anything. Fillon has the corruption stuff hanging over him.

Regarding Le Pen snr, he was never a runner in 2002, the landscape wasn't right. We were still in the economic boom and extremists never get in during the 'good times'. Also he was never astute enough politically. Marine presents the 'gentler' side of fascism Smiley

I had a French friend stay with me last weekend. She doesn't want Le Pen at all but she thinks it could be very, very close.

Nate Silver posted just now about it. But it seems he is suspicious about the data

Click to see full-size image.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/853998602754158592

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/853999400535941120

The thing about Le Pen's numbers are that they are likely under counted imo. The 'shy' voter being polled. Who wants to admit to voting for a fascist? They'll do it but they won't admit it!

FWIW I've had my winnings from Trump on Le Pen.

A fascist roll up if you like.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #127292 on: April 18, 2017, 03:10:52 AM »

Remember this bad boy when hitting Pyramids up around the millennium Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127293 on: April 18, 2017, 09:31:18 AM »

Marco Phew

back from 7-1 down to win 10-9 to take us into the next round, where Neil Robertson is his likely opponent

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127294 on: April 18, 2017, 09:33:36 AM »

all going well in the IPL

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127295 on: April 18, 2017, 09:35:28 AM »

TfT dayout to the Amex next season please....

road trip!

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #127296 on: April 18, 2017, 10:06:18 AM »

Didn't realise quite how much Mr Bloom is worth.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/inside-story-star-lizard-tony-bloom-2016-2

Look at that, a poker player who isn't busto!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #127297 on: April 18, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »

I remember Bobby1 - remember him? - flagging up Luca Brecel as a snooker player to watch a few years ago.

Phil usually goes to a few sessions of the World Snooker, and I've been trying to spot him in the audience, but not seen him yet.

After 30 years of saying "I'm definitely going to the Crucible next year" and not doing it, I've finally got my arse into gear and got tickets for me and Jake next weekend.

Cannot wait!

Me and Trigg had one of the best ladsontour days out you can have a few years back.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #127298 on: April 18, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »

Cannot wait!

Me and Trigg had one of the best ladsontour days out you can have a few years back.

Enjoy Keith.  Was lucky enough to get tickets for the whole final the year betfair sponsored.  Very special place to watch sport.  Unique atmosphere and much much smaller in real life than it looks on the TV. 
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127299 on: April 18, 2017, 12:35:07 PM »

Cannot wait!

I've only been once but find the deadly silence during frames a bit restrictive. I remember going to the Snooker Masters and World Darts within a week or two of each other a few years back and the difference between the two is comical!

Took my (nearly) 7 year old to the Shootout this year and he loved it, but it's much more relaxed on the noise levels (so can discuss the action) and obv shorter matches help for attention span.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127300 on: April 18, 2017, 01:05:49 PM »

Meanwhile, in F1 news;

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129047

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127301 on: April 18, 2017, 01:10:24 PM »

Whilst in football, Harry Redknapp is "not interested in the money".

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harry-redknapp-working-birmingham-city-12907073

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #127302 on: April 18, 2017, 04:24:37 PM »

All the family pets are set for life, what more does he need

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #127303 on: April 18, 2017, 05:47:32 PM »

Incredible scenes at the Amex yesterday as Brighton celebrated promotion to the big league for the first time in a generation..

But for looking at Twitter and Brighton messageboards, it seems the players might have celebrated a bit TOO hard. They were still out partying and drinking well after midnight.

Indeed, someone has posted they had a drink with Knockaert and Dunk in Seafront bar this afternoon!

They play away at Norwich in about 72 hours time and I imagine several of the players will still be suffering the after effects of the exuberance.

Norwich are in the best form they've been in all season (lost one of their last eight) and I expect them to beat the bedraggled Seagulls.

Rec £200 at 6/4 with Paddy Power if you can.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #127304 on: April 18, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »

Done that for Fred, and they let me have the full £200 surprisingly.

Pages: 1 ... 8483 8484 8485 8486 [8487] 8488 8489 8490 8491 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: