blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8498 8499 8500 8501 [8502] 8503 8504 8505 8506 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13439553 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127515 on: April 26, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »

18 months out

bets included £3 on himself FGS

this is with one firm

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127516 on: April 26, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »

Selby was faultless. Once the draw came out and Fu would have to get through Robertson/ Selby and Ronnie/Ding,we were done for

Wilson broke his tip at 3-3. Changed it between sessions at 3-5. Afterwards described the new tip as like "playing snooker with a fruit pastille on the end of the cue"

Lost 13-5, wouldn't have beaten Higgins anyway who spent the sessions with his boot on Wlson's neck in terms of his tough match play and didn't let go

My eyes are open wide
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #127517 on: April 26, 2017, 02:05:22 PM »

18 months out

this is with one firm

Got a 1 match ban for betting in Scotland - doesn't show the SFA in a very good light.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127518 on: April 26, 2017, 02:06:01 PM »

The 2017 royal london one day cup begins on Friday

it has been moved to a block end-april to end may, ahead of the T20 Blast. This introduces an element of variance into betting the event, as weather/no results are likely during May.

two groups of 9, north and south

teams play 8 matches 4 home 4 away

top 4 in each group through to the quarters and so on

The competition will be paused for the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy which will take place during June with the quarter-finals and semi-finals taking place between 13 and 17 June. the final taking at Lords is on 1 July

So, a number of teams can be argued for here including all the big fashionable names with a couple of overseas pros in their ranks

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/royal-london-one-day-cup/winner

14th of the 18 teams in the market are Kent

Kent finished second in their group last year, then lost a close game to Yorkshire in the quarters

A second division side in the LVCC they have won their first three games this season, to sit second just behind Notts. finished 2nd last season unfortunately in a year when only one side was promoted

They have several match winners in white ball cricket,primarily batsmen like Sam Northeast and the veteran Darren Stevens, plus Billings when he comes back from the IPL and a really talented late order hitter in Alex Blake.

Most of these guys are not household names, i would suggest, but they do give Kent a characteristic vital for the format,they can compile and chase big totals.

They also are badly under-rated (as a second division side without a lot of money) in the betting market at 20-1,down with the no hopers

They aren't a no-hoper and i expect this team,many of whom have come through the academy ranks and are maturing together, to win a trophy in the next year or two.

Lets hope its this one

Two of Kent's four away games are against Gloucs and Glamorgan, among the weakest of the south groups. trips to somerset and the ovalwill be tough but the fixtures have fallen on getting Essex, Hants, Middlesex and Sussex at home

Rec £15 e/w Kent RLODC 20-1 Sportingbet e/w 1/2 1,2

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #127519 on: April 26, 2017, 02:30:50 PM »

18 months out

this is with one firm

Got a 1 match ban for betting in Scotland - doesn't show the SFA in a very good light.

Not convinced on this.  18 months is very harsh.  It appears like he barely bet on himself and never against.  It isn't like he is Davydenko. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #127520 on: April 26, 2017, 03:01:04 PM »

18 months out

this is with one firm

Not convinced on this.  18 months is very harsh.  It appears like he barely bet on himself and never against.  It isn't like he is Davydenko. 

BBC article says he admitted to betting against his own team when he wasn't in the matchday squad because he was angry at being dropped...
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127521 on: April 26, 2017, 03:31:15 PM »

All that information is taken from the statement he has made on his own website. He's been very open on there and is going to appear the length of the ban

18 months is very harsh punishment.

http://www.joeybarton.com/betting-statement/

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #127522 on: April 26, 2017, 04:05:20 PM »

Why the fuck would you have £3/£5/£10 bets when you're kicking a ball around for 30k a week? Knowing full well that getting found out could cause harm to your lucrative career.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #127523 on: April 26, 2017, 04:17:22 PM »

Selby was faultless. Once the draw came out and Fu would have to get through Robertson/ Selby and Ronnie/Ding,we were done for

Wilson broke his tip at 3-3. Changed it between sessions at 3-5. Afterwards described the new tip as like "playing snooker with a fruit pastille on the end of the cue"

Lost 13-5, wouldn't have beaten Higgins anyway who spent the sessions with his boot on Wlson's neck in terms of his tough match play and didn't let go

Very unlucky with the tip issue.  Was really looking forward to that game until it happened then it was a non contest.  Amazing these guys don't have a back up cue with a worn in tip ready to go.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #127524 on: April 26, 2017, 04:19:26 PM »

Why the fuck would you have £3/£5/£10 bets when you're kicking a ball around for 30k a week? Knowing full well that getting found out could cause harm to your lucrative career.

Because he can and he doesn't give a fuck and arrogantly thought he would never get caught.  He has spent his whole life doing whatever the fuck he wanted pretty much without a care for the laws of the game.  Seems a pretty clueless punter however.  Shame is wasn't merson/hartson sized bet numbers though.  Would have made much more enjoyable reading.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #127525 on: April 26, 2017, 04:25:23 PM »

Because he can and he doesn't give a fuck and arrogantly thought he would never get caught.  He has spent his whole life doing whatever the fuck he wanted pretty much without a care for the laws of the game.  Seems a pretty clueless punter however.  Shame is wasn't merson/hartson sized bet numbers though.  Would have made much more enjoyable reading.

It still doesnt make sense. I agree he does what the hell he wants etc, but literally can get no thrill out of bets that size with his salary, something doesnt add up.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #127526 on: April 26, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »

Did Ronnie deliberately run out of position on the 147 earlier?  He faked going for the blue earlier in the break to wind the crowd up and kept smiling at Hendry in the comm box throughout the break.  Was a stone cold 147 right from the off and it looked to me like he run out of position on purpose as the shoot was stupidly easy.  He has previous for this and fuming about the mickey mouse prize money for a maximum. It is £5k this year which, imo, is a disgrace for the world championship.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:39:16 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #127527 on: April 26, 2017, 04:26:37 PM »

Because he can and he doesn't give a fuck and arrogantly thought he would never get caught.  He has spent his whole life doing whatever the fuck he wanted pretty much without a care for the laws of the game.  Seems a pretty clueless punter however.  Shame is wasn't merson/hartson sized bet numbers though.  Would have made much more enjoyable reading.

It still doesnt make sense. I agree he does what the hell he wants etc, but literally can get no thrill out of bets that size with his salary, something doesnt add up.

His thrill comes from the chance of getting caught and his ego getting the buzz of getting away with doing stuff he shouldn't be doing.  The actual money itself is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:29:33 PM by arbboy » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #127528 on: April 26, 2017, 04:40:00 PM »

Because he can and he doesn't give a fuck and arrogantly thought he would never get caught.  He has spent his whole life doing whatever the fuck he wanted pretty much without a care for the laws of the game.  Seems a pretty clueless punter however.  Shame is wasn't merson/hartson sized bet numbers though.  Would have made much more enjoyable reading.

His thrill comes from the chance of getting caught and his ego getting the buzz of getting away with doing stuff he shouldn't be doing.  The actual money itself is irrelevant.

Like when he filled in that lad outside Mcdonalds on Christmas eve? Smiley

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127529 on: April 26, 2017, 04:49:10 PM »

The 2017 royal london one day cup begins on Friday

it has been moved to a block end-april to end may, ahead of the T20 Blast. This introduces an element of variance into betting the event, as weather/no results are likely during May.

two groups of 9, north and south

teams play 8 matches 4 home 4 away

top 4 in each group through to the quarters and so on

The competition will be paused for the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy which will take place during June with the quarter-finals and semi-finals taking place between 13 and 17 June. the final taking at Lords is on 1 July

So, a number of teams can be argued for here including all the big fashionable names with a couple of overseas pros in their ranks

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/royal-london-one-day-cup/winner

14th of the 18 teams in the market are Kent

Kent finished second in their group last year, then lost a close game to Yorkshire in the quarters

A second division side in the LVCC they have won their first three games this season, to sit second just behind Notts. finished 2nd last season unfortunately in a year when only one side was promoted

They have several match winners in white ball cricket,primarily batsmen like Sam Northeast and the veteran Darren Stevens, plus Billings when he comes back from the IPL and a really talented late order hitter in Alex Blake.

Most of these guys are not household names, i would suggest, but they do give Kent a characteristic vital for the format,they can compile and chase big totals.

They also are badly under-rated (as a second division side without a lot of money) in the betting market at 20-1,down with the no hopers

They aren't a no-hoper and i expect this team,many of whom have come through the academy ranks and are maturing together, to win a trophy in the next year or two.

Lets hope its this one

Two of Kent's four away games are against Gloucs and Glamorgan, among the weakest of the south groups. trips to somerset and the ovalwill be tough but the fixtures have fallen on getting Essex, Hants, Middlesex and Sussex at home

Rec £15 e/w Kent RLODC 20-1 Sportingbet e/w 1/2 1,2

Yes please Rich, go ahead.

Think we had a deep run in this one last year, did we not?

PS - Is Sporting Bet adequately funded? If not, let me know & I'll sort.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 8498 8499 8500 8501 [8502] 8503 8504 8505 8506 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: