blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:47:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8500 8501 8502 8503 [8504] 8505 8506 8507 8508 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13438795 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127545 on: April 27, 2017, 03:28:06 PM »

What are Edge players?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127546 on: April 27, 2017, 03:29:53 PM »

What are Edge players?

defensive ends, they rush off the "edge" off the formation. quite rare to find good ones (JJ Watt,demarcus ware,von miller etc)

one of the five premium positions to draft (QB,WR, OT, CB,EDGE) and command the biggest NFL salaries usually

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127547 on: April 27, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »

I'm banned up with those momos, unfortunately.

its ok, tikay can get on with 888. don't use them much but so far been good

My eyes are open wide
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #127548 on: April 27, 2017, 04:01:38 PM »

It is the NFL draft tonight. Sadly this is the first time in many years i haven't written up a suite of bets because there have only been a handful of markets offered by UK firms and quite a few big firms none at all

I will put one on here which i think has prices the wrong way round.

The best price is 888 which the thread can use

sky have it too at u3.5 4/9 o3.5 13/8 but not on oddschecker

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/nfl-draft/1st-round-quarterbacks  

I think quite confidently that o3.5 should be odds on

Trubisky could well go number 1 tonight to the Browns (suggestings by in the knows this morning) but shouldn't be picked lower than 10
Watson could go 4 to the Jags but should go top 15

Late in the first round there is a team like the Texans that have a fine team but no QB (still)
A team like the Chiefs isn't too happy with Alex Smith and has a pretty good team aside from that

rookie contracts are 4 years long

if you pick a player in the first round you get an option to keep a player on their rookie deal (cheap,salary cap advantages) for a fifth year. having a good qb on a rookie contract is a HUGE competitive advantage under a salary cap

this is MOST crucial for the quarterback position where young players takea bit oftime to mature,can frequentlyneed to back up a starter for a while

so a team wanting to develop a quarterback will often look to get one early. this includes teams trading back into the first round to a late spot to get that fifth year of eligibility for a QB

So candidates for being picked 20-32 are Pat Mahomes and Davis Webb. Texans Webb maybe, Chiefs  Mahomes but bad teams from last year eg 49ers or Bears or Jets with no solid long term QB solution could well be getting back into the first round for one of these players late tonight

corroboration:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/26/report-davis-webb-could-entice-teams-to-trade-into-late-first-round/

just taking one mock draft this morning, means little in isolation but gives you a flavour of what tonight might look at

Click to see full-size image.

inevitably there will be 5-6trades that mix this up,but you see the shape of it

Recommend: whatever we can get on i am confident, over 3.5 QBs in 1st round of the draft at 7/4 888sport
If teams hold their nerve and go best player cannot see a qb going before the browns at 12.Think you're right though Soon as one comes off the board another three will quickly follow.How about Garrett 1  Trubisky 2 to the browns after a trade with the 49ers
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127549 on: April 27, 2017, 04:21:53 PM »

2 would be a bit rich. possibly 5 to get ahead of the Jets at 6 and send 12 and 33 to the Titans,who would then draft WR and CB at 12,18. Titans going to be a contender this year if they draft well this weekend

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127550 on: April 27, 2017, 04:29:48 PM »

Summary of Joey Barton's betting activity in FA's written reasons for his 18-month ban:

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127551 on: April 27, 2017, 04:31:01 PM »

how good was this man this afternoon?

levels above where he has been before in this championship

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127552 on: April 27, 2017, 04:38:09 PM »

just out

The Year of the QB Reach? on the domino effect if Trubisky goes No. 1

http://trib.al/v5MKd66

"What if the Browns take Trubisky at No. 1? It’s then possible that three quarterbacks go in the top 13 picks—and this could go down as the Year of the QB Reach. Trubisky; reigning national champion Deshaun Watson; and Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes, who visited or worked out for 19 NFL teams this spring, are expected to be the first three quarterbacks taken"

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127553 on: April 27, 2017, 05:11:07 PM »

It is the NFL draft tonight. Sadly this is the first time in many years i haven't written up a suite of bets because there have only been a handful of markets offered by UK firms and quite a few big firms none at all

I will put one on here which i think has prices the wrong way round.

The best price is 888 which the thread can use

sky have it too at u3.5 4/9 o3.5 13/8 but not on oddschecker

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/nfl-draft/1st-round-quarterbacks  

I think quite confidently that o3.5 should be odds on

Trubisky could well go number 1 tonight to the Browns (suggestings by in the knows this morning) but shouldn't be picked lower than 10
Watson could go 4 to the Jags but should go top 15

Late in the first round there is a team like the Texans that have a fine team but no QB (still)
A team like the Chiefs isn't too happy with Alex Smith and has a pretty good team aside from that

rookie contracts are 4 years long

if you pick a player in the first round you get an option to keep a player on their rookie deal (cheap,salary cap advantages) for a fifth year. having a good qb on a rookie contract is a HUGE competitive advantage under a salary cap

this is MOST crucial for the quarterback position where young players takea bit oftime to mature,can frequentlyneed to back up a starter for a while

so a team wanting to develop a quarterback will often look to get one early. this includes teams trading back into the first round to a late spot to get that fifth year of eligibility for a QB

So candidates for being picked 20-32 are Pat Mahomes and Davis Webb. Texans Webb maybe, Chiefs  Mahomes but bad teams from last year eg 49ers or Bears or Jets with no solid long term QB solution could well be getting back into the first round for one of these players late tonight

corroboration:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/26/report-davis-webb-could-entice-teams-to-trade-into-late-first-round/

just taking one mock draft this morning, means little in isolation but gives you a flavour of what tonight might look at

inevitably there will be 5-6trades that mix this up,but you see the shape of it

Recommend: whatever we can get on i am confident, over 3.5 QBs in 1st round of the draft at 7/4 888sport

Load up please Mr P.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #127554 on: April 27, 2017, 05:32:46 PM »

Afternoon Tighty.

In superleague tonight we have Leeds v Huddersfield. Leeds seem to have remembered what they did 2 years ago when they won the treble- namely offloads. That season they had more than double the number of their nearest rival. Offloading creates panic amongst defenders, and space for the middle runners,for Leeds this has been Moon and Parcell. Both of these players have been scoring lots of tries in the last 2 months. Huddersfield are in dismal form and despite being a bogey team for Leeds I think it will be a comfortable win for Leeds tonight.

Moon is priced at Evs to score a try anytime, but I prefer the price of Parcell at 7/4 with Betfred or 15/8 if the PP account is working. £20 will be fine.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127555 on: April 27, 2017, 05:47:47 PM »

Afternoon Tighty.

In superleague tonight we have Leeds v Huddersfield. Leeds seem to have remembered what they did 2 years ago when they won the treble- namely offloads. That season they had more than double the number of their nearest rival. Offloading creates panic amongst defenders, and space for the middle runners,for Leeds this has been Moon and Parcell. Both of these players have been scoring lots of tries in the last 2 months. Huddersfield are in dismal form and despite being a bogey team for Leeds I think it will be a comfortable win for Leeds tonight.

Moon is priced at Evs to score a try anytime, but I prefer the price of Parcell at 7/4 with Betfred or 15/8 if the PP account is working. £20 will be fine.

Matt Parcell Leeds v Huddersfield Anytime Tryscorer
15/8
Total Stake: £20.00
Total Returns: £57.60

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127556 on: April 27, 2017, 05:48:40 PM »

£72.78 o3.5QB 888 at 7/4

tried for £100,was allowed to take out £200 stake incl.if it wins

My eyes are open wide
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #127557 on: April 27, 2017, 06:25:21 PM »

finally not backing barny at the PL.

This might be the week to get on!

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #127558 on: April 27, 2017, 06:35:12 PM »

£72.78 o3.5QB 888 at 7/4

fred factor ; now 5/4 at 888....6/4 at sky
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127559 on: April 27, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »

£72.78 o3.5QB 888 at 7/4

fred factor ; now 5/4 at 888....6/4 at sky

Only seems to take a tenner to change the market on those Draft bets. I had a couple earlier in the week which have either disappeared completely or evaporated in price. Had 10 quid on one and it changed from 9/4 to 5/4 within the half hour after it.

Not entirely confident in the QB bet personally. But the logic is sound. Garrett #1 went from 1/12 to 1/5 opening up today I guess because of the Trubisky rumours. If you think they will take Trubisky no.1 (7/2) then you're better off going for Garrett no.2 pick at 5/1.

Got to say the markets are pretty poor overall with the exception of some of the Request a bets on sky, but know you can't get on them and they've all shortened in price so not enough value for me personally as I don't typically use by stakes.

One that may tempt you was John Ross first WR. Around 6/1 last I checked. Provided the titans don't take one at 5 (or trade out) the Bengals (pick 9) have given him a clean bill of health and want a speedy guy opposite Green, he's one of many to visit them as well. Only worry would be that Jonathon Allen or Howard are there as they may well take them two before a WR.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:48:20 PM by Cavey007 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8500 8501 8502 8503 [8504] 8505 8506 8507 8508 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: