blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:44:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8499 8500 8501 8502 [8503] 8504 8505 8506 8507 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13438575 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127530 on: April 26, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »

Selby was faultless. Once the draw came out and Fu would have to get through Robertson/ Selby and Ronnie/Ding,we were done for

Wilson broke his tip at 3-3. Changed it between sessions at 3-5. Afterwards described the new tip as like "playing snooker with a fruit pastille on the end of the cue"

Lost 13-5, wouldn't have beaten Higgins anyway who spent the sessions with his boot on Wlson's neck in terms of his tough match play and didn't let go

Very unlucky with the tip issue.  Was really looking forward to that game until it happened then it was a non contest.  Amazing these guys don't have a back up cue with a worn in tip ready to go.

I've always been surprised by this as well - it's like Andy Murray turning up to Wimbledon with one racket and then having to send someone down to JD Sports if he pops one of the strings.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127531 on: April 26, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »

Kent Royal London One Day Cup Winner
20/1 Each Way (2 Places at 1/2 Odds)
Total Stake: £30.00
Potential Returns: £480.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #127532 on: April 26, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »

Selby was faultless. Once the draw came out and Fu would have to get through Robertson/ Selby and Ronnie/Ding,we were done for

Wilson broke his tip at 3-3. Changed it between sessions at 3-5. Afterwards described the new tip as like "playing snooker with a fruit pastille on the end of the cue"

Lost 13-5, wouldn't have beaten Higgins anyway who spent the sessions with his boot on Wlson's neck in terms of his tough match play and didn't let go

Very unlucky with the tip issue.  Was really looking forward to that game until it happened then it was a non contest.  Amazing these guys don't have a back up cue with a worn in tip ready to go.

I've always been surprised by this as well - it's like Andy Murray turning up to Wimbledon with one racket and then having to send someone down to JD Sports if he pops one of the strings.

A tip can last a year or more and unless it's wearing thin a player wouldn't really think of replacing it.

A top quality tip such as an Elkmaster which is still a common choice afaik very rarely splits(never ever happened to me and I used to play a lot over a twenty+ year span) although once in a blue moon a very bad miscue might chip a piece from the edge necessitating a change.

I can always remember Alex Higgins asking for players' old tips when they replaced them as he hated breaking a new one in, preferring to stick on a thin 2nd hand one.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #127533 on: April 26, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »

Where is Ant?

Palace 5/1 at home vs Spurs. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #127534 on: April 26, 2017, 07:25:05 PM »

Watched the Allardyce press conference, and he is hinting at dropping players to prepare for the more winnable game at home to Burnley on Saturday. The value looks pretty thin even if we were refreshed and at full strength, so if i do fancy anything it will be after the teamsheet is released tomorrow an hour before KO.

Early prices of 11/1 away to Man City looks good value, but perhaps will get higher when more bookies release prices.

At the game - or possibly not?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #127535 on: April 26, 2017, 07:49:26 PM »

Where is Ant?

Think he felt they were resting a few for an easier game at weekend, so no bet, iirc

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #127536 on: April 26, 2017, 08:27:21 PM »

Where is Ant?

Think he felt they were resting a few for an easier game at weekend, so no bet, iirc

Cheers.  Too late for me.  Side seems strong enough.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127537 on: April 26, 2017, 08:30:08 PM »

Did Ronnie deliberately run out of position on the 147 earlier?  He faked going for the blue earlier in the break to wind the crowd up and kept smiling at Hendry in the comm box throughout the break.  Was a stone cold 147 right from the off and it looked to me like he run out of position on purpose as the shoot was stupidly easy.  He has previous for this and fuming about the mickey mouse prize money for a maximum. It is £5k this year which, imo, is a disgrace for the world championship.

I thought it seemed like a casual/deliberate switch to the pink too. He just likes winding people up!

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127538 on: April 26, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »

Did Ronnie deliberately run out of position on the 147 earlier?  He faked going for the blue earlier in the break to wind the crowd up and kept smiling at Hendry in the comm box throughout the break.  Was a stone cold 147 right from the off and it looked to me like he run out of position on purpose as the shoot was stupidly easy.  He has previous for this and fuming about the mickey mouse prize money for a maximum. It is £5k this year which, imo, is a disgrace for the world championship.

I thought it seemed like a casual/deliberate switch to the pink too. He just likes winding people up!

you saw him smirk as he played the next shot

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #127539 on: April 26, 2017, 10:06:34 PM »

£10K for the highest break but only another £5K for a maximum sems very insulting in my eyes as the magical 147 is what everyone wants to see, and let's not forget the reward getting a maximum in the world championships used to be £147K on top of the £10K high break prize a few years ago.

I wouldn't blame Ronnie if he did deliberately lose position but having watched the game live I personally don't think he did on this occasion because the first time he lost position for the black he played an unbelievable shot to regain it when he had a legitimate and far easier shot to play for the pink or blue. Why throw away a nailed-on £10K for a possible extra £5K when there is a huge risk involved and the reward doesn't warrant it?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #127540 on: April 26, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »

£10K for the highest break but only another £5K for a maximum sems very insulting in my eyes as the magical 147 is what everyone wants to see, and let's not forget the reward getting a maximum in the world championships used to be £147K on top of the £10K high break prize a few years ago.

I wouldn't blame Ronnie if he did deliberately lose position but having watched the game live I personally don't think he did on this occasion because the first time he lost position for the black he played an unbelievable shot to regain it when he had a legitimate and far easier shot to play for the pink or blue. Why throw away a nailed-on £10K for a possible extra £5K when there is a huge risk involved and the reward doesn't warrant it?

Yeah, I don't think he did it on purpose. He was smirking and fkinga bout with the crowd all the way through the break.

He was buzzing about at the point he ran out of position, and it looked like he just underhit it.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127541 on: April 27, 2017, 09:23:40 AM »

Yesterday

Click to see full-size image.

Three stumpings and then 87 off 47 balls Robin Uthappa was the Man of the Match

My eyes are open wide
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #127542 on: April 27, 2017, 01:21:31 PM »

There's 3 Premier League game weeks till finals night and Phil Taylor must fancy one last hurrah / pay day. A win tonight and he will leapfrog Peter Wright into 2nd place and be on course for avoiding MVG in the semi's. Lose and he'll face MVG next week and be in danger of making the top 4. I've had a lay of Wright at evens which the oddschecker preview also advises based on stats, plus I suspect Taylor's not been busting his gut at the practice bard thus far.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127543 on: April 27, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »

It is the NFL draft tonight. Sadly this is the first time in many years i haven't written up a suite of bets because there have only been a handful of markets offered by UK firms and quite a few big firms none at all

I will put one on here which i think has prices the wrong way round.

The best price is 888 which the thread can use

sky have it too at u3.5 4/9 o3.5 13/8 but not on oddschecker

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/nfl-draft/1st-round-quarterbacks  

I think quite confidently that o3.5 should be odds on

Trubisky could well go number 1 tonight to the Browns (suggestings by in the knows this morning) but shouldn't be picked lower than 10
Watson could go 4 to the Jags but should go top 15

Late in the first round there is a team like the Texans that have a fine team but no QB (still)
A team like the Chiefs isn't too happy with Alex Smith and has a pretty good team aside from that

rookie contracts are 4 years long

if you pick a player in the first round you get an option to keep a player on their rookie deal (cheap,salary cap advantages) for a fifth year. having a good qb on a rookie contract is a HUGE competitive advantage under a salary cap

this is MOST crucial for the quarterback position where young players takea bit oftime to mature,can frequentlyneed to back up a starter for a while

so a team wanting to develop a quarterback will often look to get one early. this includes teams trading back into the first round to a late spot to get that fifth year of eligibility for a QB

So candidates for being picked 20-32 are Pat Mahomes and Davis Webb. Texans Webb maybe, Chiefs  Mahomes but bad teams from last year eg 49ers or Bears or Jets with no solid long term QB solution could well be getting back into the first round for one of these players late tonight

corroboration:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/26/report-davis-webb-could-entice-teams-to-trade-into-late-first-round/

just taking one mock draft this morning, means little in isolation but gives you a flavour of what tonight might look at

inevitably there will be 5-6trades that mix this up,but you see the shape of it

Recommend: whatever we can get on i am confident, over 3.5 QBs in 1st round of the draft at 7/4 888sport
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:48:33 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #127544 on: April 27, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »

I'm banned up with those momos, unfortunately.

Pages: 1 ... 8499 8500 8501 8502 [8503] 8504 8505 8506 8507 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: