blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
StuartHopkin and 25 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9071 9072 9073 9074 [9075] 9076 9077 9078 9079 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13408520 times)
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #136110 on: May 24, 2019, 08:43:57 PM »

james cleverly is 40-1 to be next tory leader and 80-1 to be next pm after may on shy bet is there a difference?

Still a slim chance a snap general election gets called. So he could be the next leader of the tories but not the PM.

Highly unlikely this would happen though
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136111 on: May 26, 2019, 03:26:53 PM »

Beteveryday go City 50/1 and Liverpool 66/1 to go unbeaten in the 19/20 league season.

Tough ask obv but if both teams can replicate similar form next season then it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Particularly for Liverpool who only lost once anyway this year (the narrow defeat at City)
Think I'd be more inclined to back them than City at the higher price, but can envisage both teams running away with the division again easily.

Not a rec but wouldn't put anyone off either team.

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #136112 on: May 26, 2019, 04:40:24 PM »

Beteveryday go City 50/1 and Liverpool 66/1 to go unbeaten in the 19/20 league season.

Tough ask obv but if both teams can replicate similar form next season then it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Particularly for Liverpool who only lost once anyway this year (the narrow defeat at City)
Think I'd be more inclined to back them than City at the higher price, but can envisage both teams running away with the division again easily.

Immediate reaction is this is just a perfectly timed offer to get some wagon money in.

Couldn't imagine this is ever going to be value.

Sorry to stomp on a sandcastle. Also recognise these aren't recommendations Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 04:43:07 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #136113 on: May 26, 2019, 04:49:15 PM »

If you are going to have a bet like this, leave it until nearer the time, or until we get a bit of info on transfers and so on. Unlikely these two go off 25/1 and 33/1, so you can afford not to lock up the stake money for a few months.

Def do some fag packet maths too. It's a 38 time acca (not losing). Can you get these prices to, say, 40/1 and 50/1?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136114 on: May 26, 2019, 04:53:16 PM »

Immediate reaction is this is just a perfectly timed offer to get some wagon money in.

Sorry to stomp on a sandcastle. Also recognise these aren't recommendations Smiley

Beg to differ on the Liverpool front. They have an annoying knack of being very difficult to beat under Klopp, and the squad will likely remain intact over the summer (maybe with an addition or 2). Just one defeat, a narrow one at that against the best team in the league, all season attests to their strengths. The challenge will be to effectively maintain what they did, won't be easy of course.

Whilst I don't think it's fist pump empty truck spot, but if someone is looking for a potential season long punt with healthy returns for a stray £10/£20 they could do a lot worse.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136115 on: May 26, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »

If you are going to have a bet like this, leave it until nearer the time, or until we get a bit of info on transfers and so on. Unlikely these two go off 25/1 and 33/1, so you can afford not to lock up the stake money for a few months.

Def do some fag packet maths too. It's a 38 time acca (not losing). Can you get these prices to, say, 40/1 and 50/1?

Bloody hell, I'm not gonna tot up a 38 game acca for a tenner type long shot punt ffs.

I'm saying a team that were only beaten once all season, and whom are unlikely to lose any key players this summer, could be a decent sweat to go unbeaten at 66/1.

Do I think they will? Probably/hopefully not.
Are they capable of it? Yes.
Would I chuck a tenner at it? Yes.

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #136116 on: May 26, 2019, 05:00:36 PM »

Beg to differ on the Liverpool front. They have an annoying knack of being very difficult to beat under Klopp, and the squad will likely remain intact over the summer (maybe with an addition or 2). Just one defeat, a narrow one at that against the best team in the league, all season attests to their strengths. The challenge will be to effectively maintain what they did, won't be easy of course.

Whilst I don't think it's fist pump empty truck spot, but if someone is looking for a potential season long punt with healthy returns for a stray £10/£20 they could do a lot worse.

Am I misreading? Is this at home only? I thought these were the prices for the whole season. If the whole season, they lost 7 games last year. If just at home, that's clearly different. They'd be Evs at home against each other, give or take, then a bit shorter against the top 6 and so on.

I mean it's ok to have some big price darts for fun sweats, but some are better than others.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #136117 on: May 26, 2019, 05:01:20 PM »

Bloody hell, I'm not gonna tot up a 38 game acca for a tenner type long shot punt ffs.

I'm saying a team that were only beaten once all season, and whom are unlikely to lose any key players this summer, could be a decent sweat to go unbeaten at 66/1.

Do I think they will? Probably/hopefully not.
Are they capable of it? Yes.
Would I chuck a tenner at it? Yes.

Lol

Fair enough.

What price are spurs btw? Wink

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136118 on: May 26, 2019, 05:05:24 PM »

Am I misreading? Is this at home only? I thought these were the prices for the whole season. If the whole season, they lost 7 games last year. If just at home, that's clearly different. They'd be Evs at home against each other, give or take, then a bit shorter against the top 6 and so on.

I mean it's ok to have some big price darts for fun sweats, but some are better than others.

Eh?

As I said initially, its for the 19/20 league season. They lost once in the league this season, not 7 times.

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #136119 on: May 26, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »

Eh?

As I said initially, its for the 19/20 league season. They lost once in the league this season, not 7 times.

My fault. Typed 7 instead of 4 and thought you were talking about City. Was distracted by the mayhem at Wembley. What a barmy finish.

Good luck with the bet. Well, so long as Spurs win the league above both.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #136120 on: May 26, 2019, 05:11:19 PM »

On the other point, there are millions of things out there and we get to pick and choose the ones that we like. Having a spare tenner to throw a dart at a big price with is fine.

By way of peace offering, try Jaylon Ferguson for NFL defensive rookie of the year at those sort of prices. Could easily end up with 8-10 sacks for Baltimore and will get better during the season (market always favours late bloomers).

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136121 on: May 26, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »

Eh?

My fault. Typed 7 instead of 4 and thought you were talking about City. Was distracted by the mayhem at Wembley. What a barmy finish.

Good luck with the bet. Well, so long as Spurs win the league above both.

I don't think City at 50/1 is brilliant tbh. It's alright and could provide a reasonable sweat but we have the occasional game where we get rattled by the opposition, lose all our composure for 20 minutes and ship 2 or 3 goals. Think united in 17/18 when we were 2 up at and lost, vs Leicester on Boxing day, vs Liverpool 17/18 etc

Liverpool (sadly) don't seem to suffer from those potential moments of madness. To only get beaten once in 38 games, by a single goal away at the Champions, really highlights how tough they are to beat. Easier said than done but if they can replicate that then they won't suffer many losses at all next year.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #136122 on: May 26, 2019, 05:30:00 PM »

Man City to stay unbeaten price.  My first reaction (which i have discussed with Tal privately without having applied any maths to it) was 'i wouldn't want to be laying 50/1 about that without any real view on wanting to back it either.

Let's assume the following prices for the following games in the top half of the table for next season home and away.  They make up the bulk of the %.   This is very guessy and quick with rough idea about prices and grouping certain teams of similar quality before anyone asks for a grand on wolves to finish higher than Leicester at evens next year!

Liverpool to beat them at home/(away)  11/8 (4/1)
Chelski 3/1 (7/1)
Spurs 3/1 (7/1)
Manure 7/2 (8/1)
Arsenal 7/2 (8/1)
Wolves 6/1 (16/1)
WHam 6/1 (16/1)
Leicester 6/1 (16/1)
Everton 6/1 (16/1)  To stay unbeaten against these is roughly 20/1 poke based on these prices

11-15 teams 10/1 (33/1)  add on these 10 games the 20/1 becomes 38/1
16-20 teams 16/1 (66/1) add on these 10 games and the 38/1 become the final 55/1.

So as i originally thought the 50/1 isn't any great value to back but certainly isn't any great lay for the firms either.

i would much rather the 50/1 city than 66/1 liverpool who has much more potential to regress more than city imo.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136123 on: May 26, 2019, 05:49:10 PM »

''liverpool who has much more potential to regress more than city imo''

Interested by that comment, Arbs.

In theory I agree, in that City are highly unlikely to slump to 3rd or 4th, whereas it could happen with Liverpool. But for that to happen, you'd probably have to view 18/19 as a bit of a freak season for Liverpool.
Whilst I think they are unlikely to achieve so many points again, I also don't subscribe to it being a freak season. I guess that puts me somewhere in the middle but I think Liverpool will be in amongst it at the top again.

One thing in their favour is that the youngsters have another year of experience under their belts, ditto for the players new to the league last August. And they don't have many squad players the wrong side of 30.
Whilst I don't see them splashing the cash too much, they probably won't lose any key players either.

I really hope I'm massively wrong and they get turned over on the opening day Smiley sadly, I think they are here to stay for at least another couple of years.

Best Bitter.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136124 on: May 28, 2019, 10:17:28 AM »

Not very happy with Skybet, who are acting like arses.

Despite having a long standing account, when I wanted to deposit from a card I had been using for over 2 years and an account over 10 years old, they asked for proof of ID etc.

I said I was travelling, could they wait a week? Been using the account 10 years etc.

No.

Can I speak to someone?

No

That's it then? Good customer, no leeway or help, just for a couple of days?

No.

Have I done something wrong, am I under investigation etc?

No.

Arseholes........

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 9071 9072 9073 9074 [9075] 9076 9077 9078 9079 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: