blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9164 9165 9166 9167 [9168] 9169 9170 9171 9172 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13422539 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #137505 on: November 15, 2020, 03:41:26 PM »

Haha, sounds like I missed a race!

Nice one on the profit, and unlucky for more.

I'm going to need to hunt out some accounts before Cheltenham, as I'm almost dead in the water now.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #137506 on: November 15, 2020, 09:55:27 PM »

Having to watch I’m a celebrity ffs.

Just back AJ Prichard at 17 on exchange.

Likeable kid. Brother was on Love Island and has 1.4m followers on Instagram. AJ has 607k followers.

Looks like value to me.

Shane Ritchie favourite but 3/1.

I’m sure Chompy will know 😀
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #137507 on: November 26, 2020, 09:48:48 AM »

Looks like all Marcus Rashford SPOTY bets are dead as the BBC have announced he is getting a special award on the same evening, and published big hints that he doesn't qualify on the criteria for the award.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54968207

As an aside, what percentage of people's Betfair funds are tied up in sure things?  I tidied up my Rashford bets up some time ago, so I haven't got much outstanding, but 60% of my funds are still tied up in the US Presidential election.  I should really add to my Betfair account and get 7% virtually risk free over a couple of months?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #137508 on: November 26, 2020, 12:47:45 PM »

Looks like all Marcus Rashford SPOTY bets are dead as the BBC have announced he is getting a special award on the same evening, and published big hints that he doesn't qualify on the criteria for the award.

As an aside, what percentage of people's Betfair funds are tied up in sure things?  I tidied up my Rashford bets up some time ago, so I haven't got much outstanding, but 60% of my funds are still tied up in the US Presidential election.  I should really add to my Betfair account and get 7% virtually risk free over a couple of months?

Wow out to 1.07 overnight. Is this on the basis of the lawsuit from his now fired lawyer?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #137509 on: November 26, 2020, 02:49:45 PM »

Wow out to 1.07 overnight. Is this on the basis of the lawsuit from his now fired lawyer?

I just assume it is a mix of collective madness and people not wanting to leave betting money tied up.  The latter is a bit annoying, and does stop you making the most of other opportunities; but the grown up me is still going wow 7%. 

I don't think there is much chance of anything stopping Biden now, as pretty much every lawsuit so far has been laughed out of court.  But some of his supporters have deep pockets and Trump has rigged the Supreme Court, so guess you can't absolutely say it is over.  If this has taught us anything it is that it is way easier to file lawsuits than it is to file succesful ones in the USA

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #137510 on: November 26, 2020, 03:40:17 PM »

I just assume it is a mix of collective madness and people not wanting to leave betting money tied up.  The latter is a bit annoying, and does stop you making the most of other opportunities; but the grown up me is still going wow 7%. 

I don't think there is much chance of anything stopping Biden now, as pretty much every lawsuit so far has been laughed out of court.  But some of his supporters have deep pockets and Trump has rigged the Supreme Court, so guess you can't absolutely say it is over.  If this has taught us anything it is that it is way easier to file lawsuits than it is to file succesful ones in the USA

Biden is 1.04 for the popular vote. He is around 6 million ahead at this point. This would be an even trickier one for Trump to manage to win I feel Smiley
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #137511 on: November 26, 2020, 07:05:24 PM »

I'm really confused.

We can get 1.08 on something he's won, and 1.04 on something he's definitely won.

I get the greening up element amongst pros - but why aren't hedge funds or similar operations moving millions each day to hoover it all up indefinitely.

I think there's an old Channing adage to not bet on something that's already happened.
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #137512 on: November 29, 2020, 09:58:03 AM »

Couple of bet suggestions for the Bahrain GP.

Top Six Finish - Lando Norris
@ 15/8 with Sky & William Hill. Lando starts from 9th but underperformed in qualifying yesterday relative to the pace of his car, ending 0.125s behind Ricciardo in 6th. Lando needs a strong start for this to come in, but between the Renault's sometimes suffering poor race pace seemingly at random, the ability to overtake on this circuit, 3 DRS zones, and the varied strategy options tomorrow, 15/8 feels a tad overpriced to me. Suggest 10 points.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/bahrain-grand-prix/top-6-finish

Points Finish - Carlos Sainz
@ EVS with William Hill. Best spot of the weekend by some distance. If Carlos can avoid any carnage on the opening lap, there is a much better probability of this coming in than the price suggests - even if he elects to start from the back of the grid (which is possible, but unlikely). 25 points.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/bahrain-grand-prix/points-finish

bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #137513 on: November 29, 2020, 02:46:26 PM »

@ 15/8 with Sky & William Hill. Lando starts from 9th but underperformed in qualifying yesterday relative to the pace of his car, ending 0.125s behind Ricciardo in 6th. Lando needs a strong start for this to come in, but between the Renault's sometimes suffering poor race pace seemingly at random, the ability to overtake on this circuit, 3 DRS zones, and the varied strategy options tomorrow, 15/8 feels a tad overpriced to me. Suggest 10 points.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/bahrain-grand-prix/top-6-finish

@ EVS with William Hill. Best spot of the weekend by some distance. If Carlos can avoid any carnage on the opening lap, there is a much better probability of this coming in than the price suggests - even if he elects to start from the back of the grid (which is possible, but unlikely). 25 points.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/bahrain-grand-prix/points-finish

Holy fuck!

So glad Grosjean is ok after that, truly horrific
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #137514 on: November 29, 2020, 05:19:45 PM »

Holy fuck!

So glad Grosjean is ok after that, truly horrific

I've been watching motorsport for 24 years and that was the most terrifying incident I have ever seen. I'm utterly, utterly astounded he walked away from that. I felt it was a certain fatality. Filled with a real sense of pride for F1 really. All the medical, safety and technical procedures came together successfully today to save a life.

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #137515 on: November 29, 2020, 05:22:03 PM »

Norris finished 4th, Sainz finished 5th. Both drivers had good starts and superb race pace. These bets never looked in doubt. Easy win.

More importantly, no severe injuries in what was a bizarre race.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #137516 on: November 29, 2020, 06:56:38 PM »

Good work Peter

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #137517 on: November 29, 2020, 07:08:56 PM »

Just seen it now, and that's absolutely astounding he got out of that, and literally walked away, too.

Saw them interviewing a few drivers, and Vettel said they need to work out why the barrier failed, and cars should not just go up like that.

Congrats on the bets, mate.

Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #137518 on: November 29, 2020, 10:04:32 PM »

Well done Peter.  Excellent bets again.

That crash was incredibly scary. I saw the film Senna again during the week, and the improvements in safety are just staggering.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #137519 on: November 30, 2020, 02:03:15 PM »

I haven't seen a crash like this since I was way younger, but maybe we have mostly just got lucky.   

Sky have put a few videos in youtube of the aftermath of the Grosjean crash

Some of the people commenting get A*s for churlishness.

The doctor has run out of the car towards that fireball with an open faced helmet and helped drag Grosjean out.  Sure he may have got out just as well without him, but that doesn't mean the doctor wasn't pretty damn brave.

It didn't dawn on me at the time, but that Halo device is shown to be such a useful bit of kit.

Pages: 1 ... 9164 9165 9166 9167 [9168] 9169 9170 9171 9172 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: