blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:05:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9183 9184 9185 9186 [9187] 9188 9189 9190 9191 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13433044 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #137790 on: June 03, 2021, 02:31:21 PM »

Great thread on Brentford and Matthew Benham here

A professional sports gambler used analytics to turn a $700,000 loan into more than $300 million.

This is the wild story

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1400245761854652417

God read that, thanks Marky.

Sharpest of sharps, isn't he. Wonder what him and Bloom fell out over?

Have to make nice next season, though Grin

Was wondering exactly that.

The games v Brighton will have added spice, for sure.

Brighton v Brentford might take over from the equally silly Brighton Palace local derby.  The Moneyball derby.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #137791 on: June 06, 2021, 03:59:08 PM »

Expensive rona test for Jonny Rahm!

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #137792 on: June 06, 2021, 04:49:19 PM »

Ridiculous scenes.

Wonder if Denise will be imposing a Rule 4 here? They have recent form for it after all.

@PTBooms knew!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137793 on: June 06, 2021, 06:27:50 PM »

Just the £1.18 milly.

Proper bit of run-bad that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #137794 on: June 07, 2021, 12:11:11 AM »

Just the £1.18 milly.

Proper bit of run-bad that.

Good job he's not short of a few quid.

Bet the online firms are having fun today Cheesy

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #137795 on: June 13, 2021, 12:17:49 PM »

Hmmm, 7.6 Croatia you say?

Against this England line up? Why are England suddenly being priced up like the world football version of Man City please?

The boo boys will only help our cause too.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137796 on: June 13, 2021, 03:54:58 PM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/wimbledon/womens/womens-wimbledon/winner

Stale price of 90/1 on Konta with unibat. She just took down Nottingham. Best elsewhere is 40/1. Got no insight into this in terms of value, just see the the disparity with the rest of the market
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #137797 on: June 13, 2021, 04:35:13 PM »

Stale price of 90/1 on Konta with unibat. She just took down Nottingham. Best elsewhere is 40/1. Got no insight into this in terms of value, just see the the disparity with the rest of the market

Unibet's prices are often out of line on tennis outrights, butgood luck getting a bet on if you look down the list. So you have a favourite and can get on, then jobs a good un.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #137798 on: June 13, 2021, 04:39:18 PM »

It is a big outlier, but until this week, it felt like she had been bang out of form since at least the start of Covid.  I don't even think she was in great form this week; a couple of matches were a struggle and she was clear top seed.  I'll be cheering her on, but won't be taking the price.  Think they could palp you and stop your account, and don't think it is worth it for that price.    

Katie Boulter was looking good before her injury FWIW.  Given she started so short against Watson, I don't think there will be much value going forward from backing her either.  I can definitely see her pulling off a shock against a higher seed, assuming she isn't going to drop out of Wimbledon with an injury.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #137799 on: June 13, 2021, 04:57:50 PM »

It is a big outlier, but until this week, it felt like she had been bang out of form since at least the start of Covid.  I don't even think she was in great form this week; a couple of matches were a struggle and she was clear top seed.  I'll be cheering her on, but won't be taking the price.  Think they could palp you and stop your account, and don't think it is worth it for that price.    

Katie Boulter was looking good before her injury FWIW.  Given she started so short against Watson, I don't think there will be much value going forward from backing her either.  I can definitely see her pulling off a shock against a higher seed, assuming she isn't going to drop out of Wimbledon with an injury.  

If they call offering 90s when 45s are the best price elsewhere a palp then we might as well stop betting now, right?

I would imagine unibet just employ a part time work experience kid as their tennis trader and instead just let oeople bet a fiver.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137800 on: June 13, 2021, 05:14:43 PM »

kerber won wimbledon last year and is 120/1 with them. 50/1 best price elsewhere. You are right about these prices for a lot of players being out of line

*edit i misspoke above, she won it in 2018
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 05:17:06 PM by Ant040689 » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #137801 on: June 13, 2021, 05:15:25 PM »

If they call offering 90s when 45s are the best price elsewhere a palp then we might as well stop betting now, right?

I would imagine unibet just employ a part time work experience kid as their tennis trader and instead just let oeople bet a fiver.

"...or stop your account".  Given that has effectively happened to every account I have, then I don't think it is unreasonable to be wary of unadjusted price moves.   How much do they lay?  A fiver each way means you could lose an account for £3 or so of EV.   I wouldn't do it for that, though you'll probably lose it easy enough regardless.  I don't think picking big outliers is the best strategy for betting unless you have good access to a pool of accounts.

They shouldn't really call palp on mistakes like this, but that doesn't mean they won't.  Have seen. more laughable tales over the years.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137802 on: June 13, 2021, 05:26:41 PM »

"...or stop your account".  Given that has effectively happened to every account I have, then I don't think it is unreasonable to be wary of unadjusted price moves.   How much do they lay?  A fiver each way means you could lose an account for £3 or so of EV.   I wouldn't do it for that, though you'll probably lose it easy enough regardless.  I don't think picking big outliers is the best strategy for betting unless you have good access to a pool of accounts.

They shouldn't really call palp on mistakes like this, but that doesn't mean they won't.  Have seen. more laughable tales over the years.

Advice taken heed of.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #137803 on: June 13, 2021, 06:06:02 PM »

I feel like you will lose your account with a firm like unibet the first half decent bet you make, might as well make it a good one. So yeah, if you think Konta is slightly good value, then maybe leave it and wait for a better spot to get closed down.

Or the alternative view is, why bother to even preserve an account like that - unless there is some kind of great promos that they do that I don't know about. Just do your betting and then cash out when you will inevitably get heavily limited.

As for Kerber. Pretty awful form. Only one Quarter Final in almost two years and not actually won a tournament since that 2018 Wimbledon victory.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #137804 on: June 13, 2021, 10:30:56 PM »

Accounts like Unibet are just there to be burnt. If there's one you like, just back it imo. Don't see them palping in this spot but they may well pull the plug.

Pages: 1 ... 9183 9184 9185 9186 [9187] 9188 9189 9190 9191 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: