blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272624 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 1284 1285 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446754 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #19200 on: October 31, 2012, 09:27:33 AM »

At the very least I would recommend backing the current price and then laying when the price gets smaller.

haha you make it sound so easy

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19201 on: October 31, 2012, 09:30:09 AM »

At the very least I would recommend backing the current price and then laying when the price gets smaller.

Lol. I say it like that as i have never been on betfair myself and didn't even really understand the process of guarenteeing a win by doing this until recently.

Honestly though this is a great spot.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19202 on: October 31, 2012, 09:42:22 AM »

Lol. I say it like that as i have never been on betfair myself and didn't even really understand the process of guarenteeing a win by doing this until recently.

Honestly though this is a great spot.

surely if you think they will win get 12 points from the next 12 you will be just as well backing them to win each game and sticking the lot on the next game? Havent worked it out but wont be far of the odds for promotion
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19203 on: October 31, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »

just backing palace in a double in there next two games is a 4.3-1 shot with vcbet

easy money it seems
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19204 on: October 31, 2012, 10:10:20 AM »

Saw Palace on Saturday

Spurs and Arsenal scouts at the match, on the list I saw. Would say Zaha is far more likely to leave in January than stay. Pretty clear.

Without him Palace are a different team..solid and strong for sure, but when he plays defences are forced to defend deep and that gives Palace more space to operate in.

We conceded two soft goals, didn't get the rub of the green after that and Palace did well. Surprised what a hard physical team they were.

Far too early in the season to be backing a team at 8-1 when the best player will leave, you don't know who the manager will be and I'd be more of the opinion that other teams will be having their ten game winning runs later in the season when it really counts

I think this is what the promotion odds market is telling us, that people don't quite expect it to continue.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #19205 on: October 31, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »

I don't think Palace will last the course, but one point to note is that they are under little pressure to sell Zaha as he signed a 5 year contract last season I think.  If he had 18 months to run I would think it far more likely he goes in January.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19206 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:04 AM »

the Zaha contract is a good point, but all it means in practice is that Palace get proper value in January rather than a price reflecting an upcoming contract expiry

who knows what is smoke and what is mirrors but the attached suggests £12m and add ons

http://www.football.co.uk/arsenal/arsenal_ready_bid_for_wilfried_zaha__rss3593896.shtml

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19207 on: October 31, 2012, 10:39:34 AM »

Palace could not afford to turn down anything above £9 million for any player regardless of his contract
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19208 on: October 31, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »

I just don't see Zaha going myself. Too long a contract, and if he carries on at the same rate we get promotion and his value rises considerably in the prem. If he stays and we don't get promoted he still has 4 years left on the contract and would have improved as a player maybe warranting £20m

What did you think of him on Saturday Tightend, does he live up o the hype I have been giving him?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #19209 on: October 31, 2012, 10:45:10 AM »

Well yes if someone offers £10 million he'll go but last transfer window they were being offered around £5 million and turned it down due to the fact he was on a long contract.  Is he really worth £10 million to somebody?  Rare a player untested at the top level goes for an 8 figure transfer fee.

Lower league teams are far more likely to cave in when the player has 2 years left - Watford did this with Sordell last season.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19210 on: October 31, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »

I just don't see Zaha going myself. Too long a contract, and if he carries on at the same rate we get promotion and his value rises considerably in the prem. If he stays and we don't get promoted he still has 4 years left on the contract and would have improved as a player maybe warranting £20m

What did you think of him on Saturday Tightend, does he live up o the hype I have been giving him?

He's a very good player

His value to the team is his threat means teams have to defend deeper than they would otherwise do

His loss would transform the teams prospects, negatively because of how teams can then stifle the remaining players

Palace are not waiting for £20m, contract or not ,Ant!

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19211 on: October 31, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »

zaha is very promising

saw him a few times last season wasnt impressed this season he looks a different player

will still find it tough at the higher level as needs to work on his final ball/finishing

speroni as ever is the key to palace for me seems to earn them countless points every season
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19212 on: October 31, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »

Well yes if someone offers £10 million he'll go but last transfer window they were being offered around £5 million and turned it down due to the fact he was on a long contract.  Is he really worth £10 million to somebody?  Rare a player untested at the top level goes for an 8 figure transfer fee.

Lower league teams are far more likely to cave in when the player has 2 years left - Watford did this with Sordell last season.

see connor wickham

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19213 on: October 31, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

He's a very good player

His value to the team is his threat means teams have to defend deeper than they would otherwise do

His loss would transform the teams prospects, negatively because of how teams can then stifle the remaining players

Funny you should say that, as I am not that far off.

In a twitter conversation to James Corden our Chairman reacted angrily that the former suggested Zaha would go for less than £10 million. Steve Parish offered him a bet on it. In that case, £15m is where I am thinking they are looking at.

These chairmen we have really are in it for the premiership and I wouldn't be surprised if anything lower than £15m was rejected. Why sell someone who is your ticket to the premiership?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19214 on: October 31, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »

He's a very good player

Funny you should say that, as I am not that far off.

In a twitter conversation to James Corden our Chairman reacted angrily that the former suggested Zaha would go for less than £10 million. Steve Parish offered him a bet on it. In that case, £15m is where I am thinking they are looking at.

These chairmen we have really are in it for the premiership and I wouldn't be surprised if anything lower than £15m was rejected. Why sell someone who is your ticket to the premiership?

that is all well and good until the time the player himself wants to leave which if he is a 15 million player will happen sooner rather than later
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 1284 1285 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: