blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 1443 1444 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13527937 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21585 on: November 26, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »

Trott has struggled in India

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21586 on: November 26, 2012, 08:45:12 PM »

Trott has struggled in India

Many people struggle with the Trotts in India

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #21587 on: November 26, 2012, 08:46:34 PM »

When was the last time Taylor wasn't favourite for any tournament? Must be well nigh 20 years? For this weekends Players Championship Finals Skybet go 3/1 MVG, 10/3 Taylor.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #21588 on: November 26, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »

Bit surprised Trott and Pendleton didn't make the list.

Glad to see that you are operational, I've heard it's a little wet up Darlo way.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21589 on: November 26, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »

When was the last time Taylor wasn't favourite for any tournament? Must be well nigh 20 years? For this weekends Players Championship Finals Skybet go 3/1 MVG, 10/3 Taylor.

Almost time to back Taylor then........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
class

View Profile
« Reply #21590 on: November 26, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »

Flintoff 11/10.  Dawson Evens now available. Any thoughts? The fight is Friday
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21591 on: November 26, 2012, 09:26:13 PM »

Flintoff 11/10.  Dawson Evens now available. Any thoughts? The fight is Friday

Forgive the analogy, but this is like backing a horse on its first time out. We have no idea how he'll cope on the night, whether he punches well enough to hurt the other guy or - above all - whether the price is accurate.

My immediate - ice creamy - thought is that the money will have gone on Freddie so his price is shorter than his actual chances of winning (I think Bad Beat explained this concept using cleverer words - please anyone correct me if I got that wrong; don't want to misquote).

However, I can't believe the people spending all this money turning a retired cricketer into a boxer would put him up against someone who wasn't a complete rabbit. Seemingly the market disagrees.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:28:33 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21592 on: November 26, 2012, 09:35:42 PM »

bizzare, Joey Barton speaks english with a French accent.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21593 on: November 26, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »

Footballer speaks English???

(Too easy)

That is brilliant tho.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21594 on: November 26, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »

Having watched the first of the 3 programmes showing Freddie's transition, he took head shots v well, but curled up after each big body shot. That would be my worry. But cant believe they haven't lined up a patsy for first bout.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #21595 on: November 26, 2012, 10:26:27 PM »

I strongly recomend getting with Spurs against Liverpool this Wednesday night in The Premier League.

Spurs played some great football when beating West Ham yesterday and looked well organised at the back now Dawson has been re instated. Live wire Defoe looked sharp up front and the midfield seemed really strong and up for it ,closing down West Ham quickly .Liverpool on the other hand looked average when held to a 0-0 at Swansea, where they played the left side midfielder Downing (replaced by Joe Cole) at left back and the left back Enrique in midfield as a consequence Suarez got little or no service up front. Although Liverpool had a goal disallowed It appears Brendan Rodgers is still experimenting with his formation and has few options on the bench.

With momentum and home support behind them I think Spurs will be well up for this  and represent great value especially when you can back Spurs at  4 -5 (Draw no bet) with Bet Victor or Sky...Because we have the saftey net of draw =money back ....I think £100 is the bet

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/tottenham-v-liverpool/draw-no-bet

Thanks Fraser, good to see you here again.

For £100, the bet would need to be VERY good, to be honest, we tend to bet smaller except in special cases.

Liverpool are an enduring enigma, half way between nowhere & nothing, catching them right is an art-form, but.....

This season, away from home, I think they have been half-respectful.  Their PL away record this season, in date order is.....

L - D - W - D - D - D - D

The opening loss was against surprise package WBA, & the away draws include Everton & Chelsea.

I do note you went for DNB, which sort of fits with their record.

Hi Tony...just want to contribute when I see a stand out bet

Liverpool have only won once away from home in PL against lowly Norwich when Suarez got a hat trick.

One fof the reasons I m recomending this bet is because of how Liverpool set their stall out away from home (defensive)

Pretty sure there will be money for Spurs and with 4 -5 being stand out at present I feel the need to get on sooner rather than later.

Good Luck if you follow me .

I think myself asnd Fraser tend to be of a similar mind when it comes to Pool but I'm not on board with this one.
This game looks priced correctly to me and the matchup looks pretty similar to the Swans vs Pool with both sides pretty evenly matched. I think Swansea were good value in that game, Spurs not so much here.
Rogers moving Enrique to left mid looks a good move to me. Wisdom should be back now, allowing Johnson to fill in at LB, meaning the ineffectual Downing can be removed altogether.
Actually I think Pool might just be turning the corner, unbeaten in 8, although most of those have been draws. Spurs, whilst good in their last game, lost their previous 3, so I couldn't back them with any confidence at such a short price.
Best of luck with it though Fraser.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21596 on: November 26, 2012, 10:34:34 PM »

I strongly recomend getting with Spurs against Liverpool this Wednesday night in The Premier League.

Spurs played some great football when beating West Ham yesterday and looked well organised at the back now Dawson has been re instated. Live wire Defoe looked sharp up front and the midfield seemed really strong and up for it ,closing down West Ham quickly .Liverpool on the other hand looked average when held to a 0-0 at Swansea, where they played the left side midfielder Downing (replaced by Joe Cole) at left back and the left back Enrique in midfield as a consequence Suarez got little or no service up front. Although Liverpool had a goal disallowed It appears Brendan Rodgers is still experimenting with his formation and has few options on the bench.

With momentum and home support behind them I think Spurs will be well up for this  and represent great value especially when you can back Spurs at  4 -5 (Draw no bet) with Bet Victor or Sky...Because we have the saftey net of draw =money back ....I think £100 is the bet

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/tottenham-v-liverpool/draw-no-bet

Thanks Fraser, good to see you here again.

For £100, the bet would need to be VERY good, to be honest, we tend to bet smaller except in special cases.

Liverpool are an enduring enigma, half way between nowhere & nothing, catching them right is an art-form, but.....

This season, away from home, I think they have been half-respectful.  Their PL away record this season, in date order is.....

L - D - W - D - D - D - D

The opening loss was against surprise package WBA, & the away draws include Everton & Chelsea.

I do note you went for DNB, which sort of fits with their record.

Hi Tony...just want to contribute when I see a stand out bet

Liverpool have only won once away from home in PL against lowly Norwich when Suarez got a hat trick.

One fof the reasons I m recomending this bet is because of how Liverpool set their stall out away from home (defensive)

Pretty sure there will be money for Spurs and with 4 -5 being stand out at present I feel the need to get on sooner rather than later.

Good Luck if you follow me .

I think myself asnd Fraser tend to be of a similar mind when it comes to Pool but I'm not on board with this one.
This game looks priced correctly to me and the matchup looks pretty similar to the Swans vs Pool with both sides pretty evenly matched. I think Swansea were good value in that game, Spurs not so much here.
Rogers moving Enrique to left mid looks a good move to me. Wisdom should be back now, allowing Johnson to fill in at LB, meaning the ineffectual Downing can be removed altogether.
Actually I think Pool might just be turning the corner, unbeaten in 8, although most of those have been draws. Spurs, whilst good in their last game, lost their previous 3, so I couldn't back them with any confidence at such a short price.
Best of luck with it though Fraser.

That pretty much reflects my thinking.

The Swansea 'Pool match was put up, but the price looked about right. It may be argued that Liverpool played slightly the better & were a shade unlucky not to win, but it was a good swerve.

However hard I look at Spurs - 'Pool, the price does not seem far out. As such, it would not be a bet, or not at present.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21597 on: November 26, 2012, 10:39:50 PM »

Thread voted B

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #21598 on: November 27, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »

I believe some on here have now won on the 5+ females on the shortlist market.......scandalousky, dai Greene was overlooked.

Ladbrokes bet were voided a while back - sigh

Why they do that?

Tikay Max a great name for the prospective 2yo bullet btw.

Just done a bit of Sixties Icon research. Last season was his first as a sire and he had 17 runners, eight of whom won a race. Strike-rate 14%. Considering he won a St Leger and was out of an Oaks winner, his stats with 2yo sprinters were amazing and Mick Channon's assertion that he improves the mares he covers by more than a stone can be backed up by numbers.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:26:12 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #21599 on: November 27, 2012, 12:45:51 AM »

A quick note on SPOTY, taken from the BBC website:

Three former Sports Personality nominees were on an expert panel which decided the shortlist, and the winner will be decided by a public vote on the night.

I can't remember if this is how they've been doing it in the last few years but it's news to me.  Certainly room for suprise or two in the top three if they are trusting the public.  Sadly Dai Greene is still fairly unlikely to place.
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 1443 1444 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: