blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 08:21:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272926 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2221 2222 2223 2224 [2225] 2226 2227 2228 2229 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13575867 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33360 on: March 11, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »

Reading sack McDermott

With 9 games to go

Away games coming up

Man U
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man C

Good luck new man

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33361 on: March 11, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »

Alun, I recognise I'm giving an opinion knowing it isn't wanted, but I see Wales as a good side that has been a lot better than the current standard of Lancaster's team. It isn't now. The backs that have come in are more expansive but aren't as good.

In my opinion.

The pack has suffered with key injuries but it isn't guaranteed that they will come back with the same gusto. Injuries have plagued the side since it was at its peak and dominating NH rugby. Why should that change?

I've always been a fan of Jamie Roberts and his performances for the Lions were outstanding.  He will offer a different threat to an relatively inexperienced England midfield.

The breakdown often determines close games and the back row that played in white on Sunday would get beaten next weekend. In my opinion. I think it will be a different line up, though.

I think England are a better side than Wales, that England will win a close game and that Wales offer value on that basis.

There's been enough silliness in the past 24 hours so perhaps let's leave it at that.

Silliness? I tend not to read this thread on weekends so apologies if I've walked into something. I certainly didn't mean to. And I certainly don't want to fall out with anyone. It's just IMO. I was just a bit surprised by your views as I thought they were a bit odd regarding a team on the decline, unless you think the players simply over-performed in 2011/12 and are not capable of finding the same form? These are still the same players for the most part.

The backs who have come in? I'm not sure who you even mean. Biggar? The rest are exactly the same as the side that won the Grand Slam. It's interesting you single out Jamie Roberts as he is woefully lacking form at the moment. I really hope he comes back to his best. Warburton certainly did on Saturday and here's hoping he turns in another performance like that. Likewise Alun Wyn. It's huge for Wales having them back at their best.

You're obviously entitled to think England are a better side. And you may well be right. I don't agree, but that's neither here nor there. Either way let's hope for a great game. The 6N needs it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:50:48 PM by AlunB » Logged
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #33362 on: March 11, 2013, 06:55:33 PM »

I really like this song, been playing it on a loop for a while.  Far to good for this competition imo.  Is it not a little to ballad'y to win Eurovision?  Just so you know my knowledge of Eurovision is limited, and on the night, my viewing consists of the occassional flick to the channel every hour, and then 5mins from the end to see the winners song. 

Ballads are fine in the ESC, especially in a year which contains so much clubby shite thanks to Loreen, and the idea that a song can be 'too good' for this comp is craze!

If you like it back it imo. Netherlands have been entering some garbage in recent times. The best song wins the ESC.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #33363 on: March 11, 2013, 07:27:34 PM »

Chompy, Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath fame has written Armenia's entry. Currently 20/1.

Any thoughts?

Interesting geopolitical significance.
Azerbajan hosted a very successful eurovision last year which Armenia declined to enter. With good reason as their entry would probably have been assassinated.

After the break up of the old Soviet Union, Armenia and Azerbajan went to war in the early 1990s over an Armenian populated enclave within Azerbajan known as Nagorno-Karabakh. Similar to the India Pakistan issue over Kashmir.
It was further complicated by the fact that Azerbajan is Muslim and Armenia is Christian. So many Russian and Ukrainian mercenaries fought on the Armenian side and some Chechen and Taliban fought on the Azeri side. Messy.
The Christians prevailed and occupy this area to this day. Azerbajan is oil rich and has spent a lot of money in the past 2 decades upgrading their military strength. There is constant simmering tension and occasional small outbreaks of violence. If it does kick off again, there is the danger that regional neighbours, Turkey/Iran on the Muslim side and Russia on the Christian side could get pulled into the conflict.
Anyway, that is the reason Armenia didn't enter last year.
But the fact that Azerbajan won will make Armenia even more determined to do well this year and Armenia have a very, very good record in the competition.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenia_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest
Top 10 in all the 5 years they have reached the final.
They historically get points from Russia and the Russian centric satellites often follow suit. Armenia has a large migrant population in France and they get votes from there too.
Central and Eastern Europe is full of rockers for whom Iommi will be a legend and Lordi proves Metal can prevail.
Surprisingly they also get votes from Turkey. This is surprising because the Turks tried to genocide the entire population during World War I, when they thought nobody was looking. This is a very touchy subject in Turkey and perhaps its a little bit of national guilt giving eurovision votes out.
Whilst the Armenians are probably quite grateful for these votes, they still despise Turkey with a national fervour and would gladly exchange those votes for the return of biblical mountain, Mount Ararat.
Ararat is where Noahs Ark was said to have come to rest and is a national symbol for (the 1st Christian nation in the world) Armenia. For Armenians it is located in 'western Armenia'. For the rest of the world, that's a few miles inside Turkeys border, in Eastern Anatolia.
Whatever, I digress.

Anyway the facts are
1. Armenia has 5 out of 5 top 10s when in the finals.
2. Iommi is a marquee signing!
3. Armenia is extra incentivised to do well this year.

I've just snapped up the last 6/5 to finish top 10 on Betfair. Still available at evens. They are actually 20/21 to finish top 5! No liquidity I guess. Maybe a watching brief.

P.s. I know all that Armenia stuff cos my uncle was Armenian and I visited there a few years back. I also went to Nargarno-Karabakh and have a visa in my passport saying so. I can't now enter Azerbajan until this passport expires in 2019.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #33364 on: March 11, 2013, 07:39:56 PM »

Place a Yankee on betfair for Cheltenham day 1, get free Yankee on day 2
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #33365 on: March 11, 2013, 07:42:59 PM »

I really like this song, been playing it on a loop for a while.  Far to good for this competition imo.  Is it not a little to ballad'y to win Eurovision?  Just so you know my knowledge of Eurovision is limited, and on the night, my viewing consists of the occassional flick to the channel every hour, and then 5mins from the end to see the winners song. 

Ballads are fine in the ESC, especially in a year which contains so much clubby shite thanks to Loreen, and the idea that a song can be 'too good' for this comp is craze!

If you like it back it imo. Netherlands have been entering some garbage in recent times. The best song wins the ESC.

Fml, going to have to have a bet now.  I don't think I would hear a better song entered in the esc,(sure am going to search the rest out), I detest anything clubby and if you say ballads can win.  I now have a geniune reason to watch the esc, sweat is on.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #33366 on: March 11, 2013, 07:48:02 PM »

Excellent stuff dazzler.

You like the song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bektj-KsEK8

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #33367 on: March 11, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »

Excellent stuff dazzler.

You like the song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bektj-KsEK8

I do quite like the song. Its quite anthem-esque but I just wish the singers voice had a bit more power. Maybe in a big auditorium, it'll sound better.
Tony Iommi is also pretty unwell with lymphoma. Obviously I wouldn't wish ill on anyone but if the Lord choses to take Tony on say, the eve of the contest, that might boost the votes a little.
I've plumbed new depths Sad
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #33368 on: March 11, 2013, 08:12:39 PM »

Smiley

Armenia has a proud rock tradition...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSvFpBOe8eY

Lonely Planet is just meh for me.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33369 on: March 11, 2013, 08:13:40 PM »

Just got home after a longgggggg day at The Vic. Working.

Will grab some dinner, then try & sort out what is what with all these non-runners, free bets, recommends, da de da.

Heavy snow forecast for tomorrow - is Cheltenham expecter to be exempt?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #33370 on: March 11, 2013, 08:46:01 PM »

snow on the hills down yer 2day (quantocks and blackdowns) but think chelts pretty safe

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #33371 on: March 11, 2013, 09:03:01 PM »

Is Quevega value at 1.7-4/6  in the mares race?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #33372 on: March 11, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »

Hi bobby, not sure if its value, only runs twice a year, but wins lol. when they ran last year kentford grey lady was rated 134 and quevega 158  q was 4/7.
this year kentford is higher rated (142) but importantly une artiste is thrown in the mix and has very good form (rated 142) is ayoung horse and trained by henderson, so all in all looks harder for quevega and not much better a price, tricky innit

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #33373 on: March 11, 2013, 09:23:14 PM »

Hi bobby, not sure if its value, only runs twice a year, but wins lol. when they ran last year kentford grey lady was rated 134 and quevega 158  q was 4/7.
this year kentford is higher rated (142) but importantly une artiste is thrown in the mix and has very good form (rated 142) is ayoung horse and trained by henderson, so all in all looks harder for quevega and not much better a price, tricky innit

tx mate, it's almost 50/1 on BF bar the front 4, of the 3 others under 50/1 Quevega would be giving them 16 pounds 16 pounds and 20 pounds in a handicap. One is racing off levels and the other 2 are getting 5 pounds. I get the feeling if this was a similar race at say Donny on a Saturday this would be 4/9 or 2/5.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:26:00 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #33374 on: March 11, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »

You could well be right and after we all be saying 'what a certainty why didnt we lump on' but she aint getting any younger and the old adage of you can go to many times to the well creeps in, gl whatever you do anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 2221 2222 2223 2224 [2225] 2226 2227 2228 2229 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: