blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2225 2226 2227 2228 [2229] 2230 2231 2232 2233 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13576651 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33420 on: March 12, 2013, 08:41:03 AM »

Day one around 1.3 to go ahead with on Betfair. Conditions would have to be really bad for them to cancel imo.

I remember the time - part 293.

I had a huge bet on Midnight Court, (Johnny Francombe/Fred Winter) to win the Gold Cup in 1978, & I was a Member then, so was there all 3 days.

Turned up on Gold Cup Day, & the snow began mid-morning & never stopped, & the Meeting was abandoned. I was absolutely devestated, what an anti-climax!

The Gold Cup eventually took place in April that year.

Did Midnight Court get the job done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQO-BshesAY
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:43:35 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33421 on: March 12, 2013, 08:52:11 AM »

I'm going to put this one out there, because I think it will spark healthy discussion...

Cardiff v Leicester - Cardiff to win are 11/8.

Two out of form teams, probably Leicester more so & it seems like the fans are losing patience with Pearson.

Cardiff been better at home earlier in season, but comfortably have the best home record against a team who are the joint 3rd lowest scorers in the league.

It would seem Leicester would need to score at least a couple to hold any hope of getting something here and looking at how out of form they are & lack of goals away, seems a big ask, not to mention there will be a lot fresher legs in the Cardiff team having not played at the weekend.

I think 11/8 just represents enough value to get on here and I am confident we will have a decent sweat here. Going to recc a big one for me at £80.

Would like to hear Tighty's view on this? If he is the one who can validate my reasoning then he can!

------------------------------

Also not a recc for Fred.... but would like to hear views on Barnsley at 2's at home to Brighton? It seems Brighton have one available striker...

Hi Aaron, & thanks.

Lord Tightness, a Leicester geek by trade, reckons anything above Evens Cardiff is a good price.

You suggested 11/8 though, so we are on, but we have halved the bet size due to the reduced value.

We have £40 @ 6/5, Ladbrokes, Cardiff to beat Leicester tonight.

ON

Cardiff v Leicester
English
2013-03-12 19:45:00

Market: Match betting 

Selection: Cardiff @ 6/5 

Receipt No.: O/142640973/0000282

Placed at: 08:39 12/03/2013

Bet Type: Single

Stake Per Line: £40.00

Number of lines: 1

Stake: £40.00

Tax: £0.00

Tax Rate: 0.00%

Total Paid: £40.00

£88.00

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #33422 on: March 12, 2013, 08:57:10 AM »

Bit of snow doesn't hurt at Cheltenham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tst2QSoQtkw

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #33423 on: March 12, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »

fantastic link tikay, midnight court really pinged the last there.

while on youtube i decided to watch the Greatest Jockey winning the Champion Hurdle, holding up the talented but quirky Sea Pigeon til half way up the run in. Nerves of steel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkfs-DMLfi8
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33424 on: March 12, 2013, 09:01:11 AM »

Our only other action yesterday was to get on "No Grand Slam Winner" with some alacrity. Our only other remaining 6N bet, on Tualigi, did not improve, so that is in a bit of a hole. 

Morning Mr T.

I think what you wrote is a tad inaccurate. We backed Tuilagi each way at 16-1. He has 1 try so far and is actually in the place position, admitedly with a lot of other people, and is currently priced at 100/30 2nd fav. If all our bets were in such a hole we would be sitting atop of Everest.

Your Super Nit.

Ha!

Yes, hopefully, inaccurate rather than premature.

I sort of had it in my mind that the game v Italy would be the clincher, it would be an easy 66-3 & our boys would be queuing up to run in the Try's, sharing them out, & our man would get two or three of them. The crushing disappointment of the game & spectacle made me assume we were dead in the water.

In hector we trust.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #33425 on: March 12, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »

Sedgefield off

Cheltingham now 1.45 and driffing further.

If it's on it's gonna be funny old ground and I'd expect some weird results.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #33426 on: March 12, 2013, 09:06:33 AM »

Whats the verdict been on the Hills offer for the Supreme- Hills are BOG on race so no need to take SP, just take the prices and majority of time get paid out at a better price anyway. The top 5 offer must merit a few ew maxes in the same race- that'll get the old boys heart pumping Smiley
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #33427 on: March 12, 2013, 09:06:58 AM »

My sister came to visit me when I was a student. She finally asked me how I was doing for money and it was the last day of a tough Cheltenham and I was pretty skint. I told her I'd lost an important book and I needed to replace it and she gave me a score.

I was pretty sensible. The second she went I raced to the shops and had £10 on The Thinker at 13/2 for the Gold Cup. I'd taken 14/1 for £6 in the morning (leaving myself about £4 in the world).

It came through the snow that year to win.

I think it's possible I didn't have the best of it on the second bet.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33428 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:30 AM »

fantastic link tikay, midnight court really pinged the last there.

while on youtube i decided to watch the Greatest Jockey winning the Champion Hurdle, holding up the talented but quirky Sea Pigeon til half way up the run in. Nerves of steel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkfs-DMLfi8

Stop it!

Yes, he pinged the last, & so did Sea Pigeon, I was there for that one, too.

Sea Pigeon was amazing, most remember him as a hurdler, but he wes a very useful flat horse, too, winning the Chester Cup twice,  & the Ebor, the last named with Jonjo as jockey!

Around that time, Piggott won the Chester Cup on a horse called John Cherry. If you can find a clip of that, I'll blow you a kiss.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33429 on: March 12, 2013, 09:08:08 AM »

Whats the verdict been on the Hills offer for the Supreme- Hills are BOG on race so no need to take SP, just take the prices and majority of time get paid out at a better price anyway. The top 5 offer must merit a few ew maxes in the same race- that'll get the old boys heart pumping Smiley

the first five e/w under/over works out to 65-67% if my maths is right

Can back 7 or 8 of them, not the no-hopers, and be +EV right?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33430 on: March 12, 2013, 09:09:08 AM »

dead ground, no ping, thorough stayers right?

give us some names, oracle of the fens*

* the name we use when buttering you up, instead of idiot

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33431 on: March 12, 2013, 09:09:31 AM »

GO AWAY.

Jeez, we have backed so bloody much!

Cheltenham Update (what we are on, & at what price) shortly.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33432 on: March 12, 2013, 09:10:31 AM »

the first five e/w under/over works out to 65-67% if my maths is right

Can back 7 or 8 of them, not the no-hopers, and be +EV right?

FFS Rich, don't encourage him.

It was his mate, Eso Kral, who gave us Walsall to go down, then flip-flopped.

How can we lose?

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #33433 on: March 12, 2013, 09:12:49 AM »

Channings cut it down to 5 and recommended 3. Id suggest just go ahead and back the 5 he said ew, having more runners doesnt really increase variance here either as they are all related contingencies ie if first ones place part loses the next 4 are all way more likely to win.

I really think you should be having more on this race than any previous bet on the whole thread, just because its impossible for you to be taking a bad bet.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #33434 on: March 12, 2013, 09:15:24 AM »

dead ground, no ping, thorough stayers right?

give us some names, oracle of the fens*

* the name we use when buttering you up, instead of idiot

Butter me up, go on, butter me.

Tbh I wouldn't be the person to ask about Cheltenham. Loads out there that know more about the top jump horses than me.

I wouldn't touch it today myself. Sticky, clawing ground often leads to nonsensical results. It's a bit like trying to analyse a Southwell race full of horses that have never run on Fibresand.

Pages: 1 ... 2225 2226 2227 2228 [2229] 2230 2231 2232 2233 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: