blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2271 2272 2273 2274 [2275] 2276 2277 2278 2279 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13432546 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34110 on: March 16, 2013, 10:44:36 AM »

I like the look (and feel) of the Under 1.5 goals in the Hull v Forest game today.

This game has got the potential to be a scrappy, nervy affair with Hull not wanting to lose and Forest hoping to keep their winning run going, which I fear will come to an end today.

Our strikers do not score, and haven't done for a while.  Our goals come from midfield, and we have kept 3 clean sheets in 6 and only conceded 1 each in the other 3.

Suggest a small nibble for £10 on Under 1.5 goals @ 12/5.

It may well give us a run.

Morning Matt.

It really is time we got you on the Ledger as a winner, so we wll give this a whirl. Not sure I can recall punting Under 1.5 before.

We have £10 @ 5/2, Ladbrokes, UNDER 1.5 Goals, Hull City v Nottingham Forest.

ON

Hull v Nottingham Forest
English
2013-03-16 15:00:00

Market: Total goals - over/under 1.5 

Selection: Under @ 5/2 

Receipt No.: O/142640973/0000291

Placed at: 10:29 16/03/2013

Bet Type: Single

Stake Per Line: £10.00

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34111 on: March 16, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »

I'd never heard of India's new opener Dharwan before today

Google images is quite sparse too

He is currently 173 not out on his debut, off less than 150 balls out of 257-0 off 55 overs! Which, of course, is a rather frustrating fly in the Pujara bet ointment. He can't get in to bat!

There are 200 or so overs remaining in the Test Match

Australia scored 408

India can pass that tomorrow, get a lead and try and bowl Australia out on the final day

India's spinners took seven wickets in the first innings

Such a shame we lost the first day, but suddenly Dharwan has put an Indian win on the agenda.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34112 on: March 16, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »

I'd never heard of India's new opener Dharwan before today

Google images is quite sparse too

He is currently 173 not out on his debut, off less than 150 balls out of 257-0 off 55 overs! Which, of course, is a rather frustrating fly in the Pujara bet ointment. He can't get in to bat!

There are 200 or so overs remaining in the Test Match

Australia scored 408

India can pass that tomorrow, get a lead and try and bowl Australia out on the final day

India's spinners took seven wickets in the first innings

Such a shame we lost the first day, but suddenly Dharwan has put an Indian win on the agenda.

Yes, a quite remarkable debut by all acounts.

Bad for the Pujara bet, good for the India bet. India are back down to 5/2, from far loftier heights before play commenced today.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #34113 on: March 16, 2013, 10:49:01 AM »

I like the look (and feel) of the Under 1.5 goals in the Hull v Forest game today.

This game has got the potential to be a scrappy, nervy affair with Hull not wanting to lose and Forest hoping to keep their winning run going, which I fear will come to an end today.

Our strikers do not score, and haven't done for a while.  Our goals come from midfield, and we have kept 3 clean sheets in 6 and only conceded 1 each in the other 3.

Morning Matt.

It really is time we got you on the Ledger as a winner, so we wll give this a whirl. Not sure I can recall punting Under 1.5 before.

ON

Hull v Nottingham Forest
English

Thanks Tikay.

I recall placing only 1 bet on the thread in the past.......we got our money back, so, for now, you can call me Billy Davies..........unbeaten!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34114 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:26 AM »

Morning Matt.

ON

Hull v Nottingham Forest
English

Thanks Tikay.

I recall placing only 1 bet on the thread in the past.......we got our money back, so, for now, you can call me Billy Davies..........unbeaten!

Nice comparision.

You are correct - only one bet bet by you so far, & it was a money back affair. The aim is to get everyone in blue figures.  Hopefully we can tick you off the list today.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34115 on: March 16, 2013, 10:52:45 AM »

Antonio of Sheff W

Has scored in 5 of his last 7, so definitely in form since he has been up front

1 of those was first goal

Overall he has scored the first goal twice this season, not "4 or 5 times" (I prefer accurate research not guesses lol) in 35 appearances

He has 8 goals overall, and six have been since Xmas

Perhaps the way of supporting Aaron's bet is to have him to score "Anytime"?

11-1 FGS only available B365, and Anytime is 1/3 the odds so a shade under 4-1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/sheffield-wednesday-v-cardiff/first-goalscorer

I would caution though that Cardiff set up very solid away from home and have in my opinion the best goalkeeper/centre back combination in the league

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34116 on: March 16, 2013, 10:54:48 AM »

A bit of a tangent Tony but this is blonde after all.

As a kid did they try and make you right-handed? I heard that was fairly common.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #34117 on: March 16, 2013, 11:03:45 AM »

Hi Tikay,

I too, would like a shot of getting in the blue.

Today Bolton play ipswich at portmand road, Ipswich have gained 1 win an scored only once in their last 5 games and are sitting just outside the relegation spots.

Bolton on the other hand have been flying, Unbeaten in 8 and won 5 game on the bounce, therefore i was shocked to see the game priced up the way it was, i know its an away game in the championship but think bolton are real value at 2.8 in various places, 2.88 on betfair but less commission works out around the same.

Reccomend £20 on Bolton at 2.8

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34118 on: March 16, 2013, 11:14:16 AM »

Antonio of Sheff W

Has scored in 5 of his last 7, so definitely in form since he has been up front

1 of those was first goal

Overall he has scored the first goal twice this season, not "4 or 5 times" (I prefer accurate research not guesses lol) in 35 appearances

He has 8 goals overall, and six have been since Xmas

Perhaps the way of supporting Aaron's bet is to have him to score "Anytime"?

11-1 FGS only available B365, and Anytime is 1/3 the odds so a shade under 4-1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/sheffield-wednesday-v-cardiff/first-goalscorer

I would caution though that Cardiff set up very solid away from home and have in my opinion the best goalkeeper/centre back combination in the league

Ha!

Well I never knew, & Aaron never said, that Mr Antonio had scored in 5 of his last 7, or six since Christmas.

Scored 8 in total? I checked BBC Sport, & I thought it credited him with 9.

I know this sounds daft, but I went to bed thinking about this bet last night, something in the Recommend was not sitting right with me - & you have jogged my mind now - it was that strangely loose expression "4 or 5 times".

I'm trying hard to find ways of evaluating bets these days, so now we know.....

He has scored 8 (or is it 9?) goals in 36 games.

He has only twice been FGS all season.

He is on a run of form.

Now how do we turn that into a probability, & so a true price?

Is 11/1 FGS, or 4/1 AnyTime, value?

And then we have to factor in the opponents - Cardiff.

Not yanking your chain here Aaron, I'm genuinely interested in how we assess bets like this. There are exceptions, but as a general rule, I don't much like Football FGS stuff, one reason being is that we know the bookies price them up grotesquely over-round, so we have to get a lot right over time.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34119 on: March 16, 2013, 11:28:56 AM »

As a kid did they try and make you right-handed? I heard that was fairly common.

Yes, that would be a BIG thread diversion Ralph, because therein lies a quite remarkable story.

In brief.....

Yes, I was naturally left-handed when I started school at the age of 5. The very first day at School, I was told I HAD to write right-handed. I simply could not do it, hard as I tried, but they persisted. Soon I was being hauled in front of the class & berated for being left-handed.  Hard to believe, but true.

Eventually I managed, somehow, but badly. I had other "life isues" at the time, too, & what with this & that, & a complete inability to read, my head was soon in a very strange place & before I knew it, I was stammering, bed-wetting, all sorts, & so I was transferred to what was then called a "Special School", & I went to School every day on a coach, (on the front & rear window it said "SPECIAL SCHOOL") with what some folks still think it is funny to label as "window-lickers", "retards" & "spazzes". I try to live peacefully these days, away from the trolls & haters such as I can, but truly, when people say such dreadful things, I want to stab them in the eye.

I have no idea how much of all that was connected to the business of forcing me to be right-handed, but I truly & genuinely believe it was a large part of it.

Nowadays, medical science has taught us that our brain works in particular ways, especially as to left & right.  

And breathe. The subject is quite emotive for me, so excuse that little ranty thing.

Moving swiftly on.....

Now, who are Arsenal playing this weekend, & how much did you win at Cheltenham?

Must be said, I have never enjoyed Cheltenham as much as I did this week, what terrific fun we had trying to avoid losing money. I think I have only ever had, in my entire life, 2 or 3 profitable Cheltenhams.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34120 on: March 16, 2013, 11:52:03 AM »

Yes, that would be a BIG thread diversion Ralph, because therein lies a quite remarkable story.

In brief.....

Yes, I was naturally left-handed when I started school at the age of 5. The very first day at School, I was told I HAD to write right-handed. I simply could not do it, hard as I tried, but they persisted. Soon I was being hauled in front of the class & berated for being left-handed.  Hard to believe, but true.

Eventually I managed, somehow, but badly. I had other "life isues" at the time, too, & what with this & that, & a complete inability to read, my head was soon in a very strange place & before I knew it, I was stammering, bed-wetting, all sorts, & so I was transferred to what was then called a "Special School", & I went to School every day on a coach, (on the front & rear window it said "SPECIAL SCHOOL") with what some folks still think it is funny to label as "window-lickers", "retards" & "spazzes". I try to live peacefully these days, away from the trolls & haters such as I can, but truly, when people say such dreadful things, I want to stab them in the eye.

I have no idea how much of all that was connected to the business of forcing me to be right-handed, but I truly & genuinely believe it was a large part of it.

Nowadays, medical science has taught us that our brain works in particular ways, especially as to left & right.  

And breathe. The subject is quite emotive for me, so excuse that little ranty thing.

Moving swiftly on.....

Now, who are Arsenal playing this weekend, & how much did you win at Cheltenham?

Must be said, I have never enjoyed Cheltenham as much as I did this week, what terrific fun we had trying to avoid losing money. I think I have only ever had, in my entire life, 2 or 3 profitable Cheltenhams.

Wow I'm sorry Tony, I didn't realise that I was touching on such a raw nerve.

Some of the cruelty dished out to kids in our day seems inhuman on reflection given today's standards of parenting and teaching.

I had a very good Cheltenham even though my ante-post results were not so great despite having some decent value, the opening Supreme being a prime example. Hurricane Fly was my nap of the meeting and ensured a very tidy profit on day one, The New One kept the run going on day two, and Solwhit was my next best of the week on day three. So for the first time that I can remember I showed a good profit on each of the first three days.

I restricted myself to interest betting tenners yesterday, and funking for my 25/1 shots in the tipster competition, but was on the first and last winners, Our Conor and Alderwood to show a small profit on the day there too. All in all about £1K in front on the week.

If only I'd put a zero or two after all of my bets I'd be booking for Vegas, the trouble is when I do put the zeros on the end they don't seem to win. Funny that..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #34121 on: March 16, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »

Hi teacake, paddy are refunding all losing try scoring bets of tuilagi scores, might prove a neat way to be able to cheer on both your bets
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34122 on: March 16, 2013, 11:58:42 AM »

Hi teacake, paddy are refunding all losing try scoring bets of tuilagi scores, might prove a neat way to be able to cheer on both your bets

Thanks Jeff, I'll try & get my head round that.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #34123 on: March 16, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »

Thanks Jeff, I'll try & get my head round that.

Bet Victor are refunding if Wales win the 6 Nations.

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #34124 on: March 16, 2013, 12:03:04 PM »

Hi Tikay,

I too, would like a shot of getting in the blue.

Today Bolton play ipswich at portmand road, Ipswich have gained 1 win an scored only once in their last 5 games and are sitting just outside the relegation spots.

Bolton on the other hand have been flying, Unbeaten in 8 and won 5 game on the bounce, therefore i was shocked to see the game priced up the way it was, i know its an away game in the championship but think bolton are real value at 2.8 in various places, 2.88 on betfair but less commission works out around the same.

Reccomend £20 on Bolton at 2.8

Bump not sure if you missed this, also happy for it not to be placed but if we can debate it would be nice.
Pages: 1 ... 2271 2272 2273 2274 [2275] 2276 2277 2278 2279 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: