blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 08:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2298 2299 2300 2301 [2302] 2303 2304 2305 2306 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13583119 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34515 on: March 19, 2013, 03:13:41 PM »

Yeovil are 2/1 and have lost 2/17 last league games, at home vs Swindon who have recently lost di canio and lost 2 out of last 4.
Thoughts

Fair point, on the face of it, 2/1 does look big, but it is pretty much the same across the board.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/yeovil-v-swindon/winner

Not sure that makes sense to me, but there must be a reason.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34516 on: March 19, 2013, 03:22:49 PM »

Twitter at 25/1 with Lads and 33/1 with Satan James. Seems huge

Triple A rating is 5/1 with Laddies and Satan 2/1

£10 Triple A rating and £5 Twitter?

edit: Hard working families seems a good choice.

Triple A seems a bad bet to me.  You don't mention your total fails in politics.  I like the twitter bet too, even gramps goes on twitter these days.

Yeah, can't be 33/1.

I understand your point about Triple A, future target/we aim for side to it as well though. At 5/1 it doesn't seem a bad bet. (In for Ftops h/l today?)

Happy birthday Tal!

Twitter 10/1 with both now.  I can see it now. "Hard working families spending all day on twitter discussing austerity measures in Cyprus."

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #34517 on: March 19, 2013, 03:24:16 PM »

Yeovil 3.2 bf now
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34518 on: March 19, 2013, 03:31:46 PM »

Twitter at 25/1 with Lads and 33/1 with Satan James. Seems huge

Triple A rating is 5/1 with Laddies and Satan 2/1

£10 Triple A rating and £5 Twitter?

edit: Hard working families seems a good choice.

Triple A seems a bad bet to me.  You don't mention your total fails in politics.  I like the twitter bet too, even gramps goes on twitter these days.

Yeah, can't be 33/1.

I understand your point about Triple A, future target/we aim for side to it as well though. At 5/1 it doesn't seem a bad bet. (In for Ftops h/l today?)

Happy birthday Tal!

Twitter 10/1 with both now.  I can see it now. "Hard working families spending all day on twitter discussing austerity measures in Cyprus."

If that happens, we should change Fred's name for a day to George

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
adnmdv

View Profile
« Reply #34519 on: March 19, 2013, 03:38:08 PM »

re: Yeovil, betting football matches on matchday esp. after the syndicates have got on is a really bad idea in general. Especially if your only info is the form table!
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #34520 on: March 19, 2013, 03:43:29 PM »

Just got home.

Just to clarify - I haven't done much at all on the budget. Just thought it might liven up a quiet day.

The guy who suggested the under had an interesting argument. He used to be the chief political correspondent for a Sunday newspaper. He thinks the firms have priced the length of the speech based on the average over 5 to 10 years. He makes the point that we now have a chancellor's autumn statement and a lot of the boring technical stuff is covered there. He thinks the budget is more of a political speech these days and therefore it's a bit snappier.

He pointed out that in year 1 of the coalition a blue tie was a no-no as he had to show the governemnt working together and not being just Tory. In the 2nd year they could go blue. He feels it might revert to a neutral colour.

He reminded me that Lawson got hammered by the press for using "green shoots" and that effectively killed his career. Made that 100/1. He didn't much like austerity or Cyprus but he sort of liked "we're all in this together".

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #34521 on: March 19, 2013, 03:58:03 PM »

Thoughts on Stevenage to beat Bury?  Whilst I'm not an odds maker, I was suprised to see that Bury are favourites despite losing 5 of their last 6. 

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #34522 on: March 19, 2013, 03:58:14 PM »

Re Budget speech : Stan James are doing 100/1 on the words "Stan" and "James"

A fiver on, .....hoping he quotes some economist/Treasury bod with "James" in his name lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34523 on: March 19, 2013, 04:08:59 PM »

Thoughts on Stevenage to beat Bury?  Whilst I'm not an odds maker, I was suprised to see that Bury are favourites despite losing 5 of their last 6. 

Bury are at home.   The natural order is the home team is the favourite unless the away team are significantly better than them.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #34524 on: March 19, 2013, 04:11:53 PM »

Love the "wake up Ken" at 50s...lol

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34525 on: March 19, 2013, 04:19:57 PM »

Love the "wake up Ken" at 50s...lol

Anything for "Pipe down, Balls"?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34526 on: March 19, 2013, 05:06:39 PM »

Hi Tal, There used a to be a blonde French woman in Team Winamax ho was supposed to be amazing at chess. I just checked out their site but I couldn't find her. I think there are a lot of examples of top chess players who play poker. Ivo Donev is often cited as one, but I don't know enough to know if he is great at chess.

I've just checked (double pun ever so intended) and Donev is an International Master, which is one below Grand Master. Very strong player nonetheless. Well above my level.

Quite a lot of decent chess players of his level play poker on the side for their wages, even if they regard themselves as chess players first.

At his peak, Ylon Schwartz was about the same level as Donev. Almira Skripchenko might be the woman you're talking about, possibly.

Dan Harrington was a strong player in his day.

This bod as well

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=419

He has mild tourettes very weird playing against him.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34527 on: March 19, 2013, 05:13:30 PM »

Hi Tal, There used a to be a blonde French woman in Team Winamax ho was supposed to be amazing at chess. I just checked out their site but I couldn't find her. I think there are a lot of examples of top chess players who play poker. Ivo Donev is often cited as one, but I don't know enough to know if he is great at chess.

I've just checked (double pun ever so intended) and Donev is an International Master, which is one below Grand Master. Very strong player nonetheless. Well above my level.

Quite a lot of decent chess players of his level play poker on the side for their wages, even if they regard themselves as chess players first.

At his peak, Ylon Schwartz was about the same level as Donev. Almira Skripchenko might be the woman you're talking about, possibly.

Dan Harrington was a strong player in his day.

This bod as well

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=419

He has mild tourettes very weird playing against him.

I remember him very well indeed, though I was not aware of his chess prowess, in fact I thought he was a Backgammon wizard.

He was a regular at Concorde, Vienna, and as you say, it was a little disconcerting to play against him because of his ailment.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34528 on: March 19, 2013, 05:15:51 PM »

http://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/politics/british/the-2013-budget/M3982559_1 (thank you Mr Beevers)

Recommend a BUY of Sips of water at 5.2 at £2 per point (or 20p per tenth) Sporting Index

Maximum Downside £11. Realistically though, no sips is unlikely

Upside £2 per sip from 6 sips and over with £1.60 upside from 5.2 to 6

If we are to take Stan and James guide, under 5 sips is 2-1, so an underdog to over 5 sips

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics-and-election/uk-budget/sips-of-water

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34529 on: March 19, 2013, 05:18:54 PM »

Think he is great at anything that uses the mind.  I saw him play a hand in the old wsop trial in the concorde, think it was the biggest trny I'd played at that time, where the money the money went in on an AKx flop and he turned over his queens quite certain he was ahead, to be shown jacks.
Pages: 1 ... 2298 2299 2300 2301 [2302] 2303 2304 2305 2306 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: