blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:45:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3466 3467 3468 3469 [3470] 3471 3472 3473 3474 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443490 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #52035 on: September 03, 2013, 09:30:21 AM »

Backing the ante post best dancer is fine, but I would encourage Fred (and thereby Mr Cake) to keep a keen eye on the market, as, the vast majority of the time, the person who starts as the best dancer does not win the comp. It will likely offer us a good lay, down the line, though.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #52036 on: September 03, 2013, 09:32:12 AM »

They do all make a lot of sense to me Tighty. I agree with the reasons you said. Just need to remember to check that list each week.

Tal - what Tighty said. Ice Creams bet late because they are just betting for fun on the TV game and ice-creams like favourites. TV pundits always talk-up favourites and cause wagons to make a late bet they hadn't really considered earlier. In the NFL 70% of money is from ice-creams and only 30% is from pro-punters. If we can bet when the line has been moved due to the 70% we can win.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #52037 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »

Nice one Tighty.

Was going to put a piece up last night about Jordan Speith last night, but felt it was out of context.

The lad is turning into a bit of a player, both spectacular and becoming more reliable.

He has just turned 20 and I think until the end of the year or until his form slumps, he should be on the TFT roster each week at best available odds.

I hate the saying, the next Tiger, but if there is one, he is it and we should get in now methinks.

I think Tighty is in, any other thoughts?

He does appear to be the real deal, though Fred has missed most of the implied value by now, but no probs in following him for a while. 

I don't think there is a big PGA Event this weekend, think it is a rest week for most of them.

We had a bad weekend on the Golf, but I'm quite relaxed about it, Golf betting is very high variance, & we have to look at the long run.

I did not much enjoy so many players shooting such low scores this weekend, bit of a mockery really, imo.

Sorry, I did forget to put we need a price caveat, and wanted thoughts on what we settle at, say min 33s?

He isn't a player we can currently apply the usual stats to about type of course/previous form/type of event, which should all be worth a few points in our favour as everyone is setting the line pretty blind.

I put him up in the Open, think he was 125/1??  

Next tournament has far less runners than usual (can't remember, maybe 70), so you'd expect him to be a touch shorter than normal.  Should wait for the offers obv, though can't see anyone going 6 places.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #52038 on: September 03, 2013, 09:36:48 AM »

They do all make a lot of sense to me Tighty. I agree with the reasons you said. Just need to remember to check that list each week.

Tal - what Tighty said. Ice Creams bet late because they are just betting for fun on the TV game and ice-creams like favourites. TV pundits always talk-up favourites and cause wagons to make a late bet they hadn't really considered earlier. In the NFL 70% of money is from ice-creams and only 30% is from pro-punters. If we can bet when the line has been moved due to the 70% we can win.

Right-ho.

Thanks, both.

And Tighty, stop doing research, please. You don't need to know how well the sixth choice running back for the Cardinals will perform against blitzes to finish above me in the league.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #52039 on: September 03, 2013, 09:41:17 AM »

Oops, Ashley Taylor Dawson is a dude. Despite having a girly name. Sounds like she should be an actress in Home Improvement.

Natalie Gumball 'just wants to have fun' and sayed in The Sun: "I'm living a dream, getting the opportunity to express something in me that hasn't been expressed."

Sophie Ellis Bextor never struck me as much of a dancer. And a bit serious. Remember she once took umbrage with Frank Skinner for his 'why the wide face' gag.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:43:22 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #52040 on: September 03, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »

Adz, I know you like to save a few bob ITT but this is ridiculous

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/09/kitman-thrifty-arsenal-fan-saves-money-on-his-mesut-ozil-personalised-kit/

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52041 on: September 03, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »

Correct.

We need a volunteer to bump those two Stat Lists every week.

Any offers?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52042 on: September 03, 2013, 09:44:07 AM »

Adz, I know you like to save a few bob ITT but this is ridiculous

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/09/kitman-thrifty-arsenal-fan-saves-money-on-his-mesut-ozil-personalised-kit/

Cracking tablecloth though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #52043 on: September 03, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »

Oops, Ashley Taylor Dawson is a dude. Despite having a girly name. Sounds like she should be an actress in Home Improvement.

Natalie Gumball 'just wants to have fun' and sayed in The Sun: "I'm living a dream, getting the opportunity to express something in me that hasn't been expressed."

Home Improvement. What a show that was. Must have done 200 identical episodes without anyone minding.

(Just checked wiki in case I was way off - 204 episodes!)

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #52044 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:55 AM »

BOOM!

Only Tighty could have penned this. Bet he had Post-It notes on his pillow & everything, been waiting for this opportunity for 6 whole years. ......

In cricket today Ireland play England in an ODI. it might only interest me but Boyd Rankin (England) could open the bowling to Ed Joyce (Ireland).  In 2007 Cricket World Cup Rankin (Ireland) opened to Joyce (England)

Well you say only Tighty, but I'm fairly sure he'll admit to having taken it, verbatim, from Andy Ward's Twitter who tweeted it last night. I've been wrong before though.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52045 on: September 03, 2013, 09:47:10 AM »

BOOM!

Only Tighty could have penned this. Bet he had Post-It notes on his pillow & everything, been waiting for this opportunity for 6 whole years. ......

In cricket today Ireland play England in an ODI. it might only interest me but Boyd Rankin (England) could open the bowling to Ed Joyce (Ireland).  In 2007 Cricket World Cup Rankin (Ireland) opened to Joyce (England)

Well you say only Tighty, but I'm fairly sure he'll admit to having taken it, verbatim, from Andy Ward's Twitter who tweeted it last night. I've been wrong before though.

OK, well Tighty might be the only one who thought it worth remembering.......Wink

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #52046 on: September 03, 2013, 09:47:34 AM »

Reminds me of the Ravanelli story around 02 or cell net as they were then

Said to have run up a five figure bill he never paid when playing for 'boro ringing constantly back to Italy.

Cellnet demanded payment warned him he would be cut off e.t.c

His people quietly suggested he would wear a plain shirt for the next game if they did.

I am guessing the bill was quickly wiped away.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #52047 on: September 03, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »

Whats the offers at Laytown Doobs?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52048 on: September 03, 2013, 09:55:16 AM »

Miss Gumball now 6/1 with Ladbrokes.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #52049 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:24 AM »

Like Magic best priced 7/2

watching brief at that for all this may be a nice complete the set job for Murtagh
Pages: 1 ... 3466 3467 3468 3469 [3470] 3471 3472 3473 3474 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: