blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:23:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4932 4933 4934 4935 [4936] 4937 4938 4939 4940 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13444354 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #74025 on: April 11, 2014, 11:07:07 PM »

We've got Tikay bokking the life out of anything that looks remotely like getting home...

While that is going on, Adz is doing his best to scare winners away with the suggestion that their reward is a spot in his khazi!

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #74026 on: April 11, 2014, 11:08:46 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/who-will-replace-bruce-forsyth-as-host

I know the winkleman stands in for Brucie but would she really get the gig full time, surely they would go for another man to replace him?

Norton has been as high as 16-1 and low as 3-1 best price now 7-1 with billy.

I bet Chris Hollins would be up for it, maybe not a bad outsider at 25-1.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Plenty.

I'd happily have Zoë instead of Tess, but I'd ideally want someone on the show who was a dancer, if only to keep some of the last embers of integrity in the show. Anton probably closest, although I'm not sure I can get "Bring on the wall!" and that awful cooking show out of my head. He has struggled in recent series to be relevant, though, and with his partner Erin Boag having left, it might be time for him to move on. He's still very popular with the audience, so it might be a good solution for the producers.

The Winkleman knows her stuff and is a joy. Again, I don't know what Tess does. Her and Anton would work well. He'd do the job like Tom Whatsisface does on Dancing With the Stars in the US. Bit more reserved, but with the odd quip.

Can't have Graham Norton doing a dancing show. As camp and spangly as people think competitive dancing is, it's not really like that. Being a good dancer was really the mark of being a gentleman. Nowadays, it's leaning to the other side to pass wind.

Vernon is only in there because of Tess. Don't see the Beeb going in that direction myself.

Isn't John Barrowman a song and dance man? Yet you not mentioned him.

Got the right balance of respectability/campness/popularity required surely?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #74027 on: April 11, 2014, 11:09:19 PM »

We've got Tikay bokking the life out of anything that looks remotely like getting home...

While that is going on, Adz is doing his best to scare winners away with the suggestion that their reward is a spot in his khazi!

No chance of you going in then son!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #74028 on: April 11, 2014, 11:30:01 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/who-will-replace-bruce-forsyth-as-host

I know the winkleman stands in for Brucie but would she really get the gig full time, surely they would go for another man to replace him?

Norton has been as high as 16-1 and low as 3-1 best price now 7-1 with billy.

I bet Chris Hollins would be up for it, maybe not a bad outsider at 25-1.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Plenty.

I'd happily have Zoë instead of Tess, but I'd ideally want someone on the show who was a dancer, if only to keep some of the last embers of integrity in the show. Anton probably closest, although I'm not sure I can get "Bring on the wall!" and that awful cooking show out of my head. He has struggled in recent series to be relevant, though, and with his partner Erin Boag having left, it might be time for him to move on. He's still very popular with the audience, so it might be a good solution for the producers.

The Winkleman knows her stuff and is a joy. Again, I don't know what Tess does. Her and Anton would work well. He'd do the job like Tom Whatsisface does on Dancing With the Stars in the US. Bit more reserved, but with the odd quip.

Can't have Graham Norton doing a dancing show. As camp and spangly as people think competitive dancing is, it's not really like that. Being a good dancer was really the mark of being a gentleman. Nowadays, it's leaning to the other side to pass wind.

Vernon is only in there because of Tess. Don't see the Beeb going in that direction myself.

Isn't John Barrowman a song and dance man? Yet you not mentioned him.

Got the right balance of respectability/campness/popularity required surely?

I think it's a pivotal moment for the producers, personally.

They could pick someone from a ballroom background (Anton or someone completely outside, only known in ballroom circles) and push the show back towards the original series, with the work being done being much more about teaching people the basics and educating the audience.

They could pick someone from a TV background who has no discernable dance experience beyond maybe an appearance or two on a show like this as a contestant. Someone who can present well, though, so can secure some views because they're a popular presenter, like Vernon.

They could pick a completely camp, glam explosasaurus to take the farce to another level, so there would be more Anne Widdecombe/Lisa Riley/Russell Grant moments and far less technical input. Norton adds gravitas in his own way but Barrrowman would inevitably be turning it all the way to eleven, else they wouldn't hire him.

I don't see the BBC doing anything other than playing it safe and picking the one that is somewhere between the three, so they don't have to decide. Claudia.

...maybe they'll ask Sir Bruce? He wants Boris.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #74029 on: April 11, 2014, 11:32:19 PM »

Woodland falls away badly finishing with 4 straight bogeys down to +3.

Couples tied 5th. Now 4/11 top senior and 4/9 top 20.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74030 on: April 11, 2014, 11:34:15 PM »

anton was being groomed for it but his grooming divebombed and sunk without trace recently
still think he is in with a shot though and would be a good choice

claudia would be a safe pair of hands tried and tested and liked by the audience

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74031 on: April 11, 2014, 11:38:01 PM »

Woodland falls away badly finishing with 4 straight bogeys down to +3.

Couples tied 5th. Now 4/11 top senior and 4/9 top 20.

moving day tomorrow but i cant see anyone over par getting back into this unless watson has a nightmare
but a few good players bubbling around -1/-2 mark

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #74032 on: April 12, 2014, 12:31:25 AM »

I think Tikay might have been a little unfair about my boyhood idol Arnie's swing when he described it as the worst that he'd ever seen, and it's not just me that thinks so.

www.georgepasdirtz.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/revisiting-arnold-palmers-golf-swing.htm

www.somaxsports.com/video.php?analysis=arnold-palmer-backswing-analysis

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #74033 on: April 12, 2014, 12:33:06 AM »

No chance of you going in then son!

Luckily enough, I can't pick my nose Grin

cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #74034 on: April 12, 2014, 03:26:00 AM »

Not likely a bet that can win, but a place is possible. Not going to waste time with a write-up ... this recommend is all about value:

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/vuelta-a-pais-vasco/winner

Recommend Simon Spilak @ 150/1 (ButterMeUp) £2.50 e/w 1-2-3

Small stakes please. I make it any one of eight riders to finish in third behind Contador and Valverde. Just reckon the price here is way OOL, so I have to bite.

Just a reminder that today sees the final stage of the Vuelta a Pais Vasco. I don't think that Fred got on this recommend, but I'm sure a few others did. With only a hilly time-trial left to decide the general classification, our man Spilak is unlikely to finish on the podium. Although a decent TT rider, he is currently in 14th place, 58sec behind Contador (1st) and 46sec behind Valverde (2nd). Privately, I was hoping that he would be inside 20sec on the final day, as both Contador and Valverde are decent against the clock. More importantly though, Spilak is 17sec in arrears of Michal Kwiatkowski, who has the ability not only to win the stage, but to win the whole damn thing on top of it. We've been slightly unlucky, as Spilak has had a beautiful race, but has been unable to distance himself from the field ... not for lack of trying. I expect him to do well today, but top 5 is the best that can be expected of him.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74035 on: April 12, 2014, 08:07:58 AM »

Not likely a bet that can win, but a place is possible. Not going to waste time with a write-up ... this recommend is all about value:

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/vuelta-a-pais-vasco/winner

Recommend Simon Spilak @ 150/1 (ButterMeUp) £2.50 e/w 1-2-3

Small stakes please. I make it any one of eight riders to finish in third behind Contador and Valverde. Just reckon the price here is way OOL, so I have to bite.

Just a reminder that today sees the final stage of the Vuelta a Pais Vasco. I don't think that Fred got on this recommend, but I'm sure a few others did. With only a hilly time-trial left to decide the general classification, our man Spilak is unlikely to finish on the podium. Although a decent TT rider, he is currently in 14th place, 58sec behind Contador (1st) and 46sec behind Valverde (2nd). Privately, I was hoping that he would be inside 20sec on the final day, as both Contador and Valverde are decent against the clock. More importantly though, Spilak is 17sec in arrears of Michal Kwiatkowski, who has the ability not only to win the stage, but to win the whole damn thing on top of it. We've been slightly unlucky, as Spilak has had a beautiful race, but has been unable to distance himself from the field ... not for lack of trying. I expect him to do well today, but top 5 is the best that can be expected of him.

If Fred never got on, it was an error, as we love your stuff, so keep posting please.

He's unlikely to podiate? Well just hold on. I've honed my bokking skills to new heights of excellence, so I could do the old anti-reverse bok.

Spilak cannot possibly podiate. Abso no chance.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #74036 on: April 12, 2014, 08:09:25 AM »

Chris Holins would certainly be eager for the gig, having spoken to him a couple of months back.

I have no idea if the powers that be are considering him; but given he's a previous winner, proven presenter, amiable sort, and very much 'available' I wouldn't want to be laying 25s. If the acid test of a price in the more subjective/opinion-driven markets is whether you would want to lay it yourself... The price is so big because he fired off at the Beeb over the move to Manchester, but I'm always willing to forgive a horse one bad run.

Recommend £10 Chris Hollins next Strictly host @ 25/1 with BtVctr or WllmHll

Allez!!
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74037 on: April 12, 2014, 08:13:58 AM »

Bubba blew the Masters wide apart.

Five birdies on the spin gives him a three shot lead.

Boom Boom is still in the hunt.

As are two Fred bets.

One bet went down yesterday.

Louis failed to hole enough putts but still well placed.

Dubai popped up again.

Two from Two for the master as Droopys Ultana makes all.

Warriors smashed the Lakers last night.

I only mention this because I'm on them.

Tikay, April 11th, 9.10 pm.

"Half-Time.

Castleford 24 St Helens 6.

Can I bok this one"?

The answer was yes.

Adzy has put up Lie Forrit for the Scottish Grand National.

We could do with a 25/1 winner.

Contador doing what Contador does.

Just for CWS although I guess he's watched it a few times already.

And just to show how up to date I am.

We're not on him yet but will be soon.

Later.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #74038 on: April 12, 2014, 08:15:37 AM »

GSW Smiley

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #74039 on: April 12, 2014, 08:46:26 AM »

Tony Conquest v Ovill McKenzie

I've sat patiently waiting all week on some additional markets being priced up for this one as I expected a rick...I wasn't disappointed. Some have a soft spot for McKenzie after he landed a 25/1 touch in Prizefighter a few tears back. He has a 21-12 record with 10 wins by KO. Firstly, he is better than that record suggests. Secondly he punches harder than his record suggests. Thirdly all of his KO wins have come inside 3 rounds. Reason for that? I think it's twofold. He is a pretty crude slugger who is easy to figure out as he keeps looking for the same shot and also his stamina isn't the best so his punches soon lack snap.

His opponent is a far more skilled technician and if he can get through the early rounds will probably win a wide UD or stop McKenzie late on. However getting through the early rounds won't be straightforward as we can see from McKenzie's record. If we look at Conquest's record if suddenly looks even tougher. He was a big favourite with an unbeaten record when he fought Neil Dawson another pretty crude slugger with crap stamina as we discovered a couple of weeks back. He got sparked in the first round. He has since rebuilt his career with 3 wins but not without another scare along the way. He was down in both the first and 2nd rounds against Wadi Camacho before winning a wide decision.

McKenzie is a 3/1 shot to win the fight which is fair. However we know he is very dangerous early and we know Conquest is vulnerable early. Therefore the 20/1 for McKenzie to win in rounds 1-3 is huge. Bet every day are the only firm with round group betting priced up at the minute and I'm guessing the will let you have 43p. So you can have £20 of mine if you want just let me know.
Pages: 1 ... 4932 4933 4934 4935 [4936] 4937 4938 4939 4940 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: