blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 01:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272881 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5035 5036 5037 5038 [5039] 5040 5041 5042 5043 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13563486 times)
chemicaltoon

View Profile
« Reply #75570 on: April 25, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »

Hi Tikay

Been holding off till I felt I had something useful to contribute, but guess now is as good as any to confirm my Ice Cream status. Guess I will post the last bet I have made and find out the thoughts of the experts.

Man U -1 v Norwich @ evens with B o y l e Sports

Reasoning
I really feel United will be going out to attack this game which Giggs has pretty much stated in press conferences, they will be free of Moyes negativity, and there should be some players that will be looking to perform who have not been able/selected in correct positions during the Moyes reign. I expect Old Trafford to be rocking tomorrow with there golden boy in charge of the club and for the first time this season everyone will be on the same page and I expect United to come out strong.

Concerns are that Norwich will be fighting for everything and managed to score a couple against Liverpool last week, but I feel that says more about the Liverpool defence/philosophy than the Norwich attack.

To clarify I am not a Man United fan, I'm a Newcastle fan (for my sins) and have firmly been in the ABU camp since King Kevs blow up all those years ago, but I just really fancy United this weekend.

I've been trying to understand how some of the others find value in the bets but still not 100% so not sure if the 'evens' represented value or not.

It didn't work out too well for Newcastle when we put the golden boy in charge a couple of years back, but hoping this is a different story Smiley

Looking forward to learning more from this brilliant thread

Kev
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #75571 on: April 25, 2014, 05:29:55 PM »

Nice Post Kev

Post more and good to see you post
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #75572 on: April 25, 2014, 05:30:55 PM »

Wonderful frame of snooker there, Joe Perry played great for 15 frames but just couldn't handle the pressure of the situation.

O'Sullivan couldn't really play much worse in that session and shared it.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #75573 on: April 25, 2014, 05:35:15 PM »

Did you ask when Perry will go favourite Tal?...(now).

I dithered in the most dithersome way, yesterday, since Sir Dithery Ditheringham outdithered the Dither Twins to win the World Dithering Championship.

As I didn't press the green button last night, I can't now press the red one.

As Frankie Howerd almost said:

"Dither ye not!"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #75574 on: April 25, 2014, 05:38:56 PM »

Welcome Kev.  Glad you are enjoying the thread.

With regard to your bet its crucial to always make sure you get the very best price possible on any bet you place.  Backing Man U -1 on the 3 way hcap (with a draw so your bet loses if man u win by 1) is the same as backing them -1.5 on the asian hcap.  Bet365 are 11/10 man u -1.5 on their asian hcap.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-utd-v-norwich/asian-handicap

I have no real views on the bet as such as it's very hard to know what will happen at Old Trafford tomorrow but all the best if you back it but make sure you get the 11/10 at 365 rathen than evens with boyles.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #75575 on: April 25, 2014, 05:40:20 PM »

Barcelona announce the death of Tito Vilanova at the age of 45

Sad
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #75576 on: April 25, 2014, 05:49:17 PM »

Remember a long time ago, when I tipped an outsider to win a chess tournament and he fell apart, finishing...well...last? His name was Teimur Radjabov. He's had a rough few years and has struggled to stay with the elite, sliding down the rankings from a lofty fourth.

Today, this happened:

Body language is pretty conclusive.

He beat the world champ, Magnus Carlsen, as black. No luck involved; Carlsen didn't throw the game away or get into time trouble. Beat him fair and square.

What's particularly remarkable is that Carlsen lost yesterday, too, to another of the elite players, Fabiano Caruana. It is the first time he has lost two consecutive games since 2010. That's a pretty impressive record.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75577 on: April 25, 2014, 05:54:39 PM »

That rather depends upon how many games he has played since 2010 ;-)

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #75578 on: April 25, 2014, 05:58:22 PM »

Tal, imagine Carlsen was playing his clone. Carlsen White vs Carlsen Black. Price it up pls? Interested to understand how much diff playing as Black as opposed to White makes....
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #75579 on: April 25, 2014, 06:15:40 PM »

Short of time so will keep it brief. Levedev to win on points at 19/10 Betway £30.

Lebedev lost last fight after suffering horrific eye injury in first round. Still ahead on the cards when stopped in 11th. Landed flush on Jones many times and he took them. Likely to take a more negative approach this time and win a points decision something like 117-111
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #75580 on: April 25, 2014, 06:28:51 PM »

Glued to Doherty v McManus, gripping stuff.....cheers Tighty Smiley
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #75581 on: April 25, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »

Hi Tikay

Been holding off till I felt I had something useful to contribute, but guess now is as good as any to confirm my Ice Cream status. Guess I will post the last bet I have made and find out the thoughts of the experts.

Man U -1 v Norwich @ evens with B o y l e Sports

Reasoning
I really feel United will be going out to attack this game which Giggs has pretty much stated in press conferences, they will be free of Moyes negativity, and there should be some players that will be looking to perform who have not been able/selected in correct positions during the Moyes reign. I expect Old Trafford to be rocking tomorrow with there golden boy in charge of the club and for the first time this season everyone will be on the same page and I expect United to come out strong.

Concerns are that Norwich will be fighting for everything and managed to score a couple against Liverpool last week, but I feel that says more about the Liverpool defence/philosophy than the Norwich attack.

To clarify I am not a Man United fan, I'm a Newcastle fan (for my sins) and have firmly been in the ABU camp since King Kevs blow up all those years ago, but I just really fancy United this weekend.

I've been trying to understand how some of the others find value in the bets but still not 100% so not sure if the 'evens' represented value or not.

It didn't work out too well for Newcastle when we put the golden boy in charge a couple of years back, but hoping this is a different story Smiley

Looking forward to learning more from this brilliant thread

Kev

Welcome welcome Kev. Tradition dictates that you give your top five TfT faves, with a line on each. It's like an induction ritual.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #75582 on: April 25, 2014, 06:44:37 PM »

Tal, imagine Carlsen was playing his clone. Carlsen White vs Carlsen Black. Price it up pls? Interested to understand how much diff playing as Black as opposed to White makes....

There is definitely an issue of competing styles of play, just as you get in football, rugby or any other 1 v 1 sport. That was part of the problem for Anand in the world championship: Carlsen nullified his opening preparation and outplayed him in the endgame.

As for the Player A v Player B model, here's some data:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-move_advantage_in_chess

I'd generally work off:

White win 2/1
Draw 6/4  
Black win 3/1

Obviously, there are lots of factors for each game, just as you get in anything else. Elite Some guys (at all levels) are draw merchants. If Anand plays Aronian, the draw will be 1/2. My club in Birmingham has a trophy for the player who had the most draws in a season: the Nickers Trophy (baddum tsh).

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #75583 on: April 25, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »

There is definitely an issue of competing styles of play, just as you get in football, rugby or any other 1 v 1 sport. That was part of the problem for Anand in the world championship: Carlsen nullified his opening preparation and outplayed him in the endgame.

I'd generally work off:

White win 2/1
Draw 6/4  
Black win 3/1

Obviously, there are lots of factors for each game, just as you get in anything else. Elite Some guys (at all levels) are draw merchants. If Anand plays Aronian, the draw will be 1/2. My club in Birmingham has a trophy for the player who had the most draws in a season: the Nickers Trophy (baddum tsh).

Love the underround.  Please open a shop soon.  Wink

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #75584 on: April 25, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »

I'd generally work off:

White win 2/1
Draw 6/4  
Black win 3/1

Love the underround.  Please open a shop soon.  Wink

Lol

I gave that as the rough guide. Behave! Haven't you got threes to raise to the sixth power? Where's your spider?

Pages: 1 ... 5035 5036 5037 5038 [5039] 5040 5041 5042 5043 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: