blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:09:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5609 5610 5611 5612 [5613] 5614 5615 5616 5617 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13442495 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84180 on: July 30, 2014, 11:40:54 AM »

Before Neil posts anything, the 3.40 looks excellent if we can get 8 runners.  It has 3 no hopers and a short priced favourite.  Any of the next 4 in the betting after the favourite is going to be a good bet.

I think it is best to wait until this afternoon before betting and by then I will have read Neil's stuff so am going to be in a slightly compromised position.  I think it should be still ok to put something up as the value is blindingly obvious.

I like Dr No at 8-1, given the shape if it is e/w 1/4 1,2,3 a bit later

ran well in the Coventry, which has produced lots of subsequent winners

before that it beat Aktabantay at Nottingham by 2l. That horse then went on to run a close second at Newmarket's July meeting on that saturday with the freak weather in ground he hated

but Ahlan E or Tupi look fine too, as you say

I had a look at all 4 and thought I could back any of them.  Ahlan E has form with Kool Kompany who we seemed to catch on his only off day this year when we backed him at Ascot.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #84181 on: July 30, 2014, 11:42:10 AM »

Before Neil posts anything, the 3.40 looks excellent if we can get 8 runners.  It has 3 no hopers and a short priced favourite.  Any of the next 4 in the betting after the favourite is going to be a good bet.

I think it is best to wait until this afternoon before betting and by then I will have read Neil's stuff so am going to be in a slightly compromised position.  I think it should be still ok to put something up as the value is blindingly obvious.

before that it beat Aktabantay at Nottingham by 2l. That horse then went on to run a close second at Newmarket's July meeting on that saturday with the freak weather in ground he hated

I liked Tupi fwiw.  The Hannon yard have done well in this race in the past and going on one of the things Neil mentioned yesterday this looks like the bet to me.  Like Doobs I'd be waiting till later in day make sure there are no NR's.  
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84182 on: July 30, 2014, 11:42:19 AM »

Do not worry, the story is not true.

Ross will be playing but is having a well-earned rest over the Summer. He is being sponsored this season by a local company in Guernsey which is confirmed on the Guernsey FC Facebook page. My man on the ground just said he is just going to join pre-season late.

He will be our main man. Won the golden boot last year scoring 54 goals. When they win the league then will see if I can get him in the thread.

Cheers for the update Mark.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84183 on: July 30, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »

I liked Tupi fwiw.  The Hannon yard have done well in this race in the past and going on one of the things Neil mentioned yesterday this looks like the bet to me.  Like Doobs I'd be waiting till later in day make sure there are no NR's.  

Tupi was probably my favourite.  We could probably delegate the picking of 1 or 2 of the 4 to somebody else who hasn't read Neil's stuff at 3.15 or so.  It would be a shame to miss the value for thread, but am guessing me, you and Tighty will all be a bit compromised at 3.15.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84184 on: July 30, 2014, 12:03:49 PM »

the problem is i can't get 7-1 Tupi anywhere we can get on at 1/4 odds

the only 7-1 i can get is ladbrokes 1/5th

1/4 is bet365, boyle, stan james

i can get 15/2 dr no corals 1/4 but not 8/1 1/4

i can only get 4-1 ahlan e 1/4

basically everywhere offering the best terms don't want the thread's business...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84185 on: July 30, 2014, 12:09:29 PM »

anyway, faced with the above i have done the following, all maxxed with B365

Tupi

3.40 Goodwood

£7.14 e/w 1/4 1,2,3

7-1

Ahlan E

£10 e/w 1/4 1,2,3

5-1

if it loses a runner beforehand, so be it.

As people are aware, its tricky once compromised by knowledge of what the BE paid package recommends

My eyes are open wide
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #84186 on: July 30, 2014, 12:21:53 PM »

anyway, faced with the above i have done the following, all maxxed with B365

Tupi

3.40 Goodwood

£7.14 e/w 1/4 1,2,3

7-1

Ahlan E

£10 e/w 1/4 1,2,3

5-1

if it loses a runner beforehand, so be it.

As people are aware, its tricky once compromised by knowledge of what the BE paid package recommends

Can you try doing what Adz and Tikay alluded to yesterday with 365?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84187 on: July 30, 2014, 01:26:45 PM »

I quite like the idea of arbboy as a rival Martin Lewis. Like an after-the-watershed, not allowed on the One Show version.

"Dump those ISAs, stop giving Johnny Banker your money to lose and lump it on Diego Costa to get six goals this season with his head with Sadjokes! Hurry! It's six spots over betfair and you're buying money! What are you waiting for? Stop making the dinner and get your flaming laptop out! BUY BUY BUY!!!"

Love it!

Cheesy

The likelihood of sky bet or bet365 going busto in the next year is smaller than any bank.  If I had. 5/10k sitting in instant access isa accounts and I had never had a 365 or sky bet account before opening two up and investing your money for 8/9 months here instead is a no brainer.  That obviously assumes it's dead money and you won't need it at all in the next year which is what most is a funds effectively are for most people.  If you spread the 10k out over the five 95% books or lower you should easily get the 10k invested on two new accounts. Sit back feet up and withdrawal you 10700 ish in April/ may. Risk free tax free and totally legal.  Add in the free bets from both new accounts and you are probably looking at closer to £11k returned in 9 months.

I might email martin and tell him he has missed this off his weekly email this morning.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:32:26 PM by arbboy » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #84188 on: July 30, 2014, 01:48:03 PM »

"The likelihood of sky bet or bet365 going busto in the next year is smaller than any bank."

Perhaps - but bank depositers get the £55k government guarantee (or whatever it is) so there is more credit risk with the bookie.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84189 on: July 30, 2014, 01:53:20 PM »

"The likelihood of sky bet or bet365 going busto in the next year is smaller than any bank."

Perhaps - but bank depositers get the £55k government guarantee (or whatever it is) so there is more credit risk with the bookie.

Sure but I am happy to take that tiny chance to increase my likely return by 400%
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84190 on: July 30, 2014, 03:27:31 PM »

We were looking to take on Donny this season right?

Baldy has stuck them in a seasonal match bet v the mighty Poshies and are 10-11 each of two.

They have the teams pretty close in outright betting (11-1 Posh, 12-1 Donny) but Poshies are as short as 9-1 in a place, with Donny as big as 20-1 with Choral.

Feels like this should be a chunky one? Let's go for the MAXXXXXXXXXXXX

We have 20-1 Doncaster to be relegated

We have Peterborough to be promoted

We have a Peterborough player to be league one golden boot

Peterborough are going to score 100s of goals this season

ergo, a maximum on the match bet does seem appropriate

£220.00 Single
Market   Selection   Price   Hcp
League One 2014/2015 - Season Match Bets
Doncaster V Peterborough
   Peterborough    10/11    
Total stake   £ 220.00
Estimated return   £ 420.00
Full stake   £ 220.00
Full estimated return   £ 420.00

Apologies for late input, been AWOL 24 hours.

Can I assume that is a typo? You mean £22, not £220, right? Right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84191 on: July 30, 2014, 03:29:35 PM »

Do not worry, the story is not true.

Ross will be playing but is having a well-earned rest over the Summer. He is being sponsored this season by a local company in Guernsey which is confirmed on the Guernsey FC Facebook page. My man on the ground just said he is just going to join pre-season late.

He will be our main man. Won the golden boot last year scoring 54 goals. When they win the league then will see if I can get him in the thread.

When does Guernsey's season proper commence, please?

Really looking forward to following this. Fun times for Tighty, in his Daily Report, too,

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84192 on: July 30, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »

Wow @ Kingman.

Lovely race to watch.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84193 on: July 30, 2014, 03:53:13 PM »

We were looking to take on Donny this season right?

Baldy has stuck them in a seasonal match bet v the mighty Poshies and are 10-11 each of two.

They have the teams pretty close in outright betting (11-1 Posh, 12-1 Donny) but Poshies are as short as 9-1 in a place, with Donny as big as 20-1 with Choral.

Feels like this should be a chunky one? Let's go for the MAXXXXXXXXXXXX

We have 20-1 Doncaster to be relegated

We have Peterborough to be promoted

We have a Peterborough player to be league one golden boot

Peterborough are going to score 100s of goals this season

ergo, a maximum on the match bet does seem appropriate

£220.00 Single
Market   Selection   Price   Hcp
League One 2014/2015 - Season Match Bets
Doncaster V Peterborough
   Peterborough    10/11    
Total stake   £ 220.00
Estimated return   £ 420.00
Full stake   £ 220.00
Full estimated return   £ 420.00

Apologies for late input, been AWOL 24 hours.

Can I assume that is a typo? You mean £22, not £220, right? Right?

about 3% of a £3k starting book and £4k+ profit so £7000ish is £210-220.

go AWOL less often ;-)

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #84194 on: July 30, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »

It's best when Tighty's in charge. Flicks it in with impunitah.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 5609 5610 5611 5612 [5613] 5614 5615 5616 5617 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: