blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:51:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13440059 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #8430 on: June 12, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »

Paddy Power have shunted Jess back out to 4/1 for SPOTY. Everyone else is 11/4 or 3/1 and she's been done at around that price on Betty this week.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »

14 year old into the us open

imagine that well i cant really but being able to even think about handling the pressure at that age
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: June 12, 2012, 10:05:43 AM »

Paddy Power have shunted Jess back out to 4/1 for SPOTY. Everyone else is 11/4 or 3/1 and she's been done at around that price on Betty this week.

Probably because Bradley Wiggins has shortened for SPOTY and presumably the Tour De France.  I remember someone tipping him in the thread and I know I have laid him for SPOTY

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: June 12, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »

I see good value in Russia beating Poland tonight at 4-5 with the saftey net of draw no bet

You need to place your bet at 1.8 on Betfair and wait for it to be taken  

I really like this one so a biggish bet

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/poland-v-russia/draw-no-bet
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: June 12, 2012, 10:20:02 AM »

I see good value in Russia beating Poland tonight at 4-5 with the saftey net of draw no bet

You need to place your bet at 1.8 on Betfair and wait for it to be taken  

I really like this one so a biggish bet

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/poland-v-russia/draw-no-bet

Am not averse to, say, £100 on that Fraser, Russia were very impressive in their first outing, but I'd like to hear some more feedback first.

I is listening......

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: June 12, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »

Banzai cricket time

the T20 starts today

You have a bet on one of the favourites, Surrey, to win it provided by The Venerable Bede of blonde Poker, Karabiner

Three Groups, regionalised

Top 2 in each group and 2 best others go through to the Quarters, from which point it is knock out

It's a high variance game, as you would expect in a short format. It's to cricket what 4 max is to poker

Last year Leicestershire won, a very small county who were backable pre-tournament at 66-1

In the same vein I am proposing an each way Banzai on a team at 33-1 (in multiple places) for a sweat over a month long event

Welsh Dragons

Glamorgan, to you and me

They are joint outsiders of the 18 counties

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/domestic/friends-life-t20/winner

Yet, they have talent that belies that

They have signed Shaun Marsh, to go alongside fellow Aussie Batsman Marcus North. They also have one of the most prolific One Day batsman in the domestic game, Martin Van Jaarsveld signed for this. MVJ originally signed for Leics, but welched on the deal to go to play for the Dragons

Bowling wise they are led by 2005 Ashes hero Simon Jones

They will be a lot more competitive than their odds say. Just as an indication of this, last Sunday Glamorgan beat Durham on a slow one in the CB40 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/hi/english/static/cricket/statistics/scorecards/2012/06/o34299/html/scorecard.stm

They begin their tournament tomorrow at Wantage Road, Northampton

The tournament overall begins with two matches today

Very much a "value" based selection this, £10 e/w please

The value is derived from

- mean reversion element of the format
- Unfashionable side
- Decent signings for the format, but not the flashy names that gets punters noticing them

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: June 12, 2012, 10:24:12 AM »

personally i am not sure you can "rely" on russia to play the same as the other night again in the tournament

having said that they probably will not need to against poland, no love lost between the two and a point for both would not be the worst result ever.

slightly favour russia but cant say the price excites me
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: June 12, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »

Banzai cricket time

the T20 starts today

You have a bet on one of the favourites, Surrey, to win it provided by The Venerable Bede of blonde Poker, Karabiner

Three Groups, regionalised

Top 2 in each group and 2 best others go through to the Quarters, from which point it is knock out

It's a high variance game, as you would expect in a short format. It's to cricket what 4 max is to poker

Last year Leicestershire won, a very small county who were backable pre-tournament at 66-1

In the same vein I am proposing an each way Banzai on a team at 33-1 (in multiple places) for a sweat over a month long event

Welsh Dragons

Glamorgan, to you and me

They are joint outsiders of the 18 counties

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/domestic/friends-life-t20/winner

Yet, they have talent that belies that

They have signed Shaun Marsh, to go alongside fellow Aussie Batsman Marcus North. They also have one of the most prolific One Day batsman in the domestic game, Martin Van Jaarsveld signed for this. MVJ originally signed for Leics, but welched on the deal to go to play for the Dragons

Bowling wise they are led by 2005 Ashes hero Simon Jones

They will be a lot more competitive than their odds say. Just as an indication of this, last Sunday Glamorgan beat Durham on a slow one in the CB40 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/hi/english/static/cricket/statistics/scorecards/2012/06/o34299/html/scorecard.stm

They begin their tournament tomorrow at Wantage Road, Northampton

The tournament overall begins with two matches today

Very much a "value" based selection this, £10 e/w please

The value is derived from

- mean reversion element of the format
- Unfashionable side
- Decent signings for the format, but not the flashy names that gets punters noticing them

Frankly, Richard, that is both ridiculous & irrestible at the same time.

£20 to have a sweat for over £500, & spends weeks & weeks mocking you, the weather, & Bell Graph excuses galore?

You got it. £10 EW, Welsh Dragons, @ 33/1, Blue Square.

ON

Selection 1

Selection Welsh Dragons @ 33/1 
Market
 Outright Winner

Event
 Friends Life t20
Friends Life t20 2012
2012-06-12 17:00:00

Bet Type

Bet Type
 Each Way Single

Unit Stake
 £10.00

Number of Units
 x2

Total Stake
 £20.00

Time and Date Placed
 2012-06-12 10:37:26

Receipt Number
 O/0891659/0000046

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: June 12, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »

14 year old into the us open

imagine that well i cant really but being able to even think about handling the pressure at that age

I know he got in the field due to Casey's withdrawal but how did he qualify?

<edit>

I've just found out that he lost in a playoff in a sectional qualifier in Florida, no mean achievement in itself.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:43:12 AM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: June 12, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »

The following is taken directly from 3G's blog.

Sunday, June 10th 2012

First day in The Olympic, played 18 holes and chipped from all over around the 18 greens. This course is a real test of patience and shot making. All fairways are inclined and all greens are sloping one way or the other but a lot from right to left. The holes are going up and down from the 1rst to the 18th and the ball is never on feets level, nor are the feets at the same level! The greens are small, they are super fast and super firm. It's a quite demanding course and all cards with an under par score are very well played. All observers agreed on one thing, there will be not many people under par after the 4 rounds.
The other feeling is the beauty of the course, splendid trees, nice design, proximity of the Pacific sea, beautiful setting for an Open! The beauty and the beast, you can call The Olympic with those words.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: June 12, 2012, 10:50:18 AM »

The following is taken directly from 3G's blog.

Sunday, June 10th 2012

First day in The Olympic, played 18 holes and chipped from all over around the 18 greens. This course is a real test of patience and shot making. All fairways are inclined and all greens are sloping one way or the other but a lot from right to left. The holes are going up and down from the 1rst to the 18th and the ball is never on feets level, nor are the feets at the same level! The greens are small, they are super fast and super firm. It's a quite demanding course and all cards with an under par score are very well played. All observers agreed on one thing, there will be not many people under par after the 4 rounds.
The other feeling is the beauty of the course, splendid trees, nice design, proximity of the Pacific sea, beautiful setting for an Open! The beauty and the beast, you can call The Olympic with those words.

Genk's finest!

I would assume a no-hoper, but in Golf, we are allowed to throw the occasional loose dart, so he gets a dart, aimed right at the bulls eye.

I'll be investing, very small, but we might get a Daily TR from him, or you, worth the cost for that alone, to oil the thread. Wink

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: June 12, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »

3G is certainly capable of hitting some outstanding shots, especially with long irons and he has great distance. By all accounts this course is going to test patience and nerve and I am not sure he is up to it. Having read the official course description hole by hole I am leaning towards real "grafters" to do well. When it was played here last, in 1998 Payne Stewart lost a 7 shot lead on the last day to lose to Lee Janzen who won in level par. Nick Price and Tom Lehman did well and they are not the longest hitters. The 1st hole, a par 5 last time , is now a 522 yds par 4! How can that be right?

Every year the major courses are described as favouring long straight hitters. I am looking forward to the day when it is said to favour those players who hit it "very short and extremely bendy"- because that would give me a real chance!

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: June 12, 2012, 11:24:52 AM »

personally i am not sure you can "rely" on russia to play the same as the other night again in the tournament

having said that they probably will not need to against poland, no love lost between the two and a point for both would not be the worst result ever.

Its a great price

What odds would you want draw no bet ?  Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: June 12, 2012, 11:30:23 AM »

3G is certainly capable of hitting some outstanding shots, especially with long irons and he has great distance. By all accounts this course is going to test patience and nerve and I am not sure he is up to it. Having read the official course description hole by hole I am leaning towards real "grafters" to do well. When it was played here last, in 1998 Payne Stewart lost a 7 shot lead on the last day to lose to Lee Janzen who won in level par. Nick Price and Tom Lehman did well and they are not the longest hitters. The 1st hole, a par 5 last time , is now a 522 yds par 4! How can that be right?

Every year the major courses are described as favouring long straight hitters. I am looking forward to the day when it is said to favour those players who hit it "very short and extremely bendy"- because that would give me a real chance!

Lol @ "short & bendy"!

We WILL have £5 or £10 for the fun, he probably has no chance, he seems a little starry-eyed, but what's not to like?

He is currently 220 on Betty, & 150/1 with the Bookies.

There are oodles of ways to bet on this Event, make cut, top 20, top 10, EW with bookies, etc, so we'll have a proper look later, & see what folks say, but we'll cock a deaf 'un to the golf experts, we are deffo having a stray fiver minimum.

The bet is not "formally" on for the thread yet, but I HAVE "reserved" £5 @ 220 on Betty. Wink
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:33:51 AM by tikay » Logged

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: June 12, 2012, 11:33:33 AM »

Its a great price

What odds would you want draw no bet ?  Smiley

i am not a great draw no bet bettor tbh so not sure good luck with the bet
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: