blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:57:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272824 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5732 5733 5734 5735 [5736] 5737 5738 5739 5740 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13554954 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #86025 on: August 29, 2014, 11:19:31 AM »

If you want weather news it would be a shame to let this gem from Tal on the fantasy NFL thread go to waste

08-28-14 16:38:00

Howdy Tal!

Thank you for your inquiry.

I'm delighted to hear you're so interested in our weather forecasts, as we don't often get requests from people in the UK for regional weather patterns in Florida.

Whilst we make every effort to predict as accurately and as far as we can, it isn't within our capabilities in 2014 to give you proper projections for temperature, average rainfall, pressure levels and wind speed for August 2015 thru February 2018.

In answer to your other question, unfortunately, we don't believe our sister stations in New England, Arizona and Washington will be "any more help".

Regards,

Rainie Daye
Channel 8 News

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #86026 on: August 29, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »

Haha Tikay - I was listening to the last cricket world cup on some long wave and that popped up during the innings break and I had no idea what was going on!  Went on for ages.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #86027 on: August 29, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »

I now get to report on this daily. Tremendous, no downside to that at all.

Event Information:    Scottish Independence Referendum
Scottish Referendum
2014-09-18 12:00:00
Market:    Yes Vote Percentage
Selection:    45 - 50% @ 7/2

Receipt No.:    O/142640973/0000726
Placed at:    10:02 29/08/2014
Bet Type:    Single
Stake Per Line:    £50.00
Number of lines:    1
Stake:    £50.00
Tax:    £0.00
Tax Rate:    0.00%
Total Paid:    £50.00

£225.00

Where are the daily weather reportsHuh??? Grin  Are we assuming its locked up?

Good point.

We ought to have a sort of Tighty version of the Shipping Forecast. Every day.

You ever listened to the Shipping Forecast on the wireless? GREAT little show, that.

Channel Light Vessel Automatic. Moderate or good, occasionally poor.

Its going to be rough and choppy over Doggers bank, that kind of thing?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86028 on: August 29, 2014, 11:23:21 AM »

If you want weather news it would be a shame to let this gem from Tal on the fantasy NFL thread go to waste

Howdy Tal!

I'm delighted to hear you're so interested in our weather forecasts, as we don't often get requests from people in the UK for regional weather patterns in Florida.

Whilst we make every effort to predict as accurately and as far as we can, it isn't within our capabilities in 2014 to give you proper projections for temperature, average rainfall, pressure levels and wind speed for August 2015 thru February 2018.

In answer to your other question, unfortunately, we don't believe our sister stations in New England, Arizona and Washington will be "any more help".

Regards,

Rainie Daye
Channel 8 News

Superb!

God bless Posh Bloke.

They do take this fantasy league stuff serious, eh?

Did you know I'm leading the Ch 861 Fantasy Football League? "Concrete Jungle" ftw.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:26:31 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86029 on: August 29, 2014, 11:25:36 AM »

I now get to report on this daily. Tremendous, no downside to that at all.

Event Information:    Scottish Independence Referendum
Scottish Referendum
2014-09-18 12:00:00
Market:    Yes Vote Percentage
Selection:    45 - 50% @ 7/2

Receipt No.:    O/142640973/0000726
Placed at:    10:02 29/08/2014
Bet Type:    Single
Stake Per Line:    £50.00
Number of lines:    1
Stake:    £50.00
Tax:    £0.00
Tax Rate:    0.00%
Total Paid:    £50.00

£225.00

Where are the daily weather reportsHuh??? Grin  Are we assuming its locked up?

Good point.

We ought to have a sort of Tighty version of the Shipping Forecast. Every day.

You ever listened to the Shipping Forecast on the wireless? GREAT little show, that.

Channel Light Vessel Automatic. Moderate or good, occasionally poor.

Its going to be rough and choppy over Doggers bank, that kind of thing?

No no no, keep it clean Phil, this is a serious matter. Very serious.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86030 on: August 29, 2014, 11:30:22 AM »

Haha Tikay - I was listening to the last cricket world cup on some long wave and that popped up during the innings break and I had no idea what was going on!  Went on for ages.

It has to happen at EXACT set times, every day. Nothing can stand in the way.

The times are....

0048 - transmitted on FM and LW. Includes weather reports from an extended list of coastal stations at 0052 and an inshore waters forecast at 0055 and concludes with a brief UK weather outlook for the coming day. The broadcast finishes at approximately 0058.

- transmitted on FM and LW. Includes weather reports from coastal stations at 0525, and an inshore waters forecast at 0527.

1201 - normally transmitted on LW only.

1754 - transmitted only on LW on weekdays, as an opt-out from the PM programme, but at weekends transmitted on both FM and LW.

The unique and distinctive sound of these broadcasts has led to their attracting an audience much wider than that directly interested in maritime weather conditions. Many listeners find the repetition of the names of the sea areas almost hypnotic, particularly during the night-time broadcast at 0048 UK time.

I try to listen to the 0048 before going to sleep, & the 0520 whilst driving to work. Living the dream, me.

Great Wiki page, too......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping_Forecast

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #86031 on: August 29, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »

Howdy Tal!

Regards,

Rainie Daye
Channel 8 News

Superb!

God bless Posh Bloke.

Did you know I'm leading the Ch 861 Fantasy Football League? "Concrete Jungle" ftw.

Congrats on your early lead mate, if you thought the fantasy NFL league was serious we have now moved on to the more serious game, the Dynasty league. Just to put it into context here is another gem (last one I promise)

''And I don't know if being a Redskins fan distorts my reality, or because I have a distorted sense of reality, I am a 'Skins fan. But that does segue into making very clear where rooting for the Redskins stands on my rooting priority list. From lowest to highest:

The Redskins: They're kind of like a stripper. I may enjoy watching them play, but nothing I ever do will ever have a meaningful impact on what they do, are, or think about me. Only my money keeps the stripper rubbing up against me, once my money is gone and I'm not buying tickets to games, apparel, TV/internet viewing packages, they have absolutely zero interest in me. Still, there's no denying they're fun to watch.

Any sports bets I have: These are like 1-night stands. They're fun to root for, and even if you have an established track record of (un)successfully pulling them off, all you know are your general chances of it working out favorably. Because on any bet/any pick-up attempt, anything can happen, but you know it's never going to last.

My redrafter FFB teams: These are like a girlfriend. A good deal of choice and pride goes into them. I care what they're like. They reflect on me. A good girl/team reflects favorably on me, and is a hell of a lot more fun than a gf/team that's ugly/psychotic/terrible which just make you "that guy".

Now, the absolute top priority is the dynasty team. This like a wife. It is a lifelong (or at least very long) commitment. And while sometimes luck can lead to drawing a bad gf or having a bad FF season, there is only one person who gets the credit for what a dynasty team looks like. I've created my dynasty team lovingly and with pride. We're going to be very happy together for a long time. Coincidentally, I mentioned this set of analogies to my wife, and she wasn't exactly amused. But whatever. My dynasty team is awesome.

Edit: Input an omitted word. Serious business''

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #86032 on: August 29, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/uk-politics?ev_oc_grp_ids=1898181

Following on from the big arb on ukip winning a seat at the next general election, Paddy have made ukip 1/4 tories 10/3 to win the by election at Clacton (i can't find any other prices for this on oddschecker etc from other firms - if anyone sees any can they post links on here).  I assume this price would be similar for the general election next year so the 2/5 with Coral for ukip to win ANY seat at the next GE looks huge value given they will have numerous other live chances outside of Clacton.

1/4 for UKIP to win by-election is too short surely.  Who knows how electorate will react?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86033 on: August 29, 2014, 11:45:58 AM »

Howdy Tal!

Regards,

Rainie Daye
Channel 8 News

Superb!

God bless Posh Bloke.

Congrats on your early lead mate, if you thought the fantasy NFL league was serious we have now moved on to the more serious game, the Dynasty league. Just to put it into context here is another gem (last one I promise)

''And I don't know if being a Redskins fan distorts my reality, or because I have a distorted sense of reality, I am a 'Skins fan. But that does segue into making very clear where rooting for the Redskins stands on my rooting priority list. From lowest to highest:

The Redskins: They're kind of like a stripper. I may enjoy watching them play, but nothing I ever do will ever have a meaningful impact on what they do, are, or think about me. Only my money keeps the stripper rubbing up against me, once my money is gone and I'm not buying tickets to games, apparel, TV/internet viewing packages, they have absolutely zero interest in me. Still, there's no denying they're fun to watch.

Any sports bets I have: These are like 1-night stands. They're fun to root for, and even if you have an established track record of (un)successfully pulling them off, all you know are your general chances of it working out favorably. Because on any bet/any pick-up attempt, anything can happen, but you know it's never going to last.

My redrafter FFB teams: These are like a girlfriend. A good deal of choice and pride goes into them. I care what they're like. They reflect on me. A good girl/team reflects favorably on me, and is a hell of a lot more fun than a gf/team that's ugly/psychotic/terrible which just make you "that guy".

Now, the absolute top priority is the dynasty team. This like a wife. It is a lifelong (or at least very long) commitment. And while sometimes luck can lead to drawing a bad gf or having a bad FF season, there is only one person who gets the credit for what a dynasty team looks like. I've created my dynasty team lovingly and with pride. We're going to be very happy together for a long time. Coincidentally, I mentioned this set of analogies to my wife, and she wasn't exactly amused. But whatever. My dynasty team is awesome.

Edit: Input an omitted word. Serious business''

Jeez, never even heard of Dynasty League.

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/

Serious business, by the look of it, too.

Dynasty WR Deep Dive: Application & Evaluation, Part Two

Part TWO ffs? How many parts can there be?

Seems a bit like Garden Sheds, which are also an obsession with some. I wonder if these things are somehow linked to being a henpecked husband?

Best get back to UKIP, & that Referendum thing. Serious business.....

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #86034 on: August 29, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »

The Blonde Dynasty (pronounced DYE-nass-tee, naturellement) League was last night's endeavour. You select a squad and keep it over the years, like you would in Championship Manager. There's all the obvious folks you want in your squad, but the shrewdies are the ones who can spot future stars, who they can either keep or sell at a premium later on. The stars of tomorrow are just as important as the stars of today.

Could you imagine doing something similar in poker? Which of the fifty thousand eighteen year olds should you be getting into your stable for the 2017 WSOP?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:52:56 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86035 on: August 29, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »

The Blonde Dynasty (pronounced DYE-nass-tee, naturellement) League was last night's endeavour. You select a squad and keep it over the years, like you would in Championship Manager. There's all the obvious folks you want in your squad, but the shrewdies are the ones who can spot future stars, who they can either keep or sell at a premium later on. The stars of tomorrow are just as important as the stars of today.

Could you imagine doing something similar in poker? Which of the fifty thousand eighteen year olds should you be getting into your stable for the 2017 WSOP?

Crikey, I must have had a sheltered life, never heard of that, either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Manager_series

Got some awesome stuff in there......

In one bug, non-league club Northwich Victoria would move to a stadium with a capacity of 850,000.

Is this game for grown-ups as well, or just children?

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #86036 on: August 29, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »

Championship Manager/Football Manager is the greatest thing ever created. Played it for years and my claim to fame is that I was actually on the game for a few versions.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86037 on: August 29, 2014, 12:10:15 PM »

Championship Manager/Football Manager is the greatest thing ever created. Played it for years and my claim to fame is that I was actually on the game for a few versions.

It's confusing as I still call it Champ Man but the true game is now called Football Manager. Got very excited when someone told me the new version was out on iPad last week before realising it was the old pretender.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86038 on: August 29, 2014, 12:12:46 PM »

What?

Did you never have a Snakes & Ladders board, or a tennis ball?

Good grief man.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #86039 on: August 29, 2014, 12:16:23 PM »

Agree with Scotty

Bring back To Madeira, even though he was a made up player

glory days
Pages: 1 ... 5732 5733 5734 5735 [5736] 5737 5738 5739 5740 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: