blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5841 5842 5843 5844 [5845] 5846 5847 5848 5849 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446449 times)
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #87660 on: September 25, 2014, 12:52:06 PM »

Ed

when you say "perm it up", you mean both foursomes and both fourballs to halve? fourballs only?

the best day 1 4ball tie odds are around 11/4? foursomes around 5/2?

why is this mis-priced?

Sorry, should have been clearer.

Each, individual, 4ball match will be priced up once the pairings announced this evening. I would imagine they will generally bet between 9/2-11/2 the halved match as a genericapproach. It's a 'negative' outcome, rather like the draw in football, as patriotic/positive money lumps either side of the outcome, but rarely on it. Therefore from a utility perspective the books might be consciously trying to fill the halved match...but I think it's actually just a genuine mispricing. I think halved match odds in 4ball golf should centre around 4.8-4.9 decimal, for reasons I won't go into.....but that obviously makes even 9/2 in each match a bet.

Personally, especially nowadays that I'm a mug punter with no time for anything....I will be playing a halved 4ball Yankee and sweating the lot of them. The 4somes as a format is, in my opinion, less likely to produce halved matches so I leave those alone.

All EV aside, it's a fantastic fun bet to sweat!

Allez!!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #87661 on: September 25, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »

I like Jim Furyk in the top US points-scorer market and even the 8/1 looks okay.

He's nailed-on to play foursomes on both days and as arguably the US's most in-form player I think he has a good chance of playing in one of the fourball matches too.

Recommend £10 to win on Furyk for top US on betty where I got 10/1.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #87662 on: September 25, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »

In a Betfred shop and they're 9/4 USA
Prob file under value losers if it blows but must bet for me.
Dunno if it's online
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #87663 on: September 25, 2014, 01:12:54 PM »

meanwhile i saw this a bit earlier

Betfred went 9/4 USA, which i think tikay would have liked, in principle

!

They were prepared to risk a whole quid?

As I am a mug, I managed to get £100 on. Would Fred like some?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #87664 on: September 25, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »

In a Betfred shop and they're 9/4 USA
Prob file under value losers if it blows but must bet for me.
Dunno if it's online

Also happy to pop into my local Betfred shop and ask the question how much can i get on. Arrboyyyyyy!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87665 on: September 25, 2014, 01:27:37 PM »

!

its ok thanks. I got £25 on for the thread this morning. Value grounds, rather than any great conviction

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87666 on: September 25, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »

I like Jim Furyk in the top US points-scorer market and even the 8/1 looks okay.

He's nailed-on to play foursomes on both days and as arguably the US's most in-form player I think he has a good chance of playing in one of the fourball matches too.

In 8 ryder cups he has a 1-8-1 record in Fourball, and a 9-17-4 record overall.

things would have to be going pretty bad to pick him in a Fourball here wouldn't they, where most holes are going to be won in birdie?

Ralph how many of the US team would you say are locks to play 4 or 5 times, out of interest?

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #87667 on: September 25, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »

See Lololadbrokes have removed their each-way stips on the Ryder Cup top debutant market? Anyone snap up the 1/4 1, 2, 3?

Coralolol and BMU both have 9/2 Donaldson, which is a decent price.

Betfred would allow me £10 at 9/4 USA. We must have done some cereal damage to them to be limited to a quid?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87668 on: September 25, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »

See Lololadbrokes have removed their each-way stips on the Ryder Cup top debutant market? Anyone snap up the 1/4 1, 2, 3?

Betfred would allow me £10 at 9/4 USA. We must have done some cereal damage to them to be limited to a quid?

The thread got £25

the £1 was someone else, perhaps my post was ambiguous

Laddies 1/4 1,2,3..? someone was quick off the mark and has PMed the boss about it

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #87669 on: September 25, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »

In 8 ryder cups he has a 1-8-1 record in Fourball, and a 9-17-4 record overall.

things would have to be going pretty bad to pick him in a Fourball here wouldn't they, where most holes are going to be won in birdie?

Ralph how many of the US team would you say are locks to play 4 or 5 times, out of interest?

Fowler, Mickelson, and Bradley are the only ones that look sure to play 4+.

That's why I think that Furyk is value at the price as he's sure to play 3+ and he has a decent record in foursomes and singles in what has been a losing team. Any return in fourballs would be a bonus.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:01:42 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #87670 on: September 25, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »

Ed

when you say "perm it up", you mean both foursomes and both fourballs to halve? fourballs only?

the best day 1 4ball tie odds are around 11/4? foursomes around 5/2?

why is this mis-priced?

Sorry, should have been clearer.

Each, individual, 4ball match will be priced up once the pairings announced this evening. I would imagine they will generally bet between 9/2-11/2 the halved match as a genericapproach. It's a 'negative' outcome, rather like the draw in football, as patriotic/positive money lumps either side of the outcome, but rarely on it. Therefore from a utility perspective the books might be consciously trying to fill the halved match...but I think it's actually just a genuine mispricing. I think halved match odds in 4ball golf should centre around 4.8-4.9 decimal, for reasons I won't go into.....but that obviously makes even 9/2 in each match a bet.

Personally, especially nowadays that I'm a mug punter with no time for anything....I will be playing a halved 4ball Yankee and sweating the lot of them. The 4somes as a format is, in my opinion, less likely to produce halved matches so I leave those alone.

All EV aside, it's a fantastic fun bet to sweat!

This makes perfect sense to me and I think I will follow you in but surely lucky 15's over yankees Ed?

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #87671 on: September 25, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »

Some lucky 15s only have bonuses on horses and dogs.

btw We are groundhog-daying here - we had this debate last time and I don't think anyone came up with statistical evidence to back up which fours format produced more draws.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #87672 on: September 25, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »

!

£100 max in shops
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #87673 on: September 25, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »

got to be quick in this game Smiley

Also made sure the terms were confirmed in the shop so we will see

Tbf they kept the terms for a fair while
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #87674 on: September 25, 2014, 03:06:50 PM »

Dear Customer,

Thank you for placing your bet with Ladbrokes on the Top Debutant Point Scorer for the 2014 Ryder Cup.

Regrettably this market was incorrectly displayed as eachway. The market should have been a Win Only market.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this error. Unfortunately we will not be able to pay out your bet including the eachway terms and so would like to offer you the following options:

• Void the place part of your bet
• or for your bet to settled as win only

If you would like us to void the place part of your bet bet, you will need to contact us before the start of the event at 07:35:00 on the  2014-09-26.

I was told by Fred elders. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5841 5842 5843 5844 [5845] 5846 5847 5848 5849 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: