blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 990 991 [992] 993 994 995 996 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446420 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #14865 on: September 07, 2012, 12:49:13 AM »

Haha - yep that's him!!!

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #14866 on: September 07, 2012, 02:08:08 AM »

Fred has been very quiet at the moment, so want to see views on Huddersfield to get relegated from Championship.

They are 7/1.

I didn't see that much of Huddersfield in the summer to say they would comfortably stay up this season and now they have just lost Jordan Rhodes. There was much speculation that a number of people was going to replace him, but they still have not replaced him to an extent yet. There are rumours that Beckford is nearly at the Galpharm, but still yet to be seen. Without Rhodes' goals and a somewhat use Novak, it must be seen as they will be down and around the bottom this season?

I had a look at the other forums and they said they are not quite happy with the current situation and timing of this and do see themselves struggling this season, but they also seem to think that there are a lot more worse off teams like themselves.

Personal opinion is all of above, but they could be one of 4 who will be trying to avoid 22nd place. I think P'boro and Barnsley are already doomed.

Thoughts? 7/1 good price?
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #14867 on: September 07, 2012, 07:10:16 AM »

Very short up front atm. Hoyle has money though, leave it until the loan window shuts imo, Simon Church and Beckford seem to be the targets.

Will be fine if we get those two in.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #14868 on: September 07, 2012, 07:11:02 AM »

I think they've made some good signings in the summer - Lynch, Scannell, Clayton, Hammill.
Lost Rhodes late but managed to get Vaughan in who should do well at this level if he stays fit but I imagine they'll also get somebody on loan when the window opens.
Chairman has been very supportive so would strengthen if they were in trouble.
I also think last season they underachieved. I think they were the best team in league one but Lee Clark didn't really get the best out of them.
I don't think there is much between them and ourselves and we're over twice the price to go down.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #14869 on: September 07, 2012, 07:22:59 AM »

Backing Huddersfield to go down would be causty

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #14870 on: September 07, 2012, 10:20:57 AM »

I think the scannell signings for Huddersfield is a decent enough one, as for the others, not really sure if they would be first 11 or squad players for others mid table teams (Weds, Charlton, Brum, M'boro, Bolton?).

The Hudds fans also question that Vaughan is not really prolific and also a bit of a regular concern on the physio bed. I think advice would be to see what happens in the loan market, for sure.

I know Tikay doesn't like having a "cheeky" bet on something, so not going to advise it at this moment. I don't really want to part with some money for 8 months either, was only going to see views and was perhaps thinking £10-£20 on here.

The others that are to be around there according to odds are Palace, Millwall, Derby & Bristol City. If you add Huddersfield to that lost, don't see much quality between all of those sides?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #14871 on: September 07, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »

Bristiol City will be fine, they added 2 good strikers in Davies & Baldock in addition to Stead which really swung it late for them. 

Neither here nor there on 7/1 Hudds, don't think its the worst bet.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #14872 on: September 07, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »

scannell is probably the worst of all there signings

they will be fine imo
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #14873 on: September 07, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »

I'd much rather be on Huddersfield to go up than down.

Dlayton and Norwood have the potential to be one of the best CM partnerships in the division.

Sure they'll sign a striker on loan, probably Beckford.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #14874 on: September 07, 2012, 11:06:16 AM »

I think Palace are really going to struggle this year, but I assume they are one of the favs to go down?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #14875 on: September 07, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »

One for Saturday, not a price to get excited about but probably a smidgeon of value all the same.

Northampton are 4/5 to beat Wimbledon at home.  Wimbledon's endeavours in the league so far have been a 6-2 defeat and Burton and a 5-1 defeat at Bradford.  They are conceding goals at a frightening rate.

I expect Northampton to be pushing for a playoff berth this season and Boothroyd has put together a squad which lacks depth but has a strong first XI.

The will be keen to get the league season back on track - after a promising start they conceded a late equaliser to draw 3-3 with Southend before losing to Plymouth 3-2 away last time out.  The last outing was an impressive win against MK Dons in the JPT but I am not sure what side MKD put out so might be misleading.  Wimbledon lost to Southend in the same competition in midweek.

All in all, I think Northampton should win this and 4/5 seems a fair investment given Wimbledon's horrific defence this year on the road.  There is a Wombles fan on this thread, so he'll be able to add his views as well as to whether this is a decent price on the home team.

Dung

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #14876 on: September 07, 2012, 11:26:40 AM »

MK played a full team in the week, haven't read any reports though.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #14877 on: September 07, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »

One for Saturday, not a price to get excited about but probably a smidgeon of value all the same.

Northampton are 4/5 to beat Wimbledon at home.  Wimbledon's endeavours in the league so far have been a 6-2 defeat and Burton and a 5-1 defeat at Bradford.  They are conceding goals at a frightening rate.

I expect Northampton to be pushing for a playoff berth this season and Boothroyd has put together a squad which lacks depth but has a strong first XI.

The will be keen to get the league season back on track - after a promising start they conceded a late equaliser to draw 3-3 with Southend before losing to Plymouth 3-2 away last time out.  The last outing was an impressive win against MK Dons in the JPT but I am not sure what side MKD put out so might be misleading.  Wimbledon lost to Southend in the same competition in midweek.

All in all, I think Northampton should win this and 4/5 seems a fair investment given Wimbledon's horrific defence this year on the road.  There is a Wombles fan on this thread, so he'll be able to add his views as well as to whether this is a decent price on the home team.

Dung

I like this. Also think price is not bad.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #14878 on: September 07, 2012, 11:39:58 AM »

dave kitson now 4-7 for tsf

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #14879 on: September 07, 2012, 11:47:36 AM »

found what i believe is a decent bet tonight

BELGIUM TO HAVE MOST CORNERS vs WALES tonight 10-11 with blue square

belgium averaged 7.5 corners per qualifying game last campaign, wales averaged 4.2

It is not hard to make the argument that belgium have probably improved again since then and wales have regressed.

You could argue why not just back belgium to win at a similar price but they still havent won the games they should have yet and i feel the corners bet offers more value.

suggest £40

Pages: 1 ... 988 989 990 991 [992] 993 994 995 996 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: