blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:29:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1799 1800 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 1806 1807 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13442835 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #27030 on: January 20, 2013, 12:53:04 AM »

Robertson 4/5 Selby evens

Took some insurance out, both a winner for me now

Abso the right thing to do there, Selby looks and stated he is shattered, he wont get much of a rest before tomorrow either.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #27031 on: January 20, 2013, 12:53:13 AM »

the right thing to do Rich, too close to call for me.

Robertson a justified favourite I think

Classic old school snooker tonight. Love the scrappy tactical stuff, the angles and the snookers.

Selby's temperament proved a bit tougher than Dott's in the end

+1, love those kind of games.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #27032 on: January 20, 2013, 12:53:23 AM »

reminds me of the old guy who played for our local division 2 side every thursday

he had been playing for at least 50 years and basically kept on playing until the bitter end . Towards the end he could not pot for toffee but knew every "angle" and safety in the book.

he always without fail played the young kiddie on the other side who was just starting out and was a decent player but was not prepared for a two hour frame

good memories

Haha, my dad let me start playing in our county league when I was about 11 years old and it took me a season or two to get accustomed to the old foxes Cheesy

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #27033 on: January 20, 2013, 12:54:31 AM »

reminds me of the old guy who played for our local division 2 side every thursday

he had been playing for at least 50 years and basically kept on playing until the bitter end . Towards the end he could not pot for toffee but knew every "angle" and safety in the book.

he always without fail played the young kiddie on the other side who was just starting out and was a decent player but was not prepared for a two hour frame

good memories

Haha, my dad let me start playing in our county league when I was about 11 years old and it took me a season or two to get accustomed to the old foxes Cheesy

haha, if they took the pockets off the tables I might be in the top 100 in the world  Smiley

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #27034 on: January 20, 2013, 01:00:12 AM »

Did you guys see that snooker that Selby played early in tonight's session where he screwed off the blue which was fairly central to back in tight  behind the the black which was near the corner and the blue travelled in and out of baulk and then back in again.

Dott actually escaped from it but I think it might have been the best snooker that I have ever seen laid.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #27035 on: January 20, 2013, 01:02:42 AM »

good memories

haha, if they took the pockets off the tables I might be in the top 100 in the world  Smiley

I gave up playing when I joined the Navy at 18, I started playing again when I left 4 years later and for the first 6 months I was that guy Smiley

TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #27036 on: January 20, 2013, 01:30:35 AM »

Is Fred on Swansea for the Capital One Cup? I seem to recall we were?
I see that Bradford are 11.5 on Betfair which is quite ool with other firms. I just had a very small nibble.

Ooops, I meant to say why I thought this was (extra) value. Bradford had their game called off today so will get extra rest before the 2nd leg which is on the 22nd. And Villa obviously had a tough Derby game today and may be nursing some aches and bruises. Anyway, doesn't matter now as price is gone.

I guess not for Fred as we're not on many Prem games anymore but I'll be laying Chelsea tomorrow.
Chelsea have only won 1 of their last 7 home league games and Arsenal have lost only 3 of their last 19 away Prem matches.
These 2 teams are both tremendously inconsistent, capable of being terrific and equally capable of being awful (eg, Chelsea 8 Villa 0, followed by Chelsea 0 QPR 1!).

Anyway, you may think that these stats are just anomolies but I believe there is something in the Chelsea home form. Even though their poor home run started before Rafa arrived, the fans are not happy with him being appointed and I believe that may be showing in the teams poor form at Stamford Bridge.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27037 on: January 20, 2013, 01:48:04 AM »

Liverpool are up to 7th in the league, ok im biased as a fan but i think they are value for a top 6 spot.

VC have them at 6/4, while they are evs at PP and odds on at BF.

To finish in the top 6 they will need to move above Arsenal or Everton, next week Liverpool are away to Arsenal.

Opinions.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #27038 on: January 20, 2013, 03:32:33 AM »

Look no further than Sunderland for the top 6. Would love to be proved right on an outlandish pre season prediction. The sleeping giant in O'Neill has awoken. Be very afraid! 4 wins in their last 6. Tasty.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #27039 on: January 20, 2013, 03:43:18 AM »

Look no further than Sunderland for the top 6. Would love to be proved right on an outlandish pre season prediction. The sleeping giant in O'Neill has awoken. Be very afraid! 4 wins in their last 6. Tasty.

Very much still to be convinced on that one. Would probably require Everton to sell Fellaini this month. That or Suarez to get either injured or suspended for a language-barrier/cultural mistake.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #27040 on: January 20, 2013, 04:20:19 AM »

Very much still to be convinced on that one. Would probably require Everton to sell Fellaini this month. That or Suarez to get either injured or suspended for a language-barrier/cultural mistake.

Part joke on my part. There are a lot of games in hand for the teams above them and I think the early season has stunted any realistic chance of a top 6. I have Sunderland as my second team literally because I have man love for Martin O'Neill and I want him to stuff it in the face of all the early season doubters. Hopefully, maybe with a top 8?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #27041 on: January 20, 2013, 04:25:32 AM »

The Bisping fight looked a little flawed in how it was stopped. I think he was defending himself after the kick to the head and therefore was fine with the barrage of punches coming his way. He basically, probably, needed to take a bit more punishment until he came to his senses and mount a counter.

Seems a little unfair the ref came into stop it when he was still contesting the fight. I stopped watching straight after the ref called it, and not too sure if I am talking bollocks.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #27042 on: January 20, 2013, 05:33:43 AM »

Liverpool are up to 7th in the league, ok im biased as a fan but i think they are value for a top 6 spot.

To finish in the top 6 they will need to move above Arsenal or Everton, next week Liverpool are away to Arsenal.

Opinions.

6/4 is too big currently, 2.1 to lay on betfair, 2.2 for a fair bit. Probably a wrong price, not revised after yesterdays result/superb display. I expect you would still be able to take it though if quick.

But I'm just wondering what price people think this bet could reach in 2 gameweeks time.

Everton have Saints away on Monday and in the 2 gameweeks after that WBA at home then Villa at home yet Liverpool have Arsenal and Man City away. Arsenal games look fine (inc West Ham & Stoke at home) and Spurs games are ok. Obv great games for Everton and terrible ones for Liverpool.

I do like Liverpool's chances of beating Everton to that 6th place spot, mainly due to the fixture comparison in the last 12 weeks of the season (Everton nice home games but rock solid away games, Liverpool reasonably nice on both sides and importantly, Liverpool still have Everton at home) and the improvement I expect Liverpool to continue to show but its whether its worth getting on now and taking the price that is too big at this second or gambling and waiting 2 gameweeks time when Pool could theoretically be as far as 12 points behind 6th place, although a more realistic estimate is probably around 7.

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #27043 on: January 20, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »

Opinions.

6/4 is too big currently, 2.1 to lay on betfair, 2.2 for a fair bit. Probably a wrong price, not revised after yesterdays result/superb display. I expect you would still be able to take it though if quick.

But I'm just wondering what price people think this bet could reach in 2 gameweeks time.

Everton have Saints away on Monday and in the 2 gameweeks after that WBA at home then Villa at home yet Liverpool have Arsenal and Man City away. Arsenal games look fine (inc West Ham & Stoke at home) and Spurs games are ok. Obv great games for Everton and terrible ones for Liverpool.

I do like Liverpool's chances of beating Everton to that 6th place spot, mainly due to the fixture comparison in the last 12 weeks of the season (Everton nice home games but rock solid away games, Liverpool reasonably nice on both sides and importantly, Liverpool still have Everton at home) and the improvement I expect Liverpool to continue to show but its whether its worth getting on now and taking the price that is too big at this second or gambling and waiting 2 gameweeks time when Pool could theoretically be as far as 12 points behind 6th place, although a more realistic estimate is probably around 7.

If they are value today, then price should be taken, no?

If they are bigger or shorter in 2 weeks, can go in again / lay or leave depending on how you see it at the time?

If they got results against Arsenal / City then you'd be thinking, 'why didn't I take the 6/4'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27044 on: January 20, 2013, 09:05:55 AM »

Daily Summary, as @ 0900, Sunday January 20th                     

PROFIT on Month = £187.60

Unsettled Bets  - £1,305.00

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc#gid=18

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 1799 1800 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 1806 1807 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: