blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2401 2402 2403 2404 [2405] 2406 2407 2408 2409 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13413018 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36060 on: April 01, 2013, 05:08:56 PM »

Think there's a typo in the Hull KR score tikay. No need to worry.

What is the score?

6-78. Decided not to look again until I had confidence that the BBC website staff weren't just taking the piss.

Make that 84-6, Wigan got lucky near the end.

MOTM was awarded to the scoreboard operator.

Ouch!

What a start to April!

This variance bird can bugger off as soon as she likes.

Hector in April Fool's Day Prank

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36061 on: April 01, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here - Baseball starts shortly, 6.05pm, on ESPN, Red Sox v Yankees for starters, followed by three other games, back to back. I'm off to the Baseball thread.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #36062 on: April 01, 2013, 05:23:53 PM »

Boston Red Shoes?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36063 on: April 01, 2013, 05:45:11 PM »

I know I'm not known here but thought you all might be interested in an opportunity.

Pinny have quick moving lines for most things which meaning anything which is far off tends to get adjusted pretty quickly and usually means they are pretty near to perfect. This is good as it enables us to see compare the lines available at other books and assuming pinny are correct, we can bet any significant line differences elsewhere comfortable that we are picking up solid equity. Today bet365 appear to be way off with their 5 inning total lines on a number of games, in some spots offering upto 2 extra runs whilst posting the under at the same price.

I understand you can't get on there and I'm not known so you might just want a watching brief but the following are incredible bets:

MIN/DET u5.5 @20/23 (pinny line is 3.5)
LAA/CIN u5 @5/6 (pinny line is 3.5)
SEA/OAK u4.5 @ 4/5 (pinny line is 3.5)

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #36064 on: April 01, 2013, 05:49:40 PM »

Everyone watch for blackburns relegation odds
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36065 on: April 01, 2013, 05:59:02 PM »

Carlsen is in time trouble, needing to make 11 moves in 2 minutes 39 seconds. He is in front but happens to be at a critical point in the game, where he will be trying to work out whether he can win the game with a series of tactics.

Kramnik is still slightly down in his game, but he'll likely be more interested in what's going on elsewhere.

As am I.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36066 on: April 01, 2013, 06:05:49 PM »

Carlsen is in time trouble, needing to make 11 moves in 2 minutes 39 seconds. He is in front but happens to be at a critical point in the game, where he will be trying to work out whether he can win the game with a series of tactics.

Kramnik is still slightly down in his game, but he'll likely be more interested in what's going on elsewhere.

As am I.

Draw-draw will do, though?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36067 on: April 01, 2013, 06:09:28 PM »

As am I.

Yes, but if Carlsen runs out of time, he will lose and that means if Kramnik can save his game, he will take the title.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36068 on: April 01, 2013, 06:11:56 PM »

As am I.

Yes, but if Carlsen runs out of time, he will lose and that means if Kramnik can save his game, he will take the title.

Bugger.

Tell him to hurry up then!

Wow, what a twist in the tail, who'd have thought?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36069 on: April 01, 2013, 06:15:34 PM »

As am I.

I know. To paraphrase Sir Alex:

Chess. Bloody Hell.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36070 on: April 01, 2013, 06:19:22 PM »

I know I'm not known here but thought you all might be interested in an opportunity.

Pinny have quick moving lines for most things which meaning anything which is far off tends to get adjusted pretty quickly and usually means they are pretty near to perfect. This is good as it enables us to see compare the lines available at other books and assuming pinny are correct, we can bet any significant line differences elsewhere comfortable that we are picking up solid equity. Today bet365 appear to be way off with their 5 inning total lines on a number of games, in some spots offering upto 2 extra runs whilst posting the under at the same price.

I understand you can't get on there and I'm not known so you might just want a watching brief but the following are incredible bets:

MIN/DET u5.5 @20/23 (pinny line is 3.5)
LAA/CIN u5 @5/6 (pinny line is 3.5)
SEA/OAK u4.5 @ 4/5 (pinny line is 3.5)

Hi Sir - or Madam. Wink

Welcome, I've seen you on thread, but you've not suggested any bets before, just a clarification of a FGS query on the World Cup Qualifiers as I recall.

So I've not idea if I am speaking with a Betting Newbie or an Elder........

But......

Yes, the yardstick for determining if a price is good is usually Pinny or Betty, which is something I have had drummed into me in the last year, & took some grasping.

So......unless I am misreading something, yes, those three bets all look "value" to me, though I'd need some help from those who understand better than I do.

It took me a good while to find the bets, & Bet365 will Restrict me to about a tenner on each, but I don't mind that, it would be cool to welcome a new Member aboard.

Let me just double check what is what, &, hopefully, get some re-assurance from those who understand this better than me, then, for the sake of three x £10 or so bets, you can lose your Fred virginity, & we'll get on.

How did you spot these? They take a bit of finding. Are you a Baseball geek, a Betting geek, or something else? Genuine questions, like to get to know our regulars.

PS - Thanks.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36071 on: April 01, 2013, 06:31:28 PM »

Carlsen has made the time control but I don't like his position. He is a pawn down in an endgame and with an inferior position to my ice cream eyes.

Conversely, Ivanchuk had a nice position against Kramnik, but boy oh boy would we not want to be relying on that!

Pressure is a funny thing.

Edit: I will qualify all of this by saying I can't get the analysis up at the moment, so I'm going off a superficial inspection. If Carlsen can get the pawns off, he's fine. These positions all come down to the detail. A draw makes a massive difference, because Kramnik needs a mistake out of Ivanchuk to win.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:35:39 PM by Tal » Logged

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36072 on: April 01, 2013, 06:36:31 PM »

Hi Tikay,

I am a sport fan in general but particularly the stuff on the other side of the pond (MLB, NHL, PGA golf in particular). I am also a gambler who is attempting to be a lot more selective in his punts by sticking to what he knows. However, in an effort to learn more and in the interests of fun at smaller stakes, I have been following this thread since Cheltenham and placing a few selected bets (hence my question about the NR in the FGS bets).

Regarding the bets in question I have a US based friend who primarily bets tennis (particular the WTA stuff) and who has posted some impressive yearly figures. He told me at the start of the year that 365 is often way off on their totals on tennis and MLB, and slow to adjust them, so to keep an eye on them when the season rolled around. Sure enough he appears to be spot on. Every other book is near enough completely in line with Pinny.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #36073 on: April 01, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »

These 5 innings bets seem too far off to me........they are definitely value but would be a bit worried about getting palped on them and definitely the sort of thing that costs accounts at 365.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36074 on: April 01, 2013, 06:44:50 PM »

These 5 innings bets seem too far off to me........they are definitely value but would be a bit worried about getting palped on them and definitely the sort of thing that costs accounts at 365.

Thanks Stu, I was hoping you may be around.

As it happens, I am already Severely Severely Restricted with Bet365, but I really want to hang onto the Acccount if possible, as they sometimes allow me a decent bet, & they do offer such a great range of stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 2401 2402 2403 2404 [2405] 2406 2407 2408 2409 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: